• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Mgt pulls out of PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your mec can't point at management, they endorsed this horrible new contract of yours. IF anything they should point the finger at the pilot group and say "you guys are that stupid, did you even read the TA". When a contract says if something doesn't work in this new TA will get rid of all the stuff you gained in this new contract, and revert back to the old one. You probably should vote no. But no one expected anything less from the MAG pilot group

Just to play devils advocate here.. Less than 10 days ago the Mesa pilot group was screaming bloody murder at ALPA for not holding a PBS Vote. The pilot group needs to be real with itself and undestand the anger is coming from being kicked in the balls and not being allowed to kick back. This anger has nothing to do with Block or better and etc etc. When this pilot group was screaming to get rid of PBS, they were fully aware of the ramifications it came with. Its about PRIDE, and our MEC made us look like fools.

Would that be "Messah PRIDE!!"

Your mec can't point at management, they endorsed this horrible new contract of yours. IF anything they should point the finger at the pilot group and say "you guys are that stupid, did you even read the TA". When a contract says if something doesn't work in this new TA will get rid of all the stuff you gained in this new contract, and revert back to the old one. You probably should vote no. But no one expected anything less from the MAG pilot group

I feel like doing that. I would get called by pro standards and have to write an apology though.

I also felt like saying that before the contract was voted on because of that reason. I was called stupid just yesterday for voting no. What do we have to show now? 11 days off for reserves and the same contract we had post Freedom A.

I don't believe I have ever posted until now and it's sad an excuse like the above would bring me out of the woodwork.

I was that one person for quite a while at Mesa, so much so that pilots were coming to me and I was the FA President in PHX. Some of you here may know me.

I turned PHX around for the FA's so much that when the rest of my counterparts were trying to shove a POS FA LOA down my throat I took it (and them) by the balls and forced a membership ratification.

PHX itself was a resounding no but because the other self serving leadership didn't tell the whole story, us no's also lost in the largest voter turn out for FA's EVER at Mesa. Now the FA's are going to be in a very similar position, pretty much a concessionary contract when the company isn't even in BK (yet...).

If one person has the balls to stand up for what is right, take those balls and implant them into the group, you will see people follow. You do it by being visible, by being a tenacious fighter for their rights and never backing down until the company can prove to you you are wrong (which 95% of the time they cannot).

A-V-8 I too was on every one of those calls to listen in and I was disgusted at the attitude I heard from some of your leadership. Blowing off questions and saying stuff like "that won't happen". It's very similar to what most of the FA leadership is like there.

I am tired of seeing a majority of both pilot and FA leadership with their heads in the sand or thinking only about themselves. Fortunately my replacement is holding his own quite well but the rest are still touch and go.

The only way to fix it is for both groups to have decent people willing to step into the leadership roles. Until that happens, you will have people leading you instead of you leading the leadership.

Your post is a bunch of crap..Sounds like you are drinking too much kool-aid from JOs watercooler.Mesa has always treated the FAs worse than the pilot group.Your contract has always sucked as well.WOW... you "turned around PHX for the FAs" ..One base out of how many???..One base doesn't cover all the FAs at Mesa.:puke:

No, one base doesn't cover all of Mesa, but it is a start. Please tell me how I was drinking JO's kool-aide? If you knew me, you know that was the farthest from the truth. I actually was the only one that has ever gotten so deep into his head the mention of my name set him off.

Proof is in the pudding. Ask the PHX FA's about the last union president there and see what kind of responses you get from the majority of those you talk to. Don't hate because I am the one that knew what they were doing and had the BALLS to step up unlike you.

No, one base doesn't cover all of Mesa, but it is a start. Please tell me how I was drinking JO's kool-aide? If you knew me, you know that was the farthest from the truth. I actually was the only one that has ever gotten so deep into his head the mention of my name set him off.

Proof is in the pudding. Ask the PHX FA's about the last union president there and see what kind of responses you get from the majority of those you talk to. Don't hate because I am the one that knew what they were doing and had the BALLS to step up unlike you.

Once again, one person did not change your contract did they?..I am not hating , I am just trying to make you understand one person that is not in a leadership role in the union can't fking change things..get it!!..BTW there are a lot of things that set JO off besides the mention of one persons name and that is not an advantage either.

Latest resources

Back