Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa is hurting for F/O's in which aircraft??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WSurf said:
And so what? Did you do your research? I see that the 170's pay is the same as the CRJ 900's pay! Flying that plane (EMB-170) for those FO payrates is a slap in the face to the industry also. Don't think you should be the one bashing anyone that is trying to get a job at Mesa.
Remember you flying that Guppy Killer for those rates is gonna make my journey to a major a bit longer! How does that make you feel?
Think before you type!

Yes I did actually. Unfortunately, many of us had to start over at CHQ after the company we were working for went out of business. You don't see many, if any, guys that worked where we did taking jobs at Mesa or Pinnacle unless they were hired into the left seat. Guppy killers are here to stay. It's the same as any other 70 seat aircraft. Sure it may look different but it has less seats than the BAE 146, Avro RJ85, ATR 72, CRJ 900. Those were the original "guppy killers" not the E170. What if Piedmont got the E170? Would you leave because you would refuse to fly a "guppy killer?"

I interviewed with CHQ because I live in a city where they have a 135/145 base. I had no desire to fly the 170. QOL is more important to me than what I fly. However, I was only given a choice of flying the 170 so I took it. It's a job for now.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to find a better job yet with your 6500 hours and ATP. We have many guys here at CHQ moving onto greener pastures with less time than that. I would take a look at yourself first and not blame another regional airline pilot.

Last edited:
WSurf said:
And so what? Did you do your research? I see that the 170's pay is the same as the CRJ 900's pay! Flying that plane (EMB-170) for those FO payrates is a slap in the face to the industry also. Don't think you should be the one bashing anyone that is trying to get a job at Mesa.
Remember you flying that Guppy Killer for those rates is gonna make my journey to a major a bit longer! How does that make you feel?
Think before you type!

Air France is hiring. It is the best airline in the world and only hires the best of the best, plus they fly Airbus which is also the best aircraft and you will get to eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of wine.

Is it true that on a stand up that at mesa you have to sleep in the airplane. (as in the company will not buy you a hotel room)? Not a rag, just curious whether what I have been told was true or not.

RP170 said:

Yes I did actually. Unfortunately, many of us had to start over at CHQ after the company we were working for went out of business. You don't see many, if any, guys that worked where we did taking jobs at Mesa or Pinnacle unless they were hired into the left seat. Guppy killers are here to stay. It's the same as any other 70 seat aircraft. Sure it may look different but it has less seats than the BAE 146, Avro RJ85, ATR 72, CRJ 900. Those were the original "guppy killers" not the E170. What if Piedmont got the E170? Would you leave because you would refuse to fly a "guppy killer?"

I interviewed with CHQ because I live in a city where they have a 135/145 base. I had no desire to fly the 170. QOL is more important to me than what I fly. However, I was only given a choice of flying the 170 so I took it. It's a job for now.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to find a better job yet with your 6500 hours and ATP. We have many guys here at CHQ moving onto greener pastures with less time than that. I would take a look at yourself first and not blame another regional airline pilot.

BECAUSE the pay at PDT is liveable and when you get a little senority you can live a fairly good life away from the airport. I would also like to know your definition of ALOT, as most majirs are not hiring and FedEx is very heavy omn military hiring.

hmmm........

RP170,

All I am saying is don't bash Mesa people!!!! You are doing the same shizzznit!! Your best bet is to just read the post and keep your mouth shut! Look in the mirror Bro!
ACA was a stand up company, but you sold yourself out!!! So don't bash Mesa!!

Last edited:
Yes there pilots have to sleep in the plane. The pilots that flew me to Phx on Christmas looked like they had gone through a washing machine.

n757st said:
Is it true that on a stand up that at mesa you have to sleep in the airplane. (as in the company will not buy you a hotel room)? Not a rag, just curious whether what I have been told was true or not.

The answer is no. Mesa has normal standups like everyone else and we get hotels. The trips that pilots are sleeping in the planes are all night flying out of LAS.
Ex: Leave xxx at 11:00 pm and fly to LAS. Leave LAS at 1:20 am and arrive at xxx at 4:30 am. You have a 6:30 am departure back to LAS. You now have 2 hrs to kill. Happens to all of us everyday right? Do you get a hotel when you have a 2 or 3 hr break in your schedule? Difference is it is the middle of the night and nothing is open, nothing to do. So the pilots take a cat nap in the plane. Sucks but it has to do with the all night flying HP assigns Mesa out of LAS. -Bean

WSurf said:
RP170,

All I am saying is don't bash Mesa people!!!! You are doing the same shizzznit!! Your best bet is to just read the post and keep your mouth shut! Look in the mirror Bro!
ACA was a stand up company, but you sold yourself out!!! So don't bash Mesa!!

How does a Furlwd pilot from ACA sell themselves short. All of the guys from ACA/IDE took jobs, period! There was no selling themselves short. That would be going to Mesa.
The payrates might be the same at Mesa but let's look at the QOL. It's not always about pay. We don't work for free, they do. 2 hours ground stop + a 2.5 hours flight. Block is 4.7 lets say. We get paid, ASH doesn't.

Hmmmm, beantown.... Are you the same person that Bashed Mesa when you were with CCAir, and now all the sudden you get in the Left seat of an RJ, now Mesa is a alright company?
Stop defending that piece of shizzzzznit airline!! Mesa Raped your CCAir Contact and now you are sitting there defending the airline!!!! God you make me sick!!!! And too think I liked you CCAir folks!!!!

Latest resources

Back