Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 said:
As for the U situation, that's a whole different story and is not part of the RJDC lawsuit which seeks to abrogate the scope language in the DAL CBA.

Avoiding a question by attempting to answer with a series of new questions won't get off the ground with me.

The issue is Scope and the hypothesis in the RJDC Update is decidedly pertinent. Did your rread it? If you did not, I'll post it for you.

As soon as you have answered my questions, I will answer yours. C'mon, it's not that hard.

If that scenario were imposed on the Delta pilots, what would you as a Delta pilot do? Would you accept it or would you not?

You need to get it through your head that "What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander." Would you accept what you consider to be your flying controlled by another airline's Scope clause? Don't beat around the bush, it's a simple Yes or No.

Would you like your aircraft (whatever it may be) to be classified as a "permitted large aircraft type" and limited in number by another airline's Scope clause? Yes or No.

It's not rocket science.

ComeOnSkip said:
hy·poc·ri·sy (hi-pok-ri-se)
n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
3. Chautauqua pilot expressing dismay at being undercut by like minded pilots from another bottom feeding airline.

Priceless!

I cant imagine answering the question "Who do you fly for?" With COMAIR part of the MESA CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. UBA757

I wonder how cost-effective Mesa would be if they actually honored their pilot contract. Really, how does it feel Mesa pilots, to have what... 3000 outstanding grievances? Isn't it time to grow a pair and stand up for the sh*t you negotiated? It's bad enough your contract sucks balls, but then you let JO and company walk all over you and not even honor it?

Disgusting. "Oh, let's picket! Let's picket!" Might as well have been picking your nose. At least then you would have had something to show for your efforts.

MAG grievances

Upon imlementation of PBS, MAG will have some 15-20 outstanding grievances.
How about you're company.
Needless to say the neg and griev comm's have been very busy in the last several months.
With that being said, of course all is not roses at MAG.
Far from it.
But we are trying HARD, VERY HARD.

This is my first post on this lounge, i have just been watching for a while.
I am mostly confused by the fact that ,among fellow ALPA carriers, Pilot are blaming Pilots for MGMT decisions among multiple companies.

I do not think most,or any of you have any idea about what things are like at MAG.
OR WHY.
And i dont type well enough or fast enough to educate you, so my responces to any future MAG bashing will be limited.

Take Care.

Joe.

FlyChicaga said:
I wonder how cost-effective Mesa would be if they actually honored their pilot contract. Really, how does it feel Mesa pilots, to have what... 3000 outstanding grievances? Isn't it time to grow a pair and stand up for the sh*t you negotiated? It's bad enough your contract sucks balls, but then you let JO and company walk all over you and not even honor it?

Disgusting. "Oh, let's picket! Let's picket!" Might as well have been picking your nose. At least then you would have had something to show for your efforts.

I used to work there.......you have no idea how right you are.

smoknjoe said:
Upon imlementation of PBS, MAG will have some 15-20 outstanding grievances.
How about you're company.
Needless to say the neg and griev comm's have been very busy in the last several months.
With that being said, of course all is not roses at MAG.
Far from it.
But we are trying HARD, VERY HARD.

This is my first post on this lounge, i have just been watching for a while.
I am mostly confused by the fact that ,among fellow ALPA carriers, Pilot are blaming Pilots for MGMT decisions among multiple companies.

I do not think most,or any of you have any idea about what things are like at MAG.
OR WHY.
And i dont type well enough or fast enough to educate you, so my responces to any future MAG bashing will be limited.

Take Care.

Joe.

Smokenjoe,
There is plenty of management bashing on this board as well.

As far as pilot bashing, you have to put yourself in someone elses shoes to understand. When company A is awarded a contract because it significantly underbid company B, it stands to reason that the employees of company B who will be out of a job will be upset. It also stands to reason that the employees of companies C, and D might become upset over the possibility that company A will underbid their existing contracts when company X (the contracting company) files bankruptcy in the fall. Especially when the employees of company C are in contract negociations and the management of that company will undoubtably compare their contract to company A.

Whew, that was fun. Let's see if anyone can guess who company's A, B, C, D, and X are.

Note: I'm drinking Dos Equis (XX) in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, so give me a break.

Latest resources

Back