Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well said, sir.

HazMat said:
Conversation is an exercise of the mind; gossip is merely an exercise of the tongue.

I don’t think it has to be said here; “don’t believe everything you read”

I spoke to the owner about these very posts. The story I got is very different than the one that was posted. I find it incredible that the majority of you are commenting on these posts as if they were accurate. They are not.

It seems someone has taken some half truths and spun a great Christmas time story of Scrooge and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Perhaps it too will become a classic.

Perhaps the person writing this fable has a hidden agenda. Or perhaps he does it because he is unable write one that inspires others to achieve.

Now I know that my post will not get the same attention that the other posts get because it will not incite the emotion that the other posts do. Those posts tear down, divide, and separate people. Those posts predict doom and gloom and perpetuate the sky is falling mentality. And that’s what makes the headlines.

Cornfed sounds as if he works for the NY Times or perhaps MSNBC on the side.

Imagine that: information posted on this fine board could be erroneous? Oh my word, how uncivilized! Even the remote possibility this could be true is completely repugnant and beyond belief, oh my! How ghastly a thought.

Hold on...hey honey, pass me the jug of whiskey will yaaa?????

Sorry about that...ah...AHEEMMM....where was I?

Oh yes, so you do believe cornfed may have gotten his story a little askew? Really, you think the email was not entitled "Merry X-mas." Well, I do find that a refreshing thought, what with the war on Christmas and all.

So you dont think they drove the cars into their reserved parking spots at the Essex County Airport, aka CDW? Yes, that must be absolutely true, because had they done so, the locals would have swooped in to place the cars up on blocks and strip them bare in no time flat. You know, those New Jersey neighborhoods are so uncivilized.

Anyway, I digress. I believe....BUURRRRRRP....excuse me. I believe you may be correct, sir.

Well done!

Aside from the question of the cars---

What we can rely on is Cornfed's assessment of how pilots are treated and compensated at Avantair. That many fractional pilots are not paid according to their skills and the contribution they make to the companies they fly for is undisputed. When pilots become tired of the situation and look at ways to improve their standing, why not offer them encouragement? What difference does it make how bad the situation is, if it is bad enough to warrant correction? The underpaid/overworked pilots and their families know when enough is enough. Anything else just adds fuel to the fire.

Precicesly worded

netjetwife said:
What we can rely on is Cornfed's assessment of how pilots are treated and compensated at Avantair. That many fractional pilots are not paid according to their skills and the contribution they make to the companies they fly for is undisputed. When pilots become tired of the situation and look at ways to improve their standing, why not offer them encouragement? What difference does it make how bad the situation is, if it is bad enough to warrant correction? The underpaid/overworked pilots and their families know when enough is enough. Anything else just adds fuel to the fire.

And when this happens and its got you down, its time for..... No, not strong unions, but:

The good ol' boy system. It works great, man. I been usin it for years on my ranch. Heres what you do.

You get in real close with upper management. Be their friend, you know nobody else really wants to. Then volunteer for stuff. Start out little, like washin their car for em, or buy em lunch. Heck, take that buffalo sandwich outta the fridge and give it to him...yer wife wont find out. Then, after work, take em out for a beer and tell him some dirty jokes. Take em out to the noody bar on the weekends, get em likered up. Then, after a couple of months of slavin on extra projects for no extra pay, start pluggin im for details and information. You will become his buddy in no time.

Thats how ya do it.

The buddy system. Dont leave home without 'er.

netjetwife said:

Can we rely on that? Could Cornfed's assessment be a subjective?

Why is it the companies, the owners, the systems, fault that he isn't paid more and treated better? As if these entities were holding this man down, making him a slave, keeping him from realizing his own dreams. Are we not free? Free to choose where we work? Free to choose how much effort we put into our work?

You paint a picture that is full of clichés; one of battles between the haves and the have nots; of feudal systems, class warfare and slavery.

Is it easier to blame than to take responsibility. Is it easier to complain than it is to become a part of the solution.

I do not choose that for myself, will you?

American way is...

gunfyter said:
We are also free to form UNIONS. Its the American way.

Hey listen gunfyter. The Good Ol Boy network is THE American way. Its alot older than Unions, and its the best way to go.

Freedom is the American way. Unions the beginning of the "dumming down" of the American way.

Sure, Cornfed's report is subjective, but he is in a better position than an outsider to say what the work environment is at Avantair. Taking responsibility also means standing up for your rights to fair compensation and availing yourself of all avenues of making your demands known. And as far as effort goes, I think that it takes more effort to make improvements than it does to throw in the towel with a defeatist attitude. Organizing the pilots into a cohesive, unified group that makes the most of their leverage IS being part of a solution. Forcing a company to settle a labor dispute fairly so that everyone can focus on being productive and profitable IS a choice that I would make and one that I fully support.

Texasskicker said:
Hey listen gunfyter. The Good Ol Boy network is THE American way. Its alot older than Unions, and its the best way to go.

Freedom is the American way. Unions the beginning of the "dumming down" of the American way.
Yes mastah, chattel slavery and sweat shops are older than Unions too....

How did getting rid of the union ramp guys work for Alaska... appears one of the Replacement workers dented an airplane with Ground Support Equipment.

SEATTLE (Dec. 29) - About 20 minutes after takeoff, passengers on Alaska Airlines Flight 536 to Burbank, Calif., felt their ears popping, then a loud noise shook the plane and oxygen masks dropped out of the ceiling as the plane descended suddenly.

"This was absolutely terrifying for a few minutes," said passenger Jeremy Hermanns, a pilot who was returning home from a holiday visit with his parents when the incident happened Monday. He took photos on the plane, including one of himself in an oxygen mask.

A foot-long hole in the fuselage of the MD-80 jet en route from Seattle had caused the plane to lose cabin pressure at an altitude of about 26,000 feet, authorities said. None of the 140 passengers or five crew members was hurt, Alaska Airlines spokeswoman Caroline Boren said.

The plane was quickly stabilized, but passengers spent 25 minutes tearful and anxious until a safe emergency landing at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

The National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration were investigating, along with the airline and the Port of Seattle, which operates the airport.

"This was absolutely terrifying for a few minutes."
-Jeremy Hermanns, a pilot who was a passenger on the flight

A ramp worker acknowledged he failed to immediately report striking the plane at the gate Monday with a baggage cart or baggage-belt machine, NTSB spokesman Jim Struhsaker said. The worker told the agency that although the vehicle touched the plane, he was not aware he had dented it, Struhsaker said. (rrriiiiiight)

The bump created a crease in the plane's aluminum skin, which opened up into a 12- by 6-inch gash as the plane came under increased pressure, Struhsaker said.

The worker was employed by Menzies Aviation, a British company that Alaska contracts to provide baggage handling and other ramp services at Sea-Tac, Boren said.A Menzies Aviation spokesman, John Geddes, said Wednesday he had no immediate comment.

Just the good ole boys....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back