• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa files ch11 bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We know YV still has 20 700s under contract for UA, wether they get more or not depends on how desperate UA becomes for 70 seat feed, mind you YV may not stand a chance with the ongoing litigation over 700s.

If Mesa puts those 10 frames by april, there is no litigation.
Contract was signed 4 years ago.

Before learning of the US scope issues, I would have said that down the road YV might have a shot at more 900s, but with US also in financially bad shape and labor issues they might actually reduce 900s to appease labor concerns.

If Usair was to reduce the liabilities on their books, Mesa will not only keep, but will get more planes...

Go! won't go to far as long as there intra island only. If the ever land a codshare from the mainland or international destinations, they might have reason to get larger planes, but I don't see the fleet numbers themselves changing.

Take a look at the Hawaian Airlines scope relief recent TA.
And no more jets for GO

Last I saw Mesa sent a last second letter to UA stating a 30APR delivery date, then that was re-tracted and restated. However the 10 frames Bombardier allegedly has production orders for will not show up until 2013.

I haven't had much luck in locating the HA TA, could you specify the deets?

H
Here are some publicly disclosed facts for you all to consider.
  • Mesa is the number one operator in the Delta system based on CCF, TCF, and A-14. This has been true for the last six consecutive months. They also have the best inflight performance of any regional based on Delta's own data - (see court records).

• What are you smoking? Let's see, Mesa doesn't handle the baggage, it's DGS or REAS. We all know anyone employed by Mesa isn't qualified to handle their own sack, let alone someone else's luggage.
    A-14? I bet those 30-45 minute turns at CVG are real hard. Even when you do push 45 minutes late, you're always on time. Like Lindsay said
    Give me a break. Get ACARS and then we will see how well you do.

The only way to take away the "live to fight another day" issue is to allow transportability of longevity and seniority....If you don't do that, you will never get rid of that issue.....

And that is exactly what the ALPA Fee For Departure Task Force is trying to do!

Great idea. Totally impractical in getting started. Everyone would never agree on an integration solution.

The integration solution does not have to be agreed upon ahead of time. The only thing that is required is an agreement written in the contracts that if planes are transferred between corporate lines, pilots are transferred as well. There is already a real life example of this in ASA's contract!

• United didn't renew with Mesa because Sky West put up $118 million and Express Jet gave them 40% of the company. These decision had nothing at all to do with Mesa's performance. Both Sky West and Express Jet acted out of desperation because Mesa's lessors were about to cave on rents. This is an an indication of bad things to come at other "Quality Regional Airlines".
ExpressJet included a grant to United of 2.7 million common stock warrants UAL at $2 per share. ExpressJet currently has about 15.65 million shares outstanding. If UAL exercised all of its warrants, it would have less than 15% ownership in XJT.

Mesa scope clause clearly states, the planes and the pilots are a joint deal if a buyout should occur.

A merger is the only option, you cannot staple the Mesa group to the bottom. 300 of the mesa pilots, have been with the company for 10 years or more.

Also~ If the company goes tits up, All the other ALPA carries will give pref hiring to other out of work ALPA pilots. Might not be a bad deal for those guys after all

Sounds like the same type of language XJT has in its pilot's contract.

But then again my airline (SkyWest) has a ton of money in the bank, is very good with its money and investments, even thou I might not agree with all my management decisions.

SWA has a ton of money in the bank, is very good with its money and investments as well and they are the best compensated pilots in their industry!

We are all professionals and do the best we can. Its about what we do for each other. If everyone lifts and stands together we don't move backward. If one group lays down and dies we get dragged back with them.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

lol dummy xjet UNDERBID the current codeshares like mesa and republic for united flying. They are THE new low.

And yet XJT provides a good product to its customer and has a pilot contract that is at the top of the industry!

How long can they maintain that wonderful contract operating at a loss?

Can you point to a source that the UAL flying is being done at a loss?

Last I saw Mesa sent a last second letter to UA stating a 30APR delivery date, then that was re-tracted and restated. However the 10 frames Bombardier allegedly has production orders for will not show up until 2013.

I haven't had much luck in locating the HA TA, could you specify the deets?

700's will be used airframes coming from another regional

US AIR needs to reduce capacity and the word on the street is they may accomplish this by voiding mesa's contract.

US AIR can not afford to lease another A330 therefore lost the China route awarded by the DOT.

US AIR can not lease another A330 therefore stops for gas with the 767 on the CLT to HNL

They will reduce indeed,

Guess what? their liabilities in order to get couple A330's

Their own RJ liabilities, starting with the E-190's and then guess what else since mainline scope says " mainline frames are secured"
who has 700's that mainline paid for?

That is reality.

And Popeye, your career at RAH (hopefully) is over soon, you should have got out when you could have

I guess it would have been a much better choice to come to Piedmont and still be sitting in the right seat like you.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha, don't worry if RAH fails I will still be able to go places you can't, Flap Operator

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back