Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Go'in Solo.....Hawaii Here they come!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avrodriver said:
Inter-island.....

I would think the longest pairing couldn't be more than 300 miles from Lihue to the big island. Guess I jumped the gun on "50 seaters", guess it could be something else.

AD

My thinking was making it there from the mainland being ferried. What is the full fuel range?

Don't forget to look at the bright side...Aloha means hello and goodbye.

mdanno808 said:
Check out the last paragraph. I think this disclaimer shows that there are some serious doubts as to whether the interisland service will actually take place. The 2 things that will end up killing MESA in Hawaii are; 1. Most carriers fly direct to the outer islands from the Mainland, and 2. The market is flooded with seats as it is. Over the last few years, the interisland traffic has dropped 25% mainly due to these facts. Also, with Costco, Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc. popping up on the outer islands, many people don't need to travel to get their shopping done any more. I'll bet that as the year progresses, they back out.

This is the most intelligent reason why the airlines are in such bad shape. Why in the hell does everybody want to begin competition in already saturated markets, especially when it's already been proven that the dam-n government won't let anyone go out of business even of they are losing their a$$. Why the hell do you think Branson can't find anyone stupid enough to invest in Virgin America? Because anybody with any sense knows that an airlines is a MONEY LOSING VENTURE right now.

Of course, it's JO, and I'd love it if that piece of $hit would lose every dime to his name. I sense more paycuts coming for Mesa employees. "C'mon!!! Sign this $hitty extension.......we need to grow the Hawaii operation!!"

CapnVegetto said:
Notta chance......JO doesn't want to add another fleet type and deal with training costs. He is a CRJ man.

I'll bet on CRJ900s with at least 1/2 of the costs picked up by UA/DL codeshares.

Take a look at how JO operated the 1900 for Midwest Express, for example.

Mesa won't lose money.

Is it possible to stay within 50 miles of land on inter-island flights? I'm wondering if they're going to need rafts or other over-water emergency equipment that the CRJ doesn't have.

I think this announcement was released to buoy MESA stock right before Johnny's new Delta agreement (MCO ERJs) gets dumped. NO way he'd have overwater jets ready by early '06.

DashCojones said:
I think this announcement was released to buoy MESA stock right before Johnny's new Delta agreement (MCO ERJs) gets dumped. NO way he'd have overwater jets ready by early '06.

That may be possible. Looks like ASA is picking up some MCO flying in Nov/Dec. And CMR has a new base there. Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Latest resources

Back