MESA AT ORD... Comedy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeepman said:
Then again there are the days with weather, traffic and then O'hare becomes.......O HELL!!!

That is the truth. I ended up missing a Northwest -9 taxi into the tail of a Turkish Airbus. Weather was about a 1/4 mile vis in blowing snow and I couldn't see Alpha taxiway from the Terminal 2 ramp tower about 1000' away.

I remember being up in the tower before 9/11, talking with the controller doing the intersection departures on 32L@T10. This guy made my jaw drop, he was able to keep a conversation with my boss and I, and fire off departure clearences without missing a beat.

No one likes ORD and it stinks when your new going in there, but MESA bashing is just good fun. Maybe if they had pay, job security than they wouldn't be flying those shiney new jets hungry!

BTW If I ever see a MESA pilot grubbing crew meals off my airplane again I'll make sure there is exlax in the food!

edited for the grammer police.......prick

Last edited:
Mckpickle, Maybe if you could write coherrently people could understand you. Or maybe you don't " has " that ability.

crj579 - get a spell-checker before criticizing others...

*hint - coherently*

I love ORD.....ah the Great lakes days......You learned REAL quick you never stoped moving. Land 22R cross 27R and take the outer hell half the time we made the ramp before we could get in a word. Not once did they say dont taxi past the C terminal to the E&F gates. Outbound call metering and wait to be called. Im sure that CJ7 crew had to be new to O'hare but at least now they know DONT STOP:D

RjFlyer
;) Good catch. I normally don't correct spelling/grammar. I think all this jumping on the Mesa bashing bandwagon is just getting to me.

Nie controller

Hey Ace- Everyone calls that Chicago controller "Roger". I have been talking to him for years. I still dont know if his real name is Roger or they just call him that because he ALWAYS says Roger after every call you make. He is so cool and a breath of fresh air. I understand he is retiring real soon. (less than 2 months) He will talk your ear off if you want and he always gets the last word no matter how hard you try to get the last word.

ETC:

Roger:"Skyway 1232 contact MKE approach on 125.35 and have great afternoon fellas, will see you soon and enjoy your weekend."

SYX 1232:"125.35 for 1232, take care Roger"

Roger:"ROGER"

That guy will always make you smile.

Latest resources

Back