• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We are pleased to add another highly cost-effective, customer-focused regional airline to our portfolio of regional carriers," said J.T. Fisher, president, Delta Connection, Inc. "This agreement offers long-term cost savings to Delta and makes it economically attractive to upgrade flying that would have been operated with 32-seat Fairchild Dornier aircraft to 50-seat Bombardier CRJs, an aircraft that is more flexible and effective within our network and existing Delta Connection carrier fleet."

This quote says it all folks. Outside of the first line being absolutle BS, it tells all of us that in the future your company better be a bottom feeder to get anywhere in this industry. Sad times indeed. Oh yeah let me conclude my Mesa post as always with F*CK YOU ORINSTIEN...

This is SO STUPID!

I wish all of us that fly within the Delta Connection system good luck!
Mesa is like a Parasite that won't stop growing. They are growing at the expense of other carriers jobs. I hoped that DAL and DCI would have stop to think about maybe asking one of their current carriers or wholly owned carriers to pick up some more flying throughout the system. Picking up Mesa is like OUT SOURCING jobs.

It is not my intention to trash Mesa Air Group, they have some great pilots over there that bust there a$$' to fly for P-Nutz. But that is just half of the problem, because a lot of them don't care about the quality of service they offer, because their companies don't care about them!

I do wish the Mesa Air Group pilots good luck in there future endeavors; but this is the worse news I've heard all month!

Just a few observations...

I don't believe this is growth....I believe this is proof that they will be getting the shaft from the USAir system ( which is a huge benifit to them....makes me sick too!!!) and they have just found a new, even better home for airplanes.

When Delta picked up CHQ....it was the same thing. So going by your reasoning, that was outsourcing jobs. Do you wish that Delta and DCI would have asked one of their current carriers to pick up the flying before they signed CHQ up?

But I do agree with you....the cancer is spreading and it is getting harder and harder to find one regional out there that isn't tasting the wrath of Mesa.

AD

Last edited:
FDJ2 said:
You and your RJDC buddies have a lawsuit that would make scope clauses preventing Mesa from flying everything at DAL illegal. You are seeking injunctive relief to tear down mainline scope clauses.

Have you even read your RJDC lawsuit?

I guess it's different when it happens to you.
The lawsuit would force ALPA to allow the pilots effected by your scope to have representation at the negotiations that effect their wages and working conditions. Currently the timeline is as follows:

1. You negotiate your scope with our management
  2. Your scope controls my wages and working conditions
  3. I am not allowed to participate
  4. "My" flying gets put out to the lowest bidder
  5. "Your" flying gets replaced, up to your scope limits
  6. Our airline gets in financial trouble and your senior pilots get worried, so they relax scope commensurate with the number of RJ's that can be built running a full production schedule
  7. Go to step one, white wash and repeat
If ASA and Comair pilots had been allowed to participate, you can bet your little white hinie that Mesa / Freedom would not be performing Delta narrow body flying. Unfortunately your MEC does not much care who performs the flying and well, the effect is evident.

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~ said:
ALPA's great scope strategy strikes again.

You would not be saying that if you had a Scope clause that had prevented this flying from being done by Mesa. As someone else said, by your definition of what RJDC stands fro you should be welcoming them.

I beleive this describes you and the RJDC perfectly:

Delusions

[font=Arial, Sans]Definition[/font]

A delusion is an unshakable belief in something untrue. These irrational beliefs defy normal reasoning, and remain firm even when overwhelming proof is presented to dispute them. Delusions are often accompanied by hallucinations and/or feelings of paranoia, which act to strengthen confidence in the delusion

Persecutory

Individuals with persecutory delusional disorder are plagued by feelings of paranoia and an irrational yet unshakable belief that someone is plotting against them, or out to harm them.

[font=Arial, Sans]Grandiose[/font]

Individuals with grandiose delusional disorder have an over-inflated sense of self-worth. Their delusions center on their own importance, such as believing that they have done or created something of extreme value or have a "special mission."

As a CHQ guy on the DAL side of the house, I am weeping.

Mesa...seriously....MESA!?? Sorry, I mean Freedom. Boy I look forward to our next contract negotiations. Now in direct competition with the Mesa contract. Talk about leverage over Mgmnt.:rolleyes:

Fly4Hire:

Fins is a staunch supporter of RJ drivers. He is also well schooled on the issues. Your profile looks like someone who went right from the military direct to DAL, so I wouldn't expect you to understand our plight. All you know about RJ drivers is that you are a God among insects, and when you step on us we "crunch."

Some of those definitions you posted could easily pointed toward the DAL group--especially delusions of grandeur. This extreme ego of the collective DAL group (individual DAL guys are great) has and will continue to be a source of grief for you. Franlky, you don't know how to play nice and you feel your entitled to all the toys in the sandbox.

All ASA/CMR ever wanted was to be able to negotiate fair contracts--something ASA is having a hell of a time doing right now. Is this so bad? I'm not a memeber of the RJDC, but posts like yours and FDJ2 certainly don't add to sympathy for your cause (i.e. furloughed pilots, concessions, lost flying, contracting fleet size, elimination of defined pension program, etc.) You should be on Virginia Ave. picketing with us, demanding we get a solid contract (less doward pressure on YOUR wages), you should be LIVID about Mesa/Freedom coming over to take MORE of your flying.

If you discovered a cancerous tumor in your belly today, how long would you wait to treat it??? Today, DAL/DCI found a tumor in our bowels, what will we do next.

Sorry for the rant.

Is Freedom still a non-union shop???

I said this to a few Comair guys who gloated when I got furloughed at Mainline....."Watch your 6 guys, Mesa will be in here to clean your clocks!" and sure enough...not that I told ya so, I told ya so.

Good luck to ASA to get a contract with some teeth, they just get underminded by their "brothers" at Comair accepting freezes for more planes, and management bringing in the lowest bidder.......

It kills me to watch people label their flying as "theirs" and then cry when "their" flying goes to someone else. Mainline has a scope clause to keep this kind of stuff from happening, but the RJDC toolbags try to dismantle it through the courts and then expect "their" flying to stay in-house. Anybody over there tried to solidify your scope?? I've watched flying I used to do goto said carriers and now it's being pushed further down the trough.........what goes around, comes around!! I'm all sold out of pity over here...........

Bill

BlackPilot628 said:
Mesa is like a Parasite that won't stop growing. They are growing at the expense of other carriers jobs.

Kind of reminds me of CHQ when they started flying for Delta. Didn't we go through this back then too?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back