Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Go'in Solo.....Hawaii Here they come!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinPiker

Incon-fricking-spicuous
HOLY C.RAP!!!! Now I've seen it all.

Enjoy your displacement out to Hawaii boys......and trying to live off of that spiffy contract of yours.

Mesa Air Group Plans to Establish Independent Inter-Island Hawaiian Airline
Friday September 23, 7:00 am ET

PHOENIX, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced its intention to establish an independent inter-island Hawaiian airline with service expected to begin in the 1st quarter of 2006.

Mesa's Hawaiian operations will be conducted using state of the art new generation regional jets in a high quality, high frequency service, connecting the islands of Hawaii with service to the Hilo, Honolulu, Kona, Lihue and Maui (Kahului) markets. The aircraft will be incremental to Mesa's current fleet. The Company anticipates it will formally announce detailed scheduling, consumer marketing and branding plans for the new inter-island Hawaiian airline in the near future.

Mesa intends to form a new company, in partnership with other financial investors, to operate under its own Hawaiian brand. The company will use the latest technology in order to simplify the ticketing and reservation process and expects to market primarily over the Internet. "Project Hele" as it is known within the Company, has been under study since early 2004. Consistent with the Company's plans to operate as an independent inter-island Hawaiian airline, Mesa has been in discussions with other airlines regarding potential code share agreements.

Mesa currently operates 182 aircraft with over 1,100 daily system departures to over 165 cities, 44 states, the District of Columbia, Canada, and Mexico and is particularly well suited to establish a strong and stable independent inter-island Hawaiian airline. Mesa was founded in 1982 and has been profitable on a pro forma basis for 27 out of the last 28 quarters. The Company will have annual revenues in excess of $1 billion in 2005 and has approximately $275 million in cash. In recognition of the Company's accomplishments and exemplary service to the public, Mesa was named 2005 Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World Magazine.

"We are delighted to announce this new service in Hawaii. While Mesa is new to Hawaii, we have contemplated inter-island service as far back as 1990," said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chairman and CEO. "We believe our industry leading cost structure, strong financial position and high quality operations will allow us to provide a consistent and outstanding level of service. We would like to offer a warm 'mahalo' to the many folks we have already met in Hawaii for the kind welcome we have received. The Mesa family looks forward to getting to know the people of Hawaii."

Mesa currently operates 182 aircraft with over 1,100 daily system departures to over 165 cities, 44 states, the District of Columbia, Canada, and Mexico. Mesa operates as America West Express, US Airways Express and United Express under contractual agreement with America West, US Airways and United Airlines, respectively, and independently as Mesa Airlines. The Company, founded by Larry and Janie Risley in New Mexico in 1982, has approximately 5,000 employees. Mesa is a member of the Regional Airline Association and Regional Aviation Partners. The Company was named 2005 Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World Magazine.

This press release contains various forward-looking statements that are based on management's beliefs, as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to management. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable; it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct. Such statements are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated, projected or expected. The Company does not intend to update these forward-looking statements prior to its next filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you. I never expected to see this from any regional.

Smart thinking in finding a home for some 50 seaters......

Personally I think they are going to get slaughtered. I would think the 717 and 737 would have a far low operating cost, not to mention I would think Hawaiin and Aloha would go after them to protect there turf. I know there's also that ATR 72 operation that is trying to start up as well. CRJ's???? Anyway....I still give them points for thinking outside the box, they'll probably offer United, Delta, and US Airways code share deals they can't refuse. I was very surprised to see how much cash they have on hand.

This will be interesting.

AD

Just curious, but what jet would they fly inter-island, and what is the range of CRJ/ERJ? Don't know too much about them.

AlabamaMan!! said:
Just curious, but what jet would they fly inter-island, and what is the range of CRJ/ERJ? Don't know too much about them.

Inter-island.....

I would think the longest pairing couldn't be more than 300 miles from Lihue to the big island. Guess I jumped the gun on "50 seaters", guess it could be something else.

AD

FlyinPiker said:
Mesa's Hawaiian operations will be conducted using state of the art new generation regional jets in a high quality, high frequency service, connecting the islands of Hawaii with service to the Hilo, Honolulu, Kona, Lihue and Maui (Kahului) markets.

I'm guessing E170.

Umm Johnny did you see anything about Fly I that worked out. High cost jets, sh!tty yields, and 65 bucks a barrel for oil. You will get your fat @ss handed to you. I couldn't be happier you are such a douche.

Check out the last paragraph. I think this disclaimer shows that there are some serious doubts as to whether the interisland service will actually take place. The 2 things that will end up killing MESA in Hawaii are; 1. Most carriers fly direct to the outer islands from the Mainland, and 2. The market is flooded with seats as it is. Over the last few years, the interisland traffic has dropped 25% mainly due to these facts. Also, with Costco, Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc. popping up on the outer islands, many people don't need to travel to get their shopping done any more. I'll bet that as the year progresses, they back out.

PHOENIX, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc.
(Nasdaq: MESA) today announced its intention to establish an independent
inter-island Hawaiian airline with service expected to begin in the 1st
quarter of 2006.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065 )
Mesa's Hawaiian operations will be conducted using state of the art new
generation regional jets in a high quality, high frequency service, connecting
the islands of Hawaii with service to the Hilo, Honolulu, Kona, Lihue and Maui
(Kahului) markets. The aircraft will be incremental to Mesa's current fleet.
The Company anticipates it will formally announce detailed scheduling,
consumer marketing and branding plans for the new inter-island Hawaiian
airline in the near future.
Mesa intends to form a new company, in partnership with other financial
investors, to operate under its own Hawaiian brand. The company will use the
latest technology in order to simplify the ticketing and reservation process
and expects to market primarily over the Internet. "Project Hele" as it is
known within the Company, has been under study since early 2004. Consistent
with the Company's plans to operate as an independent inter-island Hawaiian
airline, Mesa has been in discussions with other airlines regarding potential
code share agreements.
Mesa currently operates 182 aircraft with over 1,100 daily system
departures to over 165 cities, 44 states, the District of Columbia, Canada,
and Mexico and is particularly well suited to establish a strong and stable
independent inter-island Hawaiian airline. Mesa was founded in 1982 and has
been profitable on a pro forma basis for 27 out of the last 28 quarters. The
Company will have annual revenues in excess of $1 billion in 2005 and has
approximately $275 million in cash. In recognition of the Company's
accomplishments and exemplary service to the public, Mesa was named 2005
Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World Magazine.
"We are delighted to announce this new service in Hawaii. While Mesa is
new to Hawaii, we have contemplated inter-island service as far back as 1990,"
said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chairman and CEO. "We believe our industry
leading cost structure, strong financial position and high quality operations
will allow us to provide a consistent and outstanding level of service. We
would like to offer a warm 'mahalo' to the many folks we have already met in
Hawaii for the kind welcome we have received. The Mesa family looks forward
to getting to know the people of Hawaii."

Mesa currently operates 182 aircraft with over 1,100 daily system
departures to over 165 cities, 44 states, the District of Columbia, Canada,
and Mexico. Mesa operates as America West Express, US Airways Express and
United Express under contractual agreement with America West, US Airways and
United Airlines, respectively, and independently as Mesa Airlines. The
Company, founded by Larry and Janie Risley in New Mexico in 1982, has
approximately 5,000 employees. Mesa is a member of the Regional Airline
Association and Regional Aviation Partners. The Company was named 2005
Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World Magazine.

This press release contains various forward-looking statements that are
based on management's beliefs, as well as assumptions made by and information
currently available to management. Although the Company believes that the
expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable; it
can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct.
Such statements are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions.
Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should
underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially
from those anticipated, estimated, projected or expected. The Company does
not intend to update these forward-looking statements prior to its next filing
with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

FlyinPiker said:
Mesa Air Group Plans to Establish Independent Inter-Island Hawaiian Airline
Friday September 23, 7:00 am ET

PHOENIX, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced its intention to establish an independent inter-island Hawaiian airline with service expected to begin in the 1st quarter of 2006.

"We are delighted to announce this new service in Hawaii. While Mesa is new to Hawaii, we have contemplated inter-island service as far back as 1990," said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chairman and CEO. "We believe our industry leading cost structure, strong financial position and high quality operations will allow us to provide a consistent and outstanding level of service. We would like to offer a warm 'mahalo' to the many folks we have already met in Hawaii for the kind welcome we have received. The Mesa family looks forward to getting to know the people of Hawaii."

Because Hawaii certainly needs more inter-island service. This is one of the reasons the airlines are in the shape they're in: Destructive competion. Now we are going to have at least 4 airlines pounding hell out of each other out there, and not one of them making a fukcing dime!

Wonder if J.O. managed to keep a straight face when he said "high qualiity operations", and "outstanding level of service".

Latest resources

Back