• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa informs passangers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While on a mesa flight to Charlotte, a flight attendent with a heavy accent informed us that "Regulations require that we inform you that the flight deck is at the front of the aircraft." The entire plane cracked up, and the rest of her message was lost. Only on Mesa.

Wacoflyr

uhh....welcome. A good percent of airlines do that.

While on a mesa flight to Charlotte, a flight attendent with a heavy accent informed us that "Regulations require that we inform you that the flight deck is at the front of the aircraft." The entire plane cracked up, and the rest of her message was lost. Only on Mesa.

Wacoflyr
That announcement is so 9/11

Ok guys. It was not wake turbulence. I've been through wake turbulence before. The aircraft simply sent from a 15 degree or so banked turn to the right into a sharp 30 to 40 degree(approx) turn to the left very abruptly and then remained in the left hand turn. As if the pilots flew through the localizer, or missed a turn when they were told to exit the hold.

Like I said before, we all have bad landings. However I don't think I am alone on this one, but I have never badly sideloaded an aircraft in essentially light winds.

I have never seen a flight crew show their passengers that they were scared.

Now that I have formed my own opinion here, I will get off my soap box.

How do you know they were scared...maybe just sharing some sweet-tarts

Also, everyone has a bad landing hear and there in gusty conditions, or even in not gusty conditions there are firm landings.

For sure, I planted one tonight. Granted the x-wind was 17kts, but still. No side load, but pretty hairy nonetheless. I guess the landing gods were too good to me for too long

I flew on a Freedom flight from JFK to PHL last week and it was my first experience with the Freedom product, besides listening to them try to copy a clearance on the radio. In the beginning I gave the crew the benefit of the doubt. The Captain and the FO did a nice job with the PA welcoming us aboard and preparing us for T/O. We took off on our 29 minute flight to PHL and didn't hear another word from them. Not after 29 minutes and not after 45 minutes. Nothing at all. We held for a while at 8K and still nothing. After leaving the hold it seemed that we were being given a tour of the entire state. During those vectors while in a gentle half bank right turn the crew yanked the airplane to the left. You would have thought there was a MIG on our tail. All of this was done with 9 degrees of flaps extended in pretty choppy air. For sure they teach you, or at least review basic aerodynamics during groundschool. To finish the ride we ended with a very nice sideloaded touchdown. Winds were steady at 12 knots. When I walked off of the plane that Captain looked embarrassed and a little freaked out. Performance numbers aside, Delta should discontinue this brand based on customer service alone.

Oh god of the sky, how can we ever compare to your greatness. You are a retard. What do you know of what went on up front. Maybe they got an R/A and had to take action. Maybe the FO was a new pilot. Maybe they were too busy working to give you a little comfort in the back because you were pissing your pants. You need to get over it because you aren't perfect so don't pretend you are. I'd love to come jumpseat with you and pick your flying to pieces.

Sorry, I am just use to hearing crews tell the pax at least a quick something when they hold. My problem isn't as much with the communications as it is with basic airmanship. Flying at low speeds, in a swept wing aircraft, in choppy weather you don't turn an aircraft at a roll rate of an extra300. Also, everyone has a bad landing hear and there in gusty conditions, or even in not gusty conditions there are firm landings. Expected. However, to sideload an ERJ with a crosswind 45 degrees off the nose at 12 knots is definitely a problem. At this level of flying I wouldn't expect a severe sideload unless winds were far off the nose and gusting near 30kts. Then when your crew looks scared afterward. Come on..

Hahah!! Dork! What do you fly, kid?

This thread made me think about something. Somewhere out there is the "World's Worst Pilot", and many people will be getting on that pilot's flight this week.

Think about it.

Latest resources

Back