• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa #1 Airline for Third Consecutive Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But not enough to have a life. So have fun professionally flying your shiny plane while working your second jobs to pay off your student loans while your wife works to be able to afford to raise your kids.

Some of us have higher expectations of the time value of money that we spent to get into this profession, and it's hard to respect people that DON'T expect to get a monetary return on their investment.

Someone call Robyn Leech, this RJ driver is obviously LOADED! I bet you also wear a shiny gold rj tie-tack, "JetJocky" license plate and introduce yourself as Captain. Time to get over yourself... YOU seem to be the one who is worried about paying off student loans ect. Perhaps you are speaking out of frustration because of poor decisions in the past? If so, im sorry for your regrets. Don't worry about us here... many of us have few regrets and are doing just fine. I have friends at several regionals... I have no doubt who is enjoying life more. A smart person doesn't let the name of their employer or paycheck alone dictate the quality of their life.

So please spare me your concern and worry... im certainly not worried. :)

Sure you don't want to add a third reply? HAHA

A. I have no student loans because I worked my way through school.
B. I don't fly an RJ but I make more than my friends that do.
C. My "poor decisions" have me almost debt free with a higher income than most people in my position.

In the long term, money IS everything. Money allows you the freedom to do what you want. 30 minutes to drive home? How about not needing to leave the house? Shortsighted people don't understand that and feel embarrassed when others point it out.

We are in contract negotiations and it's bad enough without having the other professionals in our industry take away leverage by justifying piss poor pay rates and work rules. Hard to respect people that don't think they are worth more than the commuter airlines pay.

So, you guys wanna jump on here with these 'look at us, we're so on time' threads to sway everyone on how great Mesa is......BUT, when someone asks WHAT ARE YOU GETTING out of it, i.e pay rates, benefits, etc compared to the other companies who's noses you want to rub in it, you get defensive!!!! LOL! And, since I do the same thing as you - at the same level - it is fair to ask how we are each compensated if you want to start a comparison and tout your incredible performance! (As you operate your couple daily flights from CLT and PHX) Now, I'm going to go enjoy my QOL! I haven't worked in 3 weeks due to my better contract! Happy undercutting!!!!!

Mesa Pay

Just curious.....How much do you get paid again????

Thought so.

Just for the record, we (Mesa pilots) are among the highest paid pilots in the regional industry. Average Captain seniority is over 15 years and almost all Captains exceeded $100,000 last year. First Officers are at 7.5 years. We have had a line guarantee and actual or plan pay for several years.

Oh, and I almost forgot, Mesa is the ONLY airline that I know of to go through bankruptcy and NOT reject pilot contracts. Maybe this has something to do with the "best performance"

Just saying

No... NO.. NOOO.. How did Mesa do when they where in JFK????? How did they do when they had more airframes? Delta and anyone smart was getting rid of them.

No... NO.. NOOO.. How did Mesa do when they where in JFK????? How did they do when they had more airframes? Delta and anyone smart was getting rid of them.

JFK ? That place is a joke. Delta is "strong arming" all
The regionals to arrive at the lowest bidder re: go jets.

Just for the record, we (Mesa pilots) are among the highest paid pilots in the regional industry. Average Captain seniority is over 15 years and almost all Captains exceeded $100,000 last year. First Officers are at 7.5 years. We have had a line guarantee and actual or plan pay for several years.

Oh, and I almost forgot, Mesa is the ONLY airline that I know of to go through bankruptcy and NOT reject pilot contracts. Maybe this has something to do with the "best performance"

Just saying

If it takes an average of 15 years to upgrade that's not a place I would want to be. I was surprised when I looked at your payrates. Couldn't believe how bad they are. I make $10 more an hour than I would at Mesa and your 7 year fo's top out $10 an hour under our underpaid fo's. I never realized that cancelation pay was something to brag about. We have had it my entire time here.

Latest resources

Back