• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa files ch11 bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OO's 80 million was at 11% interest, secured with gates and equipment. It also secured there flying. You can't get a better investment then that, I wish I had some money to loan United. You can say its pay to play, but to me that just sounds like some dang good business.

Good Business.....

OO's 80 million was at 11% interest, secured with gates and equipment. It also secured there flying. You can't get a better investment then that, I wish I had some money to loan United. You can say its pay to play, but to me that just sounds like some dang good business.

Doesn't the pimp always give away the first hits of smack to the ho's for free???????

How long can they maintain that wonderful contract operating at a loss?

And Fltlvls, your career at Mesa is over, you should have got out when you could have.

And Popeye, your career at RAH (hopefully) is over soon, you should have got out when you could have

We know YV still has 20 700s under contract for UA, wether they get more or not depends on how desperate UA becomes for 70 seat feed, mind you YV may not stand a chance with the ongoing litigation over 700s.

If Mesa puts those 10 frames by april, there is no litigation.
Contract was signed 4 years ago.

Before learning of the US scope issues, I would have said that down the road YV might have a shot at more 900s, but with US also in financially bad shape and labor issues they might actually reduce 900s to appease labor concerns.

If Usair was to reduce the liabilities on their books, Mesa will not only keep, but will get more planes...

Go! won't go to far as long as there intra island only. If the ever land a codshare from the mainland or international destinations, they might have reason to get larger planes, but I don't see the fleet numbers themselves changing.

Take a look at the Hawaian Airlines scope relief recent TA.
And no more jets for GO

Missed the point

Looks like you and Rene have short term memories...I wonder who started this pay to play stuff....I think it started in 2003 by, gosh I can't remember the name of that airline... oh ya, MESA Air.

From the Mesa bankruptcy docket page 12 item 35 -

The United Agreement was for 30 fifty seat aircraft with an expiration in April 2010, had reduced margins and included a $30 million payment by Mesa to United Airlines. The Delta Agreement was for 30 aircraft through November 2012 with an option to remove 8 aircraft by May 2009. Additionally, Mesa agreed to reimburse Delta for lease obligations on 30 Fairchild Dornier aircraft.

In case you forgot so quickly the Skywest money to UAL is not a "payment" but an 80 million dollar loan, with a very attractive interest rate.

Hey Rene - I hate it too when pesky facts get in the way of percieved reality....Lets not forget who started pay to play.

I Think you missed my point. It doesn't matter who started the pay to play nonsense. My point was Mesa lost the united business because of the financial arrangements Sky West and Express Jet were able to offer. They did not lose it based on operating performance......

For the record I believe "Pay to Play" is a doomed strategy even if it is a secured loan.

How long can they maintain that wonderful contract operating at a loss?

And Fltlvls, your career at Mesa is over, you should have got out when you could have.
You are correct, my career is over at Mesa because I already got out.
Any other questions?

Latest resources

Back