• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what I don't get is how anyone even mesa can underbid the rates of skyway. I mean, has anyone seen what they pay there captains? Its really low!

Flychicaga

Posted by flychicaga.

Ok, please correct the glowing grammatical and spelling errors so I can halfway understand this post and I'll try to respond. Thanks

Well that was easy for you.

Take care.

Joe.

drag said:
Lets face it, CMR and ASA overpays its pilots. In order to be competitive, this cost will have to come down. Just as mainline narrowbody flying has been replaced by RJs and LCC's, now certain RJ operators are being replaced by more competitve providers. RJ pilot wages will only bear what the market will pay. Unfortunately for CMR and ASA, that market is far below your current rate. From a business standpoint, DAL is smart to outsource RJ flying to cheaper providers. Even Mesa will soon be undercut by XYZ. I'd guess the CMR and ASA will soon be spun off and have to market its product to multiple mainline carriers. These mainline carriers will offer bids to the CMRs, ASAs, Gojets, Whiskeys, and Republics, etc etc. Sink or swim on your own........Welcome to the the Big Leagues

Really, overpaid? Are you? No? Then why would we be? Get a f--king clue. "Mainline narrowbody flying being replaced by RJ's and LCC's". Sounds like DELTA management making the decisions about where "mainline narrowbody flying" is going. Yeah, ASA and Comair have ALL the say in the world when it comes to where they fly to and with what equipment.....

~~~^~~~ said:
Drag :

A union which brings pilots together creates a monopoly on this replacement labor and elevates the profession.

If the RJDC lawsuit wins, will there be a monopoly on labor? If the RJDC wins in court will ALPA be allowed to negotiate, let's say scope clauses that control the DL code and prevent DAL from outsourcing 777s to Freedom, Mesa, PCL, Mesaba etc.?

Get back to me on that one. It seems you RJDC folks just don't like answering those questions.

I just think its funny that the Comair VARS was out like 4 minutes after the announcement to totally denounce the situation. It took Mesa's MEC 2 days and a bogus complaint of "our internet was down" (isn't THAT the Mesa way?). It's ridiculous. Our own UNION has been whipsawed...the management loving hippies.

Our MEC won't get away with it this time. MAG pilots want to see the return of Freedum about as much as we want to impregnate a PHL F/A. Regardless if Freedumb is ALPA, is non-union, is whatever...no one wants the stigma of working for the most controversial airline in recent history.

Any questions though about how things are at Mesa? Apparently our other code-shares think we're doing a pretty good job...we haven't gotten a cease and desist order from United in at least 6 months, US Airways ain't complaining and America West...well they have no other choice.

Thank you all for your total misunderstanding of our operation, our pilot group, our MEC team (and your impressive confidence in them) and last but not least, for listening to anyone who believes we have "like...300 open grievances"

Pissha!

Not quite

DASHDRIVER said:
what I don't get is how anyone even mesa can underbid the rates of skyway. I mean, has anyone seen what they pay there captains? Its really low!

It was the fact that Delta didn't want the FRJ's. Skyway is/was ready to fly that equipment and that equipment only. Back off of the cpt pay thing. Our pilot group and union were very happy with the progress that we made with our contract. We were a post 9/11 contract and we did well for ourselves while being reasonable. I think we are the poster children for significant and productive progress with a contract.

I have said it beforeand I will say it again. You can make fun of me, my FO, my wife, or my dog, but leave Skyway alone. We have done very well for ourselves without being stupid.

GP

DASHDRIVER said:

You don't get it because you're retarded.

Just to clue you in, we only fly 'little' 32 seat airplanes, we're not big jet jocks like yourself. On a per seat comparison, who makes more? I think you should make a lot more because you fly a 100 seat airplane, thanks for bringing me down. We make just as much and just a little bit more than most D8-100 and S340 guys out there, which is more our pay comparison, not a 50 seater. BTW, even though we don't have any, our 50 SEAT rates are mostly the same as everyone else.

Also dork, regional agreements are not just based on pilot pay. Thanks for calling.

GP and Propsync,

Don't bother arguing with DashDriver - some people are clueless about Skyway and will always be that way.

DashDriver,

Make you a deal. YOU worry about what happens at ZW and us SYX people will worry about what happens at our company. Fair enough? Don't worry - we won't drag down the industry like others since we only fly a "little" jet.

Peace

SF

Latest resources

Back