• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good thing the DCI feeder pilots have a good Scope clause.

I'm sure Ford and company at the RJDC will somehow distort this into being the fault of ALPA National and the mainline pilots.

ALPA's great scope strategy strikes again.

~~~^~~~ said:
ALPA's great scope strategy strikes again.

According to the RJDC it would be wrong to scope out MESA, that would be predatory. I would think that you would welcome them with open arms, after all, shouldn't we be inclusive?

FDJ2 :

You idiot. How do you ever pass a checkride?

Are you cheering for Mesa? Do you figure that lowering the profession ( again ) at the RJ level helps you? Are you childish enough to believe that other pilots' misfortune makes you superior?

This would not be happening if W.O. Connection Pilots had proper representation with the entity that has operational control of their airline. Inclusive scope ( one list, fleet limits, etc.... ) would stop this continued proliferation of alter ego airlines.

Yes, these airlines are coming after your job and yet you keep cheering like a complete and total bugur eating, bed wetting, mouth breathing, putz you are every time they get closer to the goal.

~~~^~~~

Freedom Airlines new Delta Connection (Mesa)

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompanyNewsArticle.jhtml?duid=mtfh64932_2005-05-04_12-18-29_wen0921_newsml

Delta, Mesa Air enter strategic partnership
Wed May 4, 2005 08:18 AM ET

CHICAGO, May 4 (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and Mesa Air Group Inc. (MESA.O: Quote, Profile, Research) on Wednesday said they had entered a strategic partnership, with Mesa subsidiary Freedom Airlines becoming a Delta Connection carrier.

Freedom Airlines will be able to operate up to 30 CRJ200 aircraft on routes throughout Delta's network for 12 years, with the first aircraft planned to enter Delta Connection service as early as October, the airlines said in a statement.

~~~^~~~ said:
FDJ2 :

You idiot. How do you ever pass a checkride?

Are you cheering for Mesa? Do you figure that lowering the profession ( again ) at the RJ level helps you? Are you childish enough to believe that other pilots misfortune makes you superior?

This would not be happening if W.O. Connection Pilots had proper representation with the entity that has operational control of their airline. Inclusive scope ( one list, fleet limits, etc.... ) would stop this continued proliferation of alter ego airlines.

Yes, these airlines are coming after your job and yet you keep cheering like a complete and total idiot every time they get closer to the goal.

~~~^~~~

Typical of you Fins to speak out of both sides of your mouth. You and your RJDC buddies have a lawsuit that would make scope clauses preventing Mesa from flying everything at DAL illegal. You are seeking injunctive relief to tear down mainline scope clauses.

Have you even read your RJDC lawsuit?

I guess it's different when it happens to you.

No I'm not cheering Fins, I'm just pointing out the truth about your lawsuit and you don't like it.

FDJ2: Something I have said time and time again. Downward pressure on our wages and work rules, will mean downward pressure on YOUR wages and work rules. It's a simple concept.

Mesa brings a legion of 20 year olds who have never had any other job (other than working as a paper boy). They are happy to just be flying, and will fly YOUR 73, 75, 76 for regional wages. Can't happen you say? Just take what has happened in the industry the past few years. Did you ever dream DAL would be in such a position pre 9/11. Stop and think about this for a bit, this is VERY bad news for you and the rest of your DAL compadres.

We at ASA have been struggling to negotiate a good contract in agruably the worst time in airline history. If we bring our wages and work rules up--that is move closer to mainline contracts, this will slow the exodous of outsourcing. Now our negotiations have lost that much more leverage.

With Mesa/Freedom, in the fold this will only intensify the pressure for additional concessions at DAL/DCI. I know GG said he doesn't want to do this, and he probably doesn't. BUT, if fuel prices remain high (likely), he will have no choice ala United, USAir, etc.

As distressed about Mesa/Freedom coming into the DCI cyclone as I am, you should be AT LEAST as distressed.

Think about this.

Last edited:
Poor FDJ2. Arguing against something he doesn't understand. Perhaps its time to stop believing your own propoganda.

**censored****censored****censored****censored** **censored****censored****censored****censored** **censored****censored****censored****censored** **censored****censored****censored****censored**

F - - K!!!!!

This is the absolute WORST thing that can happen to any pilot at Comair/ASA/Skywest/and CHQ! I have seen first hand what having Mesa as a connection carrier for you major partner does to pilot groups at the other regionals. The worst of it is that your contract will be gutted, or you wil watch Mesa grow and grow and grow! At the expense of your company. Get used to the seat your in, and the seniority you have ---- because it probably will not move again for many years! In the case of ASA, upgrade will be 8 - 10 years from your hire date, IMO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back