Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa is hurting for F/O's in which aircraft??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BlackPilot628 said:
Yeah. I know guys at Mesa that are 4 year F/O's in CLT.

BP, Did you work as a CFI at PNE for a short time? Are you a former AF enlisted guy? You just remind me of someone in the way you write/speak sometimes. Just wondering, not an attack or anything.

Hey! What the MEL'd APU?! Since someone has been through 3 airlines and a furlough, what suddenly makes them god? Mesa may not be the best place in the world but it is getting better. The people that bitch about Mesa are the people that think they've been so wronged by the fact that they got such a lousy contract to be airline pilots and oooooh...airline management has done so many naughty things to them. Boo hoo! DON'T WORK FOR COMPANY'S FROM WHICH YOU ARE GOING TO GET FURLOUGHED RETARDS!

Get over yourselves people you're making us all look bad. The THREE (count 3) MDA pilots that decided to come over from the "real" world just goes to show what they think of your lousy operation. You scope busting nazis go to heck, take your little Airbuses and shove them right up your tail pipes.

I've had enough of this Mesa bashing stuff. You want to bash my airline, tell me something that's TRUE about why Mesa is bad.

In fact they did a fine job of going the extra mile to get me home tonight. In fact, why is Mesa great? I fly airplanes with less than 300 hours on them (yes...we are taking airplanes). Wannabe know it all idiots!

As for this thread we are short in all domiciles on all aircraft.

Otto Coarsen said:
BP, Did you work as a CFI at PNE for a short time? Are you a former AF enlisted guy? You just remind me of someone in the way you write/speak sometimes. Just wondering, not an attack or anything.

Oh no! To cold up there for this brotha. I was never in the Air Force, but I respect those that are.
Good Luck.

Spinplate,

If you haven't noticed by now there is always a truckload of "experts" out there that think they got a bead on things at every other airline. Truth is this, there are discontent people at every airline on the planet. Just do what you think is right for you and your family and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. In the end that is all you have left anyways because the guy sitting next to you is gonna do what's right for him and his family. All the hot air coming from people about finally taking a stand and making the industry better is just that, hot air. Now let me say that there are probably a few places that are making small improvements, but these days it's all about survival. So take that for what it's worth and just remember, do what YOU think is right cause in the end no one else gives a rats booty about you and yours.

SLC
:)

It doesn't seem like the 1900 is a desirable place according to the people over at Mesa Lounge. It seems like changing bases multiple times a year to awful locations is common. Have upgrade times slowed on that aircraft?

Last edited:
bitememesa said:
I've had enough of this Mesa bashing stuff. You want to bash my airline, tell me something that's TRUE about why Mesa is bad.

Nobody needs to, you guys do enough b!tching about your own airline yourselves. Listening to you guys on the hotel vans is excruciating. The crews I've seen complain constantly. If it was an isolated incident, I'd understand, but just about every Mesa crew on the hotel van a couple of months ago (same overnight), it seemed were having a "who can top who" b!tchfest. Even my FA was asking who they worked for and why they were complaining so much. The Captain and I got a chuckle about that. Sad but true. It made for alot of uncomfortable rides.

RP170 said:
Wow....pinnacle vs. mesa...some people really are desperate to get that first airline job. That's part of the problem with the industry now, guys don't do much research before they choose a company. They take whatever comes their way instead of being patient and waiting for a good 121 regional carrier and then complain about how terrible life is where they get hired at. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone on here because I chose to fly at CHQ after being furloughed from Independence but I at least did some reasearch and networked to find out who has the most growth potential, best QOL, good training department and overall job satisfaction and went from there to make an educated decision.

at least you had 121 time to me marketable, some people have to take the first offer because they are not competitive with furloughed 121 guys. So don't get to high and mighty biotch

oldskoolbronco2 said:
...some people have to take the first offer because they are not competitive with furloughed 121 guys.
where did they take him, oh great Marxist one?

RP170 said:
Wow....pinnacle vs. mesa...some people really are desperate to get that first airline job. That's part of the problem with the industry now, guys don't do much research before they choose a company.

And so what? Did you do your research? I see that the 170's pay is the same as the CRJ 900's pay! Flying that plane (EMB-170) for those FO payrates is a slap in the face to the industry also. Don't think you should be the one bashing anyone that is trying to get a job at Mesa.
Remember you flying that Guppy Killer for those rates is gonna make my journey to a major a bit longer! How does that make you feel?
Think before you type!

Last edited:
Spinplate said:
Yeah, some people might be considering where they are going to be based cause maybe, just maybe they live in that same city. I happen to live in Phoenix and I would choose Mesa over Pinnacle (I have both interviews coming up) just so I can have the chance of being based here in PHX so I dont have to commute. Some of us are responsible and might have a home and family to consider before making a huge decision on what company to fly for. Grow some pubes and grow up. My QOL is much more important! Its worth it to me to live here than to be on with another regional, OK!?

Mesa or Pinnacle... wow really setting some standards with those choices.

Latest resources

Back