Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa is hurting for F/O's in which aircraft??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spinplate said:
Well... they must still be in business for a reason! And thats all it is..... ITS A BUSINESS!! They make money! Well they try anyway. I know I wont be at a regional forever so if I can get PHX as my base and not commute that would be great! If I could make all the regional carriers call me for an interview and an offer I probably wouldnt pick Mesa or Pinnacle, but thats what I have right now and Im not waiting around for the hiring to stop. Being patient!!?? You think about that when your sitting in the right seat of that 170 after 5 years.

That's a bold statement from a guy who hasn't even proved that he can cut it in the industry yet. Good luck with making it into the left seat at Pinnacle or Mesa within the next 5 years yourself. No more airplanes coming at Pinnacle and I wouldn't expect a whole lot more from Mesa either. Another 50 170's on the property at CHQ between now and the same time next year per our CEO in a memo to the employees. Good luck. You'll be lucky to make it into a regional at all with that attitude.

miles otoole said:
Actually right now there are probably more pilots leaving Mesa for other regionals than there are for majors. Until you get there, don't underestimate the practicality of starting over on the bottom of someone else's list.

That just proves there is little to be desired about Mesa. But spin still just doesn't get it does he? He knows all there is to know about the regionals instructing in that 172.

Spinplate said:
Being patient!!?? You think about that when your sitting in the right seat of that 170 after 5 years.

LOL. The upgrade time there is half what it is at mesa...

The days of "quick upgrade" at mesa are looong gone, unless you get the 1900.

~wheelsup

Spinplate said:
Well... they must still be in business for a reason! And thats all it is..... ITS A BUSINESS!! They make money! Well they try anyway. I know I wont be at a regional forever so if I can get PHX as my base and not commute that would be great!

--JO makes money, pilots don't.

--How is it that you know you will even make it to a regional, let alone past the regionals? Must have a crystal ball.

--From what I've been told from others, don't know personally, they can give your days off at out stations?!

Have Fun!!

Pt P

Hey RP170!! Why are you so worried about me anyway. I have to learn from my mistakes only, not yours or anyone elses! So lates

wheelsup said:
LOL. The upgrade time there is half what it is at mesa...

The days of "quick upgrade" at mesa are looong gone, unless you get the 1900.

~wheelsup

Yeah. I know guys at Mesa that are 4 year F/O's in CLT.

Spinplate said:
Hey RP170!! Why are you so worried about me anyway. I have to learn from my mistakes only, not yours or anyone elses! So lates

RP170 is a smart guy. He's young but he's been through 3 airlines and a frlow.
He's one of the good guys.

psysicx said:
I thought they were getting rid of the 1900?

*The 1900 will never go away...Air Midwest is a tax write off for mesa. They are down to around 19 Aircraft from 35 last year. 2 new hire classes and 1 upgrade class within the next month. They award 1900 FO's to the jet...then turnaround and spend more money on new hires a month later... makes a lot of sense to me..

Latest resources

Back