• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa informs passangers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is no worse than "........the cabin is fully pressurized for your comfort..........":laugh:

Ok guys. It was not wake turbulence. I've been through wake turbulence before. The aircraft simply sent from a 15 degree or so banked turn to the right into a sharp 30 to 40 degree(approx) turn to the left very abruptly and then remained in the left hand turn. As if the pilots flew through the localizer, or missed a turn when they were told to exit the hold.

Like I said before, we all have bad landings. However I don't think I am alone on this one, but I have never badly sideloaded an aircraft in essentially light winds.

I have never seen a flight crew show their passengers that they were scared.

Now that I have formed my own opinion here, I will get off my soap box.

People like you crack me up!!!!

I...After leaving the hold it seemed that we were being given a tour of the entire state. During those vectors while in a gentle half bank right turn the crew yanked the airplane to the left. You would have thought there was a MIG on our tail. All of this was done with 9 degrees of flaps extended in pretty choppy air. For sure they teach you, or at least review basic aerodynamics during groundschool...

...Flying at low speeds, in a swept wing aircraft, in choppy weather you don't turn an aircraft at a roll rate of an extra300...

Do you have a copy of the Mesa SOP? Or are you all of a sudden an aerodynamicist? Until either of those conditions are met, I would "judge not, lest ye be judged."

-Goose

Last edited:
I flew on a Freedom flight from JFK to PHL last week and it was my first experience with the Freedom product, besides listening to them try to copy a clearance on the radio. In the beginning I gave the crew the benefit of the doubt. The Captain and the FO did a nice job with the PA welcoming us aboard and preparing us for T/O. We took off on our 29 minute flight to PHL and didn't hear another word from them. Not after 29 minutes and not after 45 minutes. Nothing at all. We held for a while at 8K and still nothing. After leaving the hold it seemed that we were being given a tour of the entire state. During those vectors while in a gentle half bank right turn the crew yanked the airplane to the left. You would have thought there was a MIG on our tail. All of this was done with 9 degrees of flaps extended in pretty choppy air. For sure they teach you, or at least review basic aerodynamics during groundschool. To finish the ride we ended with a very nice sideloaded touchdown. Winds were steady at 12 knots. When I walked off of the plane that Captain looked embarrassed and a little freaked out. Performance numbers aside, Delta should discontinue this brand based on customer service alone.

I dream of being a superior airman like PA44 one day. His knowledge and by the look of his profile, his extensive experience should inspire us all. Thanks for being you PA44, you're the best!! The Seminole Capt (LOL) turned hot shot CRJ rt seater has it all figured out. Dude, you are God's gift to the airlines....WOW, you are good.

Last edited:
Tap......

Amen to that..
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!1
:beer:

Maybe they got an RA and they just saved your a$$ or ATC issued an immediate turn for traffic. Point is second guessing when your sitting in the back is pointless and childish. As far as the bad landing you should no from your "Vast experience" that we all make bad landings. Philly is a tough airport to fly in and out of in general, with the tower given you s- turns or warnings that you, "will pass just behind a heavy when landing 35."

Maybe they got an RA and they just saved your a$$ or ATC issued an immediate turn for traffic. Point is second guessing when your sitting in the back is pointless and childish. As far as the bad landing you should no from your "Vast experience" that we all make bad landings. Philly is a tough airport to fly in and out of in general, with the tower given you s- turns or warnings that you, "will pass just behind a heavy when landing 35."

Would you inform your pax if you had to use abnomal manuevers to comply with an RA?

Do you consider PHL a tough airport to use? I understand that it may not be your most favorite, but I don't think I would say that it is hard to use, or any different than flying into any other airport in the Northeast.

Last edited:
Would you inform your pax if you had to use abnomal manuevers to comply with an RA?

Do you consider PHL a tough airport to use? I understand that it may not be your most favorite, but I don't think I would say that it is hard to use, or any different than flying into any other airport in the Northeast.

I probably would have informed pax if something like that happened, but it's not required. That being said while in sterile an announcement might not be the best of ideas, would just depend on the situation. As far as Philly haven't been there in a couple of years, but I was based there for 1.5 years. I believe it is one of the more unique airports to operate into.

rwy 26 is only like 5300 ft and the ILS is not allowed for cat d aircraft which the CRJ is considered. in spite of that ATC would regularly issue the ILS for 26 sometimes a tough catch when things get busy.

rwy 35 again pretty short for an RJ you will often get S-turns all the way down final. In fact have actually been approaching the river and given 27L for landing due to spacing. 35 was always good for about 1 go around per week.

Any way I don't think that PHL is real difficult to operate at but it can have its days.

the point being when sitting in back you have know idea what circumstances are taking place up front. Now maybe the pilots were idiots but maybe something happened that made the flight not routine. I for the most part give fellow professionals the benefit of the doubt.

Latest resources

Back