• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA .08 Fri, .07 Mon, .06 Tues........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our RJs EMB190 pay 150 dollars, your 900's or 705's pay what?

I wasn't aware Mesa flew EMB190's!!! That's news to me!

Let's see now. Republic's 190 pay tops out at $119 at 20 yrs.
Usairways is $95 at 16 yrs top end
JetBlue is $143 at 12 years.

BTW. ASA's 705's top out at $104 at year 16. Not bad for 65 and 76 seat pay, considering the above are 90+ seat jets! In fact, Republics pay for the 190 is $108 at year 16......only $4/hr more than ASA for 25 more seats!

So, who is it that tops out at $150? And your arguement was that ASA sucks more than Mesa........who has no EMB's.

Well down 27% to .057 this morning.
Time to calling about those resumes you sent out 6 months ago.
Please understand that there is absolutely no connection between Mesa as a viable going concern and Mesa's stock price.

Mesa's stock is worthless. It has been worthless since the day they filed. By definition, the current equity gets wiped out in bankrupcy. The creditors will get all the new equity.

Mesa has plenty of cash, two profitable customers and will emerge from bankrupcy later this year leaner, stronger, and ready to compete for a bigger piece of this brutally competitive pie.

Mesa's most current Monthly Operating Report was released today. For the month ending May 2010, mesa incurred an operating income loss and this trend has been increasing over the last three MOR filings. 60 mil in unrestricted cash on hand, which averages near the high end of Mesa's cash on hand scale.

Rene, I wouldn't say that both partners are financially safe. It is not a well kept secret that Airways continues to flirt with a precarious financial situation and how UA keeps money is beyond me with the way they operate. The real meat of bankruptcy looms ahead this fall as the creditors will ultimately decide MAGs fate with a reorganization plan, buyout offer or liquidation move. Until that is decided I wouldn't venture to predcit status MAG may achieve.

Last edited:
Mesa's most current Monthly Operating Report was released today. For the month ending May 2010, mesa incurred an operating income loss and this trend has been increasing over the last three MOR filings. 60 mil in unrestricted cash on hand, which averages near the high end of Mesa's cash on hand scale.

Rene, I wouldn't say that both partners are financially safe. It is not a well kept secret that Airways continues to flirt with a precarious financial situation and how UA keeps money is beyond me with the way they operate. The real meat of bankruptcy looms ahead this fall as the creditors will ultimately decide MAGs fate with a reorganization plan, buyout offer or liquidation move. Until that is decided I wouldn't venture to predcit status MAG may achieve.

My point is and was simply that there is no value at all to the equity. The creditors will get all the new equity in the POR (Plan of reorganization).

Those on this thread who insist on trying to connect the two are either ignorant or misinformed. Mesa will not merge with anyone else nor will they liquidate (at least not anytime soon). There is simply more value to the going concern than to a liquidation

The Delta contract is now resolved a fact which will actually speed up the exit from bankruptcy. They will have contracts for 20 - 700's with United, 38 - (900's with Airways) and 20 other aircraft flying for airways and in Hawaii under the Go brand. On an operating basis (ie without BK charges and with pre petition aircraft rents Mesa has actually been profitable.

So, although Airways may not be the strongest network carrier, no one seems to be predicting thier demise.

What makes you soooo confident since you asked the question. Give factual info that has been made public and no made up BS.
I cited the release of the most current MOR which is available to anyone. Now rightfully the comments regarding US and UA might require a little more understanding, but if you keep your ears open you'll hear there, (US) financial picture isn't all good news. As for UA I simply presented a question of how.As for confidence you should ask why I don't share Rene's level on this issue.

There is simply more value to the going concern than to a liquidation

So why isn't Mesa being acquired during the bankruptcy? It seems to me someone could come in, throw a couple of million around and have an airline with new management.

So why isn't Mesa being acquired during the bankruptcy? It seems to me someone could come in, throw a couple of million around and have an airline with new management.

Good question. Must be connected to the lack of a new long-term deal with US. Or perhaps the ticking clock of heavy inspections due on all of those 900's (Mesa has historically returned aircraft rather than pay for heavy mx)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back