Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop and Green,

I have a friend that quit Skyway during neg. on that last contract. It wasn't as nice as you say it was! They threw the Mesa contract in his face each time, so I guess you had mesa to compete with on that contract. For that I am sorry!
As for Pay Rates! You can throw any of those out the window if you don't have a good work rules. Work rules are the difference between 78hrs Pay Credit or 110 hours of pay credit per month.
Examples- 1)Do you get block or better on flights, bad wx and your holding to land... opps guess what, your working for free. Some four day trips end up paying like 5 days with block or better.
2)Min. Day - You should be paid atleast 4 hrs a day for your time reguardless what you do.
3)Cx Pay- Get paid in full if you flight doesnt go, for wx or mx.
4)DH pay, I know some companies don't even pay you while dead heading

Those are examples, here at my company I avg. over 100hrs pay each month. Mesa guys might make more Hourly, but at the end of the month my check is much higher due to WORK RULES.

So when Neg. a new contract don't get blinded by pay rates, much more things to consider in the working contract.

N2264J and Surplus, I'm still waiting for you to answer those very simple and straight forward questions.

FDJ2 said:
N2264J and Surplus, I'm still waiting for you to answer those very simple and straight forward questions.

I have a feeling you'll be waiting for quite some time. :)

Hey W,

We get block or better, but it's for the entire pairing, not leg by leg like some have. Maybe we can try for that next time. We get cx and dh pay, but no min. day/rigs. I agree that work rules are where the money is at. My whole point earlier was people do get so wrapped up in hourly rates, they do lose focus on the bigger picture. Yes, we make 8-10 an hour less than everyone else, but we only fly 32 seat airplanes. Does it mean we can't shoot for 50 seat rates next time? No. But that probably won't happen, either. I just don't feel people need to compare us to MESA as far as pay is concerned. We have a good base for better work rules next time.

About the whole throwing around the MESA contract, it was just the company getting nasty near the end of talks. Call it a 'tactic'.

PCL_128 said:
Apparently you don't even understand your own lawsuit...And guess what? They won't be transferring [the flying] to you, they'll be sending it to Mesa. Johnny O.'s been wanting to get his hands on some 737s for quite some time now. Maybe your silly little lawsuit will help him out. Wouldn't you proud of that accomplishment? :rolleyes:

Oh, we understand the litigation just fine and are confident that our quest for fair and equal representation by our union will, in no way, contribute to the collapse of the aviation industry.

It's ALPA's bigoted, apartheid policy against small jet carriers like yours that has created this alter ego disaster.

Last edited:
I agree prop, hey tell Felix A. that Billy from Piedmont Said Hello!!! If he is still there!!!

Thanks

Delta Scope Clause?

What about Delta's MEC? I'm sure they are going nuts with Mesa going to fly 90-seat RJ's through Freedom.

I dont think they are gonna be so willing to let this happen, let Mesa take their 90-seat flying

N2264J said:
Oh, we understand the litigation just fine and we are confident that our quest for fair and equal representation by our union will, in no way, contribute to the collapse of the aviation industry.

It's ALPA's bigoted, apartheid policy against small jet carriers like yours that has created this alter ego disaster.

Well said, N2264J.

On a different note, it's too bad that DAL chose MESA when it could have chosen AWAC. It's kinda sad to see the big D resort to feeding off the algae.

crjfo2b said:
What about Delta's MEC? I'm sure they are going nuts with Mesa going to fly 90-seat RJ's through Freedom.

I dont think they are gonna be so willing to let this happen, let Mesa take their 90-seat flying

we're not going to be doing any 90-seat flying for delta, looks like it'll be all 50-seater flying. the only 90-seat flying we do is for HP.

PCL_128 said:
I have a feeling you'll be waiting for quite some time. :)

I have no doubt you are right. The fact that the RJDC refuses to answer a few simple and basic questions about their lawsuit is remarkable and noted.

Latest resources

Back