• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa #1 Airline for Third Consecutive Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rene how about this: Mesa has one of the most senior pilot groups out there next to Comair. Don't bring pay into this. If you truly believe mesa pilots make more than most out there, you are living in a bubble and have never looked at other contracts! Even if you bring in longevity, it doesn't compute my friend....

Rene how about this: Mesa has one of the most senior pilot groups out there next to Comair. Don't bring pay into this. If you truly believe mesa pilots make more than most out there, you are living in a bubble and have never looked at other contracts! Even if you bring in longevity, it doesn't compute my friend....

I am not referring to pay scale, I am referring to actual pay. Mesa pilots are among the highest paid in the industry. This is not living in a bubble, it is a fact. Check with ALPA if you don't believe me. You are correct, that Mesa has one of the most senior pilot groups as well. This may be a problem when competing against more junior lower cost pilot groups.

You know what happens when payroll at a regional gets to high? Don't worry, you'll find out eventually. All of you will.... Unless you go work for someone who sells their own tickets. And even then your not safe. Have a backup plan.

You know what happens when payroll at a regional gets to high? Don't worry, you'll find out eventually. All of you will.... Unless you go work for someone who sells their own tickets. And even then your not safe. Have a backup plan.

Oh so scary.. Yawn. I've been hearing this story for a decade plus.

Amazing everytime a thread is started about Mesa it quickly turns into how crappy their contract and their pay is and that they suck...Grow up children, move along.

Originally Posted by DoinTime
Line guarantee, while it sounds sexy, is the absolute worst form of cancelation pay out there. Only those who don't get ANY cancelation pay are worse off. In order of most lucrative to least lucrative, here are the common forms of cancelation pay:

- Leg guarantee <===PCL and many others
- Day/duty period guarantee
- Trip guarantee
- Line guarantee <===MESA

As usual, Mesa brings up the rear of the industry.

DoinTime, don't be so quick to judge. It was only in Feb 2011 that leg guarantee was available at Pinnacle. From 1999 to Feb 2011, some cancellations weren't paid, and a LOA established cancellation pay to be 50%. In addition, anytime flight time exceeding the leg value did not pay until a pilot went over 15 minutes. Even Mesa was a step above the P.O.S. contract Pinnacle had up until Feb 2011.

If I understand line guarantee, it means if you were awarded a 78 hour credit line for the month, no matter what cancels, you are still guaranteed 78 hrs for that month? What's wrong with that?

What's with all the Mesa hate? All regionals suck. Every time I have dealt with a Mesa crew they have been good guys and done their best to get me on. Some seriously petty posts in this thread.

What's with all the Mesa hate? All regionals suck. Every time I have dealt with a Mesa crew they have been good guys and done their best to get me on. Some seriously petty posts in this thread.

I've never seen anyone bash any pilots unless those pilots tried to defend substandard working conditions at their company. Everyone at a commuter airline has a ********************ty job. Just admit it, and at least you will be respected for that much. Trying to justify the crappy conditions, or claim that it "really isn't so bad" makes people seem like they don't respect the value they contribute, or the work they put into their career to get to where they are. Unfortunately, some people did not have to work hard to get there, and they could not be as successful elsewhere in the workforce. It's hard to respect that point of view if that is the case.

I've never seen anyone bash any pilots unless those pilots tried to defend substandard working conditions at their company. Everyone at a commuter airline has a ********************ty job. Just admit it, and at least you will be respected for that much. Trying to justify the crappy conditions, or claim that it "really isn't so bad" makes people seem like they don't respect the value they contribute, or the work they put into their career to get to where they are. Unfortunately, some people did not have to work hard to get there, and they could not be as successful elsewhere in the workforce. It's hard to respect that point of view if that is the case.

Wrong..I have seen the bashing even when no one is trying to defend their "substandard working conditions"..Other regionals need to be worrying more about their own issues that are being handed down from their mainline counterparts that have no bearing on another regionals "substandard contract". With mainline wanting "their flying" returned to them, no regionals are safe nor are their "superior contracts" and jobs..

You can thank mainline for the race to the bottom everytime contracts come up for renewal and the squeeze is put upon all the regionals to operate cheaper,thus the race to the bottom for all regionals will continue.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back