• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Mgt pulls out of PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like they are positioning themselves for the BK negotiations. What is given before/taken away before BK doesn't count in the judges eye's (at least that was the judges reasoning in the Comair BK 1113c motion).

Such a good airline. I wish I would have paid for the chance to interview there. I've always been amazed they got one pilot to interview since they pay 50.00. But I guess it takes a certain type of person to work at Mesa

You do realize you (and I) work for a place that voted in paycuts twice right? Not only that, but people actually paid a hell of a lot more than 50 bucks for the privilage of working here back in the 90's.

But wait, it gets even better!

When the company removes PBS they get to keep the mandatory check in system. This virtually guarantees that after the furlough you will have to put up with constant re-assignments even into days off. What you bid will never come close to what you fly. No pay guarantee for lost flying due to re-assignments is just icing on the cake.

Oh.. And don't forget that the "Quality of Life" LOA forces reserve pilots to make contact with the company after every shift. Refuse a reassignment even if it goes into days off and get a UFR. (Unavailable for Reserve) Get three of those in a year and they get to fire you. Also please note that the LOA makes reserve pilots bid day by day for RSV shifts. This means that you could be forced to take an "All Nighter" after doing early AM flying all week.

You can thank the MEC and the Negotiating Committee Chairman who sold the RSV pilots down the river for the next two plus years all for a weak ass commuter clause.

The new sick call/attendance policy (Forced on us outside of the CBA) states you get points for any sick call. Call in sick for a six day reserve shift and get six points. At ten points they fire you, you do the math. Sure we may have a shot at getting it removed because it is a violation of the Railway Labor Act. But it could take years to get a judgment.

To think I busted my ass for years as a union volunteer just to see this happen.

God do I need a drink.

Last edited:
You do realize you (and I) work for a place that voted in paycuts twice right? Not only that, but people actually paid a hell of a lot more than 50 bucks for the privilage of working here back in the 90's.

I get that, I didn't pay to play at OH though, and I have voted no at OH every time. But the pilots that voted yes had more reason than Mesa pilots, even though those reason were all wrong reasons. Mesa pilots voted yes for a contract that even if this didn't happen it still kept them at the bottom

Why cant they all just say "Hey, make this better or we all don't come in to work!"? JB isn't Reagan, he can't just fire ALL of you, can he? Oh wait, there are a thousand others out there who will take your place tomorrow because nothing will change until ALL pilots EVERYWHERE hold themselves to a higher professional standard and .......

JUST SAY NO! (find your anti-drug)

If you really believe that you are even more spineless than I originally accused you of being. Whats it like to live in a hopeless world?

Sure.....Blame the group for your failures. :rolleyes:

What did you ever do improve the situation for Mesa pilots while you were there? The way you constantly defend their consistent failures I'd say you were comfortable with the way things are over there.

btw: MESA SUCKS!
Hard to reply to an idiot like yourself that doesn't understand or wants to understand what I am trying to say.As far as a hopeless world, why don't you tell me whats it like,sounds like you are still living it:laugh: :D

I don't really see the point in arguing this anyway as Mesa's chance of existence in six months is somewhere between slim and none. I would guess your time would be much better planning an exit strategy, any strategy, instead of arguing over your current contract.

I'm a former Mesa guy, and I hate to see a bunch of good guys out of work, but I think JO may have finally run out of luck and it is all of you that will pay the price.

Latest resources

Back