• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Mgt pulls out of PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A good bet would be the union backed off on the grievance for block or better above the monthly guarantee for the reserve pilots. From what I understand that was one of the main sticking points.

That's just a guess.

Yes you are right, the reserve guys are getting bent over once again. In other words thanks for your YES vote to vote in the contract, but now your screwed and mean nothing to us line holders. Willson you are JO's bitch, get off your knees from in front of him and step down, that way it will give you more time to blow the man that you love.

Thank god 400 of us saw this all comming, the problem is that 413 were blind

Yes you are right, the reserve guys are getting bent over once again. In other words thanks for your YES vote to vote in the contract, but now your screwed and mean nothing to us line holders. Willson you are JO's bitch, get off your knees from in front of him and step down, that way it will give you more time to blow the man that you love.

Thank god 400 of us saw this all comming, the problem is that 413 were blind

Plus the couple hundred or so that did not vote.

If ALPA would set pay and QOL minimums for every ALPA carrier and set an amendable date to a date the last ALPA carriers contact is due, it would be an even playing field and pay would not be a variable untouchable by any carrier. In the provision it would state "....non compliance by said regional would result in all ALPA pilots to stike who fly as mainline or feeders for that carrier." In essence shutting down the carrier. End result is that pilot pay and QOL would not be used as a tool to cut costs.

Just an idea, but I think that ALPA national is not for such solidarity. They just fight battles that are self serving for their major carriers

One size does not fit all. Maybe you should have applied at a carrier that had a better contract. That would be much more attainable.

The pilots at your property are responsible for and have the most vested interest in what their contract looks like. If you are not willing to stand together as a pilot group and fight for it, then who will? My contract at my airline is a good one because over the last 14 years or so, the pilot group had the leadership, will, and resolve to achieve it. Why should I expect the pilots at any other airline to fight my fight. You get what you negotiate!

Latest resources

Back