Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa is hurting for F/O's in which aircraft??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP170 said:
I bet they get a ton of a$$ wearing those cool leather jackets.

Leather jackets!?!?!? When did that happen?

Back in the late 80's early 90's, they had Kaki "Members Only" jackets with the green Mesa logo embroidered.

it's all perspective

Spinplate,
Do what's best for youself. QOL is number 1. If you waited for everyone to agree with what you should do, you would be hoping for an extinsion to the 60 retirement rule.
Keep a positive attitude and you will be miles ahead of the rest....................................
Good luck with your endeavors!

Spinplate said:
Sure beats that old 172 that you were dying to get out of years ago. Go sit at desk and make more $$ if thats what you want.

Hey now, 172s aren't so bad. It sure beats developing photos at CVS, which is what I was doing before. I would fly for Mesa or Pinnacle if it came to it, but there are several airlines that I will be applying to first.

-Goose

P.S. I'd probably choose Pinnacle over Mesa. I don't want there to be any chance of being based in PHX. Way too hot.

Trust me anyone that thinks flying for Mesa is better than commuting is wrong! I would rather work at 7/11 than work at Mesa and I considered it several times while I was working there.

Many pilots are leaving Mesa for other airlines right now-mainly SWA, JetBlu, FedEX and UPS. Hard to do with 7/11 time though-
Lateral moves don't make sense either. Wherever you end up-stay as long as you can until you qualify to move on to a major, if that's your ultimate goal. Seniortiy is everything, and the sooner you get to where you want to go-and stay there-the better.

Thank you to the last 6 por so people that posted!! I appreciate the feedback!! Im out the door for the airport to head to MEM for my Pinnacle interview tomorrow!! Talk to ya on Mon. night!

Spinplate said:
Some of us are responsible and might have a home and family to consider before making a huge decision on what company to fly for.

Spinplate, good luck with your interviews. Make the decision you think is best for you, but remember before you make statements like this, that everyone (or nearly everyone) has a home and family to consider, and everyone at this level makes that huge decision. There are many who came before us who sacrificed a lot more than you or I, unfortunately I don't think you understand their sacrifice to make this profession respectable. Look up the term deference. Again, good luck with the interviews and make the choice you think is best for you.

Last edited:
Wow....pinnacle vs. mesa...some people really are desperate to get that first airline job. That's part of the problem with the industry now, guys don't do much research before they choose a company. They take whatever comes their way instead of being patient and waiting for a good 121 regional carrier and then complain about how terrible life is where they get hired at. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone on here because I chose to fly at CHQ after being furloughed from Independence but I at least did some reasearch and networked to find out who has the most growth potential, best QOL, good training department and overall job satisfaction and went from there to make an educated decision.

Last edited:
Well... they must still be in business for a reason! And thats all it is..... ITS A BUSINESS!! They make money! Well they try anyway. I know I wont be at a regional forever so if I can get PHX as my base and not commute that would be great! If I could make all the regional carriers call me for an interview and an offer I probably wouldnt pick Mesa or Pinnacle, but thats what I have right now and Im not waiting around for the hiring to stop. Being patient!!?? You think about that when your sitting in the right seat of that 170 after 5 years.

NoJoy said:
Many pilots are leaving Mesa for other airlines right now-mainly SWA, JetBlu, FedEX and UPS. Hard to do with 7/11 time though-
Lateral moves don't make sense either. Wherever you end up-stay as long as you can until you qualify to move on to a major, if that's your ultimate goal. Seniortiy is everything, and the sooner you get to where you want to go-and stay there-the better.

Actually right now there are probably more pilots leaving Mesa for other regionals than there are for majors. Until you get there, don't underestimate the practicality of starting over on the bottom of someone else's list.

Latest resources

Back