MESA .08 Fri, .07 Mon, .06 Tues........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US Airways plan

Tempe is getting a true cost to do the 900 flying in house. (PSA). Then they will go to JO and say. "If you can do the flying for less then this... you can continue with the contract beyond 2012". MAG is in BK and the wages you worked so hard for are going to be raped. Regardless if you take concessions or not, how would you expect to get the costs as low as a wholly owned? I see the BK process allowing the forced pay cuts to keep the company viable beyond 2012.
Birds of a feather "the ugly girl and MAG"

I wasn't aware Mesa flew EMB190's!!! That's news to me!

Let's see now. Republic's 190 pay tops out at $119 at 20 yrs.
Usairways is $95 at 16 yrs top end
JetBlue is $143 at 12 years.

BTW. ASA's 705's top out at $104 at year 16. Not bad for 65 and 76 seat pay, considering the above are 90+ seat jets! In fact, Republics pay for the 190 is $108 at year 16......only $4/hr more than ASA for 25 more seats!

So, who is it that tops out at $150? And your arguement was that ASA sucks more than Mesa........who has no EMB's.

Who said was Mesa with E190's.

But hey ASA still sucks more than Mesa.

ASA was PFT and Mesa was never PFT

Wow! What a reach.....

And you still never said who flies EMB's for $150/hr. I'm calling you out on this one. And give me a better example of how ASA sucks more than Mesa, who are despised by every pilot group and known as spineless under-cutters.

I'll wait.......

So why isn't Mesa being acquired during the bankruptcy? It seems to me someone could come in, throw a couple of million around and have an airline with new management.

Nothing to gain. When they fail its all up for bid. Or you buy them and you get USAIR flying (yeaaaahhhh), which they seem to be thinking like DL all of a sudden, so just let MESA die.

What makes you so confident, Rene?

What makes me confident and even optimistic are these facts:
  • YTD operating income of $6.1 million inlcudes all aircraft rents at pre-petition rates and rents for aircraft until the leases are rejected. Leases were not rejected until earlier this month. Adjusting for these costs will be a huge improvement in profitability.
  • There are more than $2 million per month in legal and other restructuring costs.
  • Mesa continues to operate extremely well with fantastic completion factors, on time performance, passenger complaints, and lost bags.
  • I may be in the minority but I am not as concerned about Airways as you may be.
  • Mesa will emerge with a very strong balance sheet an very profitable income statement, a very low cost structure and veru good operating performance.
  • I believe this will position them well to compete for key business which will begin to expire over the next 2-4 years.
You may be entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.

• YTD operating income of $6.1 million inlcudes all aircraft rents at pre-petition rates and rents for aircraft until the leases are rejected. Leases were not rejected until earlier this month. Adjusting for these costs will be a huge improvement in profitability.
  • There are more than $2 million per month in legal and other restructuring costs.
  • Mesa continues to operate extremely well with fantastic completion factors, on time performance, passenger complaints, and lost bags.
  • I may be in the minority but I am not as concerned about Airways as you may be.
  • Mesa will emerge with a very strong balance sheet an very profitable income statement, a very low cost structure and veru good operating performance.
  • I believe this will position them well to compete for key business which will begin to expire over the next 2-4 years.
You may be entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.

so I am hearing that Express Jet has lost their contract with United due to such poor perforamance out of Chicago. They may have to furlough pilots and FAs by the end of this year. Rumor on the street is that CHQ and Mesa are going to pick up the flying.

hhhmmm

Discuss

The future of Mesa rests on US Airways. Mesa is going to have to work very hard to get financing for the future. And that is going to come at a cost. I just don't see Mesa having much money to play with after US Airways gets through with them and paying high interest rates. Now after the fuloughes there are only senior pilots left, then there are the training costs, moving expenses yada yada yada....

[*]Mesa will emerge with a very strong balance sheet an very profitable income statement, a very low cost structure and veru good operating performance.

You say I'm entitlted to my own facts, however your next to last bullet point has yet to be proven true.

Honestly, US is all Mesa has left and they will have an easier time escaping BK with a contract extenison in place. Otherwise the creditors will have to look at descison based on Mesa's main operating income in question beyond June 30, 2012. That will be around a year and half out by the time the creditors finish reviewing reorginazation plans and making a descion on MAGs viability.

In the near term who else is left for Mesa to hook up with? Mesa and Delta will not happen as long as Northwest mgmt runs DL; UA has all but limited there exposure to Mesa with the 700 settelment; CO won't be looking for new partners until after the merger is complete. That really only leaves AA but I don't think anything will occur there soon, even though there is talk of an Eagle divestature.

Beyond the majors it is highly unlikely any established LCC will be shopping for large scale regional feed, so even if something did tranpire for Mesa it is highly unlikely it will envlove a large amount of aircraft.

Mesa could try Go! on the mainland hubbing and spoking from major non-hub cities, but the most recent example of this type of operation did not wether well (Skybus).

My point is the US deal will be a pivotal part of any reogranization attempt as it is Mesa's primary source of income and without a sealed deal to extend, in my mind, leaves the creditors having to figure if it is worthwhile to continue MAG or not.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back