Mesa informs passangers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, only on Mesa...."window shades must be up for takeoff and landing."

Again, I've heard this on other (but not all) airlines, as well.

Would you inform your pax if you had to use abnomal manuevers to comply with an RA?

Would I inform other readers of this thread that you are a TOOL? Yes.

Everyone reading this.....PA44Jockey is a TOOL. I know it, you know it, he knows it, and his mom knows it. PA44Jockey is a TOOL!!

P.S. I think Mesa denied him employment. His 25hrs of dual given in a Seminole was below their mins.

the point being when sitting in back you have know idea what circumstances are taking place up front. Now maybe the pilots were idiots but maybe something happened that made the flight not routine. I for the most part give fellow professionals the benefit of the doubt.

Good point pilot772. Problem is, PA44 is not just a professional, he is a professional TOOL! He's a RJ f/o who thinks he's better than Mesa pilots because they "put a side load on the landing gear"? Man, PA44 is a TOOL!!

Hey PA44Captain, Are you one of those FOs that want to change the faa atp mins to 300 hours RJ SIC time?? By the way when you hold an ERJ it's usually clean. Those Mesa ERJ crews are senior in the company that FO you saw had at least a year or more in the right seat and most likely during that time had flown JFK to PHL more than a few times. You of all pax should know better than to judge the guys upfront.

Last edited:
Hey PA44Captain, Are you one of those FOs that want to change the faa atp mins to 300 hours RJ SIC time?? By the way when you hold an ERJ it's usually clean. Those Mesa ERJ crews are senior in the company that FO you saw had at least a year or more in the right seat and most likely during that time had flown JFK to PHL more than a few times. You of all pax should know better than to judge the guys upfront.

Ok guys, Obviously I have gotten under your skin and that was not my intention. It's funny how you poke fun at my flying experience by looking at my profile on here. I am not saying that I am an almighty pilot(though that's what you take away from this.) In fact if you knew me you would see that I am a very understanding and professional guy and I make my own share of mistakes. I am sitting just shy of 4000 hours right now with an ATP(maybe I should update my profile so you all don't freak out.) I am sure you all know as well, that the flight time you hold doesn't make you a safe or competent pilot. How many of you have flown with someone who has over 10K hours, but has no common sense? It's out there. Just curious what is the seniority date is your most junior CA over there? I wonder how much experince these "senior" guys have.

Though it may not be in your procedures to hold with the flaps at 9 degrees, we did it. I am not saying that you can't do it either. I just thought more caution would be exhibited during the situation and the conditions that existed.

I guess I am wasting your time so I will stop posting here.

I flew on a Freedom flight from JFK to PHL last week and it was my first experience with the Freedom product, besides listening to them try to copy a clearance on the radio. In the beginning I gave the crew the benefit of the doubt. The Captain and the FO did a nice job with the PA welcoming us aboard and preparing us for T/O. We took off on our 29 minute flight to PHL and didn't hear another word from them. Not after 29 minutes and not after 45 minutes. Nothing at all. We held for a while at 8K and still nothing. After leaving the hold it seemed that we were being given a tour of the entire state. During those vectors while in a gentle half bank right turn the crew yanked the airplane to the left. You would have thought there was a MIG on our tail. All of this was done with 9 degrees of flaps extended in pretty choppy air. For sure they teach you, or at least review basic aerodynamics during groundschool. To finish the ride we ended with a very nice sideloaded touchdown. Winds were steady at 12 knots. When I walked off of the plane that Captain looked embarrassed and a little freaked out. Performance numbers aside, Delta should discontinue this brand based on customer service alone.

come on be honest....you fly for Mesa dont you????

Isn't the FA annoucement supposed to be "In the event of de-presurazation oxygen masks will drop from the overhead panel..."

As far as pilot announcements, those guys should say something before departure or after completing the climb out check list. They should also talk to you as the decent starts. I've been on many flights where flight deck PA's happened only on decent. You would think having been in the air for the last 2 hours they would have had time to say something. Perhaps some pilots need to remember their flying peeps, not boxes.

Latest resources

Back