Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First thing first.

I am an IPA guy myself. The more hops the better.

I was'nt aware the guy's from B were about to be out of work. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I was under the impression B and C were both still taking A/C for X.
In this case A is taking flying left by E because they went out on their own.
And A is sertainly familliar with someone underbidding them, even at the current cost structure. A lost flying to F who underbid with X in fl and company Y out west.

And (an explenation since many dont know/care), the issues percived with A exist because the pilots at A had to give in a situation i do not wish on any of you. Fighting a non-union company, Bringing back pilots at a company who would not give into whipsaw tackticks etc etc.
All so as to live to fight another day.

Joe

smoknjoe said:
I was'nt aware the guy's from B were about to be out of work. Correct me if i'm wrong.

The way I see it, the whole Do-Jet deal gone bad is how guys from "B" (Skyway) are going out of work because of Mesa. Friends of mine are possibly on the chopping block because they were underbid. Yes, there were other reasons of course. There are always other reasons.

I guess you guys should be proud of your new contract. You were able to cost-effectively nab more feed. As opposed to offering a more competitve service to gain market share. Like the way a cheap-ass will buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend at Wal-Mart as opposed to Tiffany's. It's the right price for what his broke-ass can pay, but you know if he had a better income he'd be at the other joint getting a quality product.

FlyChicaga said:
The way I see it, the whole Do-Jet deal gone bad is how guys from "B" (Skyway) are going out of work because of Mesa. Friends of mine are possibly on the chopping block because they were underbid. Yes, there were other reasons of course. There are always other reasons.

Bingo, you win a beer. I sent it to your local bar, you can pick it up after paying a shipping and handling fee of $3.50.

Flychicaga

You must have missed this part.

And (an explenation since many dont know/care), the issues percived with A exist because the pilots at A had to give in a situation i do not wish on any of you. Fighting a non-union company, Bringing back pilots at a company who would not give into whipsaw tackticks etc etc.
All so as to live to fight another day.

If you did'nt i can only asume that you have not taken an active part in to many section six negotiations and you have not been with an airline very long.
I say that because some things can only be learned or experiensed over time.

Take care.

Joe.

surplus1 said:
Avoiding a question by attempting to answer with a series of new questions won't get off the ground with me. /QUOTE]

Surplus, you are the one changing the discussion, which was the RJDC's lawsuit to eliminate scope. I can understand that, since an honest examination of the RJDC Lawsuit, something you don't seem to want to discuss, would reveal that the RJDC seeks to use the courts to eliminate scope.

Surplus, I have flown for a contract carrier flying someone elses code before, and yes I accepted the fact that it was not my code. Big deal, get hired by someone who owns their own freight. I've talen scope concessions before at DAL. Do I like it? No. However, I respect my CBA and those of other ALPA pilots, whether I like it or not.

Now answer my questions, if you can.

Last edited:
Sad though that Delta thinks they can squeeze every penny and expect Quality service. You think DL would have learned from the Comair computer fiasco that pinching pennies will cost them in the long-term. I can only hope the geniuses at DCI have a good handle on risk management extending through all six DCI carriers. If anything happens, Delta will do the usual and- 'defer all media questions to (insert guitly airline's name here).'

Latest resources

Back