• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MES/CJC/PCL TA Summary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So does your review of a CBA or TA begin and end at the Compensation section?

Yes, because that is what pays the bills. That's also the only section that is black and white, can't be interpreted a million different ways.

Why VOTE yes at the first thing management is giving you, vote no and build on it.

That is NOT the way to look at negotiations. That exact mentality was used by many at 9E back in 2009 (TA1) and resulted in a good deal of remorse when a new shiny deal didn't arrive "southwest style" 90 days later. TA1 was bad (I voted NO and was a vocal NO) but it was due to the language. Heck, our guys didn't even put pay rates in the top 10 of problems on the survey. It was issues such as the signing bonus, vacation, 401K, and #1 was scheduling. Those have been fixed in this JCBA. Is it a dream contract? NO, but your dream contract is different than mine and is different than all the 3,000 pilots who are voting on it. This is a good deal with areas that each person will have different views on what is "good" or "bad". Ask those at FDX or DL with what we would all consider "good" deals and pilots will still complain about various sections and provisions. Point is, don't think it will be better to say "NO". 9E guys took over a 100% INCREASE in healthcare from what TA1 had. It's not always better on the other side. That being said the overall deal has MORE money, BETTER QOL, and STRONGER Scope, and STILL retained good benefits. That's the fundamentals of a good contract. Now the bar in the industry has been raised. It may not be truly INDUSTRY LEADING but it raises the averages of "the industry" considerably for other carriers to build on. 5 years from now I HOPE the industry is far and above this deal and we can then be in a great position to raise the bar more. That's not how just ALPA works, it's how unionized labor operates.

I was really hoping that you guys would get ExpressJet parity in Retirement, Sick Leave, and Per Diem. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you guys or your TA, there are some great things that you guys have gotten in this TA that I'd like. I'd just urge you guys to think about where you've ended up, and will you be able to live with it 7 years from now.

Here are I couple things I'd love for you guys to have that we have Post Concession:

SECTION 25
RETIREMENT
A. 401(k) Savings Plan
1. A pilot may participate in the Company’s 401(k) Plan subject to the terms and
conditions of the Plan and IRS limitations.
2. The Company will match the pilot’s contributions quarterly as follows:
Completed years of active service Company match
<5 100% up to 4%
5<10 100% up to 5%
10+ 100% up to 6%
3. A pilot will be vested in the Company’s contributions to the plan based on his
length of active service with the Company as follows:
Completed years of active service Vesting
2 20%
3 40%
4 60%
5 100%
B. Defined Contribution Plan
1. A pilot will be enrolled in the Company’s Defined Contribution Plan subject to the
terms and conditions of the Plan.
2. The Company will make quarterly contributions to each pilot’s account in the
Defined Contribution Plan based on the pilot’s length of active service with the
Company and eligible earnings as follows:
Completed years of active service Company contribution
<5 2.5%
5<10 4%
10<15 5%
15<20 5.5%
20+ 6.0 %

SECTION 7
SICK LEAVE
A. Accrual
1. Except as provided in paragraph 2. and 3., below, a pilot will accrue sick leave at
the rate of 5 hours per month to a maximum of 640 hours. Accrual of sick leave
will continue while on paid sick leave, vacation, OI and, to the extent provided in
Section 12, during leaves of absence. A pilot’s accrued sick leave will be made
available on his pay register.
2. After accruing the maximum of 640 hours, a pilot may accrue an additional 110
hours at the rate of 5 hours per month. This additional accrual may be used for an
illness or injury that will require an absence longer than 30 consecutive days, (i.e.,
a major or long-term illness or injury). These hours will be available only after
exhausting the 640 hours.
3. A pilot who uses more than 255 hours of sick leave as a result of a single injury or
illness (including pregnancy), will re-accrue sick leave at the rate of 7 hours per
month when the pilot returns from sick leave. The re-accrual at this rate will
continue until the pilot reaches the level of accrued sick leave he had at the onset
of the injury or illness. Thereafter, sick leave will accrue as specified in paragraph
1., above.

Section 4 - Expenses
December 1, 2009 $1.80

Listen, I'm not thumping my chest with what we have at XJT, but I'd like to see the rest of my fellow pilots spring board off of what we currently have. Anyway guys, congrats on your new TA, good luck with your decision.

I was really hoping that you guys would get ExpressJet parity in Retirement, Sick Leave, and Per Diem. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you guys or your TA, there are some great things that you guys have gotten in this TA that I'd like. I'd just urge you guys to think about where you've ended up, and will you be able to live with it 7 years from now.

Here are I couple things I'd love for you guys to have that we have Post Concession:

SECTION 25
RETIREMENT
A. 401(k) Savings Plan
1. A pilot may participate in the Company’s 401(k) Plan subject to the terms and
conditions of the Plan and IRS limitations.
2. The Company will match the pilot’s contributions quarterly as follows:
Completed years of active service Company match
<5 100% up to 4%
5<10 100% up to 5%
10+ 100% up to 6%
3. A pilot will be vested in the Company’s contributions to the plan based on his
length of active service with the Company as follows:
Completed years of active service Vesting
2 20%
3 40%
4 60%
5 100%
B. Defined Contribution Plan
1. A pilot will be enrolled in the Company’s Defined Contribution Plan subject to the
terms and conditions of the Plan.
2. The Company will make quarterly contributions to each pilot’s account in the
Defined Contribution Plan based on the pilot’s length of active service with the
Company and eligible earnings as follows:
Completed years of active service Company contribution
<5 2.5%
5<10 4%
10<15 5%
15<20 5.5%
20+ 6.0 %

SECTION 7
SICK LEAVE
A. Accrual
1. Except as provided in paragraph 2. and 3., below, a pilot will accrue sick leave at
the rate of 5 hours per month to a maximum of 640 hours. Accrual of sick leave
will continue while on paid sick leave, vacation, OI and, to the extent provided in
Section 12, during leaves of absence. A pilot’s accrued sick leave will be made
available on his pay register.
2. After accruing the maximum of 640 hours, a pilot may accrue an additional 110
hours at the rate of 5 hours per month. This additional accrual may be used for an
illness or injury that will require an absence longer than 30 consecutive days, (i.e.,
a major or long-term illness or injury). These hours will be available only after
exhausting the 640 hours.
3. A pilot who uses more than 255 hours of sick leave as a result of a single injury or
illness (including pregnancy), will re-accrue sick leave at the rate of 7 hours per
month when the pilot returns from sick leave. The re-accrual at this rate will
continue until the pilot reaches the level of accrued sick leave he had at the onset
of the injury or illness. Thereafter, sick leave will accrue as specified in paragraph
1., above.

Section 4 - Expenses
December 1, 2009 $1.80

Listen, I'm not thumping my chest with what we have at XJT, but I'd like to see the rest of my fellow pilots spring board off of what we currently have. Anyway guys, congrats on your new TA, good luck with your decision.

If we actually ever got a define contribution plan, it would apply only to our senior pilots, just as our 401K contribution applies to only our senior pilots.

Worst part of JCBA is the 401k match for the bottom half of the seniority list.

If we actually ever got a define contribution plan, it would apply only to our senior pilots, just as our 401K contribution applies to only our senior pilots.

Worst part of JCBA is the 401k match for the bottom half of the seniority list.
What happened to Unity and Brotherhood?

You didn't take concessions on any of the mentioned items.

That's correct, we lost pay rates only, but that's the point. I think you guys can get this stuff, you're the largest "Regional" in the US, XJT was losing money and still kept this stuff.

captjim said:
XJT was losing money and still kept this stuff.

Wernt you still losing money after the give backs?

Latest resources

Back