• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rene

May 17, 2012 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Mesa Airlines Continues Its 3rd Consecutive Year as #1 On-time Regional Airline
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mesa Air Group, Inc., the #1 On-time Regional Airline in 2010 and 2011, announces its #1 rank among US regional airlines for on-time arrivals in March 2012, as reported by US Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Statistics in the Air Travel Consumer Report,the industry recognized measure of performance. Mesa’s operational performance has ranked it as the number one On-time Regional Airline every month since April 2010, and the latest award reinforces Mesa’s continued commitment to serve our Code Share Partners and passengers with safe, reliable on-time air transportation. In addition to continuing its status as the number one on-time regional airline, Mesa was ranked first among regional carriers with the fewest mishandled bags and was ranked first among all airlines for having the fewest complaints per 100,000 passengers carried.
The airline’s accomplishment is especially impressive given the airline’s footprint of service in 34 states nationwide, including significant service at four of the nation’s five busiest airports. Mesa Airlines operates as US Airways Express and United Express under contractual agreements with US Airways and United Airlines, respectively, and independently as go!, a Low Fare airline which is about to enter its 6th year of offering low fares to visitors and residents of Hawai'i as the second largest inter-island airline based on passengers carried.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Ornstein said: “We are proud to see the hard work of our people reflected in the high operational service levels reported by the DOT over the past three years. Not only have we been the number one regional airline each year, we have been the number one regional airline each month for 24 consecutive months – a terrific accomplishment by any standard. We look forward to continuing this focus on sound performance for the benefit of our partners and passengers and we thank both for their continued support.”
Mesa Airlines currently operates 385 daily system departures to 88 cities, 34 states, Mexico, Canada, and the District of Columbia. The airline, founded by Larry and Janie Risley in New Mexico in 1982, has approximately 2,800 employees.
Contacts
Mesa Air Group, Inc.
Christopher Pappaioanou, 602-685-4052

May 17, 2012 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Mesa Airlines Continues Its 3rd Consecutive Year as #1 On-time Regional Airline
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mesa Air Group, Inc., the #1 On-time Regional Airline in 2010 and 2011, announces its #1 rank among US regional airlines for on-time arrivals in March 2012, as reported by US Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Statistics in the Air Travel Consumer Report,the industry recognized measure of performance. Mesa’s operational performance has ranked it as the number one On-time Regional Airline every month since April 2010, and the latest award reinforces Mesa’s continued commitment to serve our Code Share Partners and passengers with safe, reliable on-time air transportation. In addition to continuing its status as the number one on-time regional airline, Mesa was ranked first among regional carriers with the fewest mishandled bags and was ranked first among all airlines for having the fewest complaints per 100,000 passengers carried.
The airline’s accomplishment is especially impressive given the airline’s footprint of service in 34 states nationwide, including significant service at four of the nation’s five busiest airports. Mesa Airlines operates as US Airways Express and United Express under contractual agreements with US Airways and United Airlines, respectively, and independently as go!, a Low Fare airline which is about to enter its 6th year of offering low fares to visitors and residents of Hawai'i as the second largest inter-island airline based on passengers carried.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Ornstein said: “We are proud to see the hard work of our people reflected in the high operational service levels reported by the DOT over the past three years. Not only have we been the number one regional airline each year, we have been the number one regional airline each month for 24 consecutive months – a terrific accomplishment by any standard. We look forward to continuing this focus on sound performance for the benefit of our partners and passengers and we thank both for their continued support.”
Mesa Airlines currently operates 385 daily system departures to 88 cities, 34 states, Mexico, Canada, and the District of Columbia. The airline, founded by Larry and Janie Risley in New Mexico in 1982, has approximately 2,800 employees.
Contacts
Mesa Air Group, Inc.
Christopher Pappaioanou, 602-685-4052

385 departures..... Bahahahahaaaaa !

385 flights and the majority of them are to IAD, CLT and PHX. Airports known to gets lots of flow programs, rolling ground stops and major departure delays. Right? This is the regional equivalent of Hawaiian Airlines blowing their horns.

do they have Acars, or call their times?

Mesa has had Acars for quite some time now.

As for the argument that the good numbers are due to the relatively low number of daily Mesa flights... well my friends, this is why percentage is used in these types of measurments. Percent... per one hundred... the concept makes the total number of departures irrelevent. For Mesa, due to fewer departures, there are fewer flights to operate, but each delay/cancellation has a larger impact on the total percentage. Simple concept... the number of total departures is irrelevent, except that they appear to operate (for now) at a manageable level. To use this as an "excuse" for their good performance simply would imply that their competition is operating at an unamanageable level (just like Mesa has done in the past).

Regarding airports and/or ATC issues... if its important enough to you, one way for an apples-to-apples comparison would be to compare Skywest and Mesa numbers in the USAirways PHX system. Or perhaps Mesa numbers against PSA in Charlotte. Or maybe ORD numbers between ALL of the major UAL Express carriers in Chicago. Anyone who cares have access to that info? Otherwise this aargument is irrelevent.

Its sad when... rather than stepping up your own game, you have to try to find excuses to justify why the competition is outperforming. I think this falls under the category of denial.

Just curious.....How much do you get paid again????

Thought so.

I'm guessing less than you, but still professional enough to do our jobs and use money as a reason to not.

But not enough to have a life. So have fun professionally flying your shiny plane while working your second jobs to pay off your student loans while your wife works to be able to afford to raise your kids.

Some of us have higher expectations of the time value of money that we spent to get into this profession, and it's hard to respect people that DON'T expect to get a monetary return on their investment.

Real mature... like a little kid who can't win an argument and has to resort to "um, um, well... you're ugly! So there!" Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread. You're obviously very intelligent.

By the way... there is apparently no relationship between the quality of pilot and pay rates. So if im supposed to be impressed by your paycheck, im sorry im not. Sure who wouldn't want to make more money? But FYI money isn't everything, and some of us enjoy a very decent quality of life where we work. Tonight when I finish my trip, I get in my car and im home in less than 30 minutes to begin my weekend with my family. Being home more nights of the week than im away...etc. Nothing against commuters... just an example of where a paycheck might not rank #1 on the list of prioritirs

You don't know me or any others' financial situation, so don't worry about it... I know I'm not. If you're so caught up in your regional airline pilot paycheck, maybe YOU'RE the one who has no life.

"Thought so."

Latest resources

Back