• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA Loses 24 Million!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the mystery is being removed from the question "how did Mesa beat out Comair and SkyWest for Delta Connection Flying?"

It appears SkyWest was smart not to bid flying below their operational costs. However, how long SkyWest can hold out against ExpressJet and Mesa's willingness to bid at less than cost?

Skywest is holding pretty well. I'm sorry you guys at ASA are having so much trouble. If Skywest really want the flying they will bid very agressively. If not, they will put a bid that will have more restrictions. Good example is Midwest flying. We can't even staff what we got. We were not "desperate" for the Delta flying, even though would it be nice. But for one reason or the other, mangmt really want the Midwest flying.

Headline USAtoday:

"$250,000/yr MESA pilots working 50 hours a month and bringing the company to its knees with debt!"

GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think XJT is working below cost? As far as I know, DL is getting the same rate that CO gets. If that were the case, then all of our flying would be operated at a loss.

XJT bid the DA flying at cost. Instead of haing planes sitting losing money, at the very least they can break even or lose less money.

I am not sure how long this has been known, but I found out today XJT has an additional 8 aircraft heading to Delta for a total of 18. Any flying done for another carrier over 10 aircraft has to be done at the Continental rate or Continental has to get the discounted rate the other carrier is getting.

If I am not mistaken this looks like Delta is paying the same rate CO is.

XJT bid the DA flying at cost. Instead of haing planes sitting losing money, at the very least they can break even or lose less money.

Your retarded!! NONE of us know what our bid was for DAL. That isnt public knowledge And you sir pretending you know just makes you look ignorant.:rolleyes: Lets see some facts on that mister CEO. :crying:

He'll say pilots are payed too much, and demand paycuts. Of course all the CFIs' working there will agree.

I guess spelling and grammar may get you "noticed", or perhaps "paid" (or is it payed?) more. Remember, in this industry we're not happy until "you're" (or is it your?) not happy!
And what's with all these new guys being lost without an electronic calculator these days to complete an easy W&B load manifest?

Does nobody teach simple Math and English anymore?

Your retarded!! NONE of us know what our bid was for DAL. That isnt public knowledge And you sir pretending you know just makes you look ignorant.:rolleyes: Lets see some facts on that mister CEO. :crying:

Actually, the agreement is an 'At Risk' agreement with Delta. Not good! Look a little harder before you type.

Oh, and pass the koolaid. We ain't doin' so good here at Express.

That corrupt idiot spent more than that on his toys last year.

He runds this business to build his personal wealth.

No more, no less.

So far, it's worked as there's been no shortage of clueless saps more than willing to help him do that.

My guess is he'll find a way to improve the cluelessness of his flying saps to insure his wealth cash-flow remians unimpeaded.

Backboards from pine to Balsa MIGHT be a good start.

Wow. I hope my pilots take note of this. Not even Mesa can make money in this environment. Its time to say NO to ALPA and their idiotic demands for a contract at ASA.

Latest resources

Back