Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SEFlyer said:
Kind of reminds me of CHQ when they started flying for Delta. Didn't we go through this back then too?

Only Worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASA and Comair now worth less

Wouldn't using mesa as a DCI carrier de-value Comair and ASA (with regards to selling them?) ASA and Comair provide a superior service compared to mesa, I don't think this is a good move by Delta. They (Delta) might save a little on the ASA contract, but at a much higher cost to the company.

Our old scope would have prevented this from happening, but industry pressure caused DALPA to cave on scope and...............here's mesa.

You rjdc guys should be thrilled, shouldn't you???? I am not saying you have anything to do with this happening, but your lawsuit and ideals support this 100%.

Another bad move by Delta.

DOH!!! FDJ2 strikes a nerve!

Ahahahahha.

RJDC should have spent more time protecting their a$$es and less time trying to bring the top down to what they think an airline pilot is worth.

Too late, really, as the cat's out of the bag and the profession is destroyed.

Good job, RJD!CKERS!

How many CRJs does Mesa have in place with USAir? It would seem more logical that it would be ERJs coming from the USAir side to come to Delta. So I guess that rumor isnt true?

NYRANGERS said:
Wouldn't using mesa as a DCI carrier de-value Comair and ASA (with regards to selling them?) ASA and Comair provide a superior service compared to mesa, I don't think this is a good move by Delta. They (Delta) might save a little on the ASA contract, but at a much higher cost to the company.

You're probably right. If DL brings in Mesa (which could possibly replace Comair/ASA further down the road), then why would anyone want to invest in buying Comair/ASA who are reliant solely on DL? Of course, maybe a spin-off would allow Comair/ASA do business with other carriers...off setting some of the pain.

I'm still confused on what will happen to the FRJ's with this deal. Clearly, they won't be flying for DL Connection which isn't a surprise as DL has never wanted these planes. But does this deal provide some way for DL to dump the FRJ leases or does DL already have some other buyer waiting in the wings?

It's funny though that DL managment continues to go against the grain. While everyone is saying the 50 seater is dead, DL seems to be picking them up like crazy.

Let's see:
30 at Mesa
10 at Comair
32 at ASA (some will be 70 seaters)

Not to mention the 16 E170's and the possible 70 seater order for Comair. We're talking a possible 100+ RJ's (50-70 seat range) in the next 2-3 years for Delta Connection.

Good luck to all you ASA/Comair guys. Some how it wouldn't shock me to see a Mesa %$@#%$*& airplane with blue and yellow globe on the tail in 2007 :(

Bottom Feeders

flatspin7 said:
Good luck to all you ASA/Comair guys. Some how it wouldn't shock me to see a Mesa %$@#%$*& airplane with blue and yellow globe on the tail in 2007 :(

Bottom Feeders

Mesa and or Chautauqua. They're both drooling over it.

ERfly said:
Mesa and or Chautauqua. They're both drooling over it.

I bet all those guys come home and kick thier dogs!

JO also does awful things to dogs too!

PGTB said:
How many CRJs does Mesa have in place with USAir? It would seem more logical that it would be ERJs coming from the USAir side to come to Delta. So I guess that rumor isnt true?

The press release says CRJs

From bad to THE WORST!!!:mad: Good luck to the ASA/Comair guys.

I loved to see how the Delta/Comair rampers treat these guys. I know it'll be interesting, to say the least!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back