• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WRONG......

30 700s FOR ual

38 900s with another possibility of 37 more

and we do not know where GO Airlines will take them

if they come out of bk

We know YV still has 20 700s under contract for UA, wether they get more or not depends on how desperate UA becomes for 70 seat feed, mind you YV may not stand a chance with the ongoing litigation over 700s.

Before learning of the US scope issues, I would have said that down the road YV might have a shot at more 900s, but with US also in financially bad shape and labor issues they might actually reduce 900s to appease labor concerns.

Go! won't go to far as long as there intra island only. If the ever land a codshare from the mainland or international destinations, they might have reason to get larger planes, but I don't see the fleet numbers themselves changing.

UAL will pull them out with SKYW picking up whats left, USAIR will pull as many 900 out of service to reduce the airframes over 70 seat to comply with the agreement they signed with the pilot group.

Really, Go? You have like 3 aircraft out there and RAH couldn't make a profit running 70 seaters out there.

Mesa's done.

So tell us Mr.Aviation Expert...Has any of this been announced in a press release?

You sound like the national news in hopes of being the first to announce a breaking news story.Let's just sit back and watch what happens,or is that too difficult to do?:rolleyes:

We know YV still has 20 700s under contract for UA, wether they get more or not depends on how desperate UA becomes for 70 seat feed, mind you YV may not stand a chance with the ongoing litigation over 700s.

Before learning of the US scope issues, I would have said that down the road YV might have a shot at more 900s, but with US also in financially bad shape and labor issues they might actually reduce 900s to appease labor concerns.

Go! won't go to far as long as there intra island only. If the ever land a codshare from the mainland or international destinations, they might have reason to get larger planes, but I don't see the fleet numbers themselves changing.

I think it will depend on how desperate UA and US are for cash and who will take the carrot dangling in front of them in hopes of gaining a contract with either one.Just like Skywest and ExpressJet did.

Do you seriously think that either UA or US cares who flys for them?
The newbies starting to fly for UA proves my point.

Yessssss Post #154....................................Mesa sucks

Yessssss Post #154....................................Mesa sucks

I think it will depend on how desperate UA and US are for cash and who will take the carrot dangling in front of them in hopes of gaining a contract with either one.Just like Skywest and ExpressJet did.

Do you seriously think that either UA or US cares who flys for them?
The newbies starting to fly for UA proves my point.

Oh, I'm sure they care. After all they seem to like the ones with 'deep' pockets that can pay to play. EX: ZW,RAH secured service with US by helping them finance the merger and OO gave UA around 80 mil. Now wether they care about the service being provided on those code share flights is another question entirely.

Last edited:
The only newbie is expressjet and really you have to look at a possible co/ua deal with expressjet getting their foot in the door. Skywest defered the payment they were due from ual, loaned them 80 plus million for secured flying/extending a contract for like 20 ac if I remember right. Besides skywest operates at times more daily flights than ual in their system. Now asa joins the fun too. Will be interesting to see if performance goes up in Dulles. Keep drinking that Mesa koolaid....oh yeah!

I love how everyone loves to BASH MESA.

AWAC gave Airways what 80 million just to get the flying
SKYWEST gave UAL 80 million to get the flying

Looks like you and Rene have short term memories...I wonder who started this pay to play stuff....I think it started in 2003 by, gosh I can't remember the name of that airline... oh ya, MESA Air.

From the Mesa bankruptcy docket page 12 item 35 -

The United Agreement was for 30 fifty seat aircraft with an expiration in April 2010, had reduced margins and included a $30 million payment by Mesa to United Airlines. The Delta Agreement was for 30 aircraft through November 2012 with an option to remove 8 aircraft by May 2009. Additionally, Mesa agreed to reimburse Delta for lease obligations on 30 Fairchild Dornier aircraft.

In case you forgot so quickly the Skywest money to UAL is not a "payment" but an 80 million dollar loan, with a very attractive interest rate.

Hey Rene - I hate it too when pesky facts get in the way of percieved reality....Lets not forget who started pay to play.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back