Merry Xmas from Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Texasskicker said:
Hyper is this for real? Can Avantair passengers narc on crewmembers ifin their etiquitte is not up to Palm Beach standards? Holey crap what in tarnation is this industry comin to?

Hey man, I didn't create that website....you see it with ur own eyes.

Now haz-mat....you joined in sept. (lurking since I assume) yet your ONLY 2 posts are to come to the defense of the avantair management. All whilst denying the accuracy of cornfed's claims yet not offering any details of the "different" story that you claim to have received from the owner. Could you be reflective of management's damage control? Just a guess but it sounds a little, well, like avantair.

So I leave this story unattended for a day and look what happens. I get accused of being a doom and gloom, end of the world pilot.
Lets get out the facts.

FACT:I did not write the email in question. I was looking for input from other people from Avantair

FACT: I am trying to make the best out of working for Avantair. I like the people I work with but question the fact of why the pilots continue to be treated like 3 year olds and upper managment making up rules as they see fit.

FACT: When we are told the company needs to save money and cut costs but has extra cash to buy lavish gifts is not blaming anyone but stating a fact

FACT: I don't work for MSNBC or whoever else you claimed I work for

FACT: You dont work for Avantair Texasskicker

Maybe the pilots can prove a point by picking a day where we decide to have a sick out. Seems like winter time is a time when a lot of people get sick.

You know what here is a date when we should all be sick 3/15/2006

Hey hyper, It is still a small company, we have probably flown together. I have seen a lot of changes since I got there. What about you?

The BS on here affects us all. Some one had to say something. Isn’t it funny how when you stand up for what you believe is right, there is always some one nearby to take a swing at you?

You have the same contacts I have, make a call or send an email. This is not the place for crap like that. It’s just unprofessional.

HazMat said:
Hey hyper, It is still a small company, we have probably flown together. I have seen a lot of changes since I got there. What about you?

The BS on here affects us all. Some one had to say something. Isn’t it funny how when you stand up for what you believe is right, there is always some one nearby to take a swing at you?

You have the same contacts I have, make a call or send an email. This is not the place for crap like that. It’s just unprofessional.

Wasn't taking a swing at you and sorry if you felt that way. Just questioning your input when you offered nothing to the contrary.

I've noticed many changes. About the only positive one is no more 10, 12, 15 day tours......for no extra pay. Of course, that took people refusing to go out, or leaving the a/c after day 15 and going home to get.

You're right, it's all unprofessional, and it starts at the top.

ilikecheese, Ya know, you have one of the best avantair sum-ups ever on a post last month....

"It's actually kinda of funny and kinda sad at the same time. They are so bad at keeping secrets but they try so hard."

That about sums it up......

So what ARE the facts?

HazMat said:
Cornfed, the facts are you don't have your facts straight.

That being the case (in your opinion) why didn't you bother to set the facts straight, then? Very disingenuous of you, HazMat, but hardly original. Those of us who have posted here awhile are used to seeing posts with more accusations than evidence. Cornfed's post was informative and his FACTS reminded me of the legitimate complaints NJ pilots shared here last year. Your post, by comparison, was merely insulting and added nothing to the debate. The rest of us are trying to see the situation clearly. Please stop "muddying the water". NJW

netjetwife said:
That being the case (in your opinion) why didn't you bother to set the facts straight, then? Very disingenuous of you, HazMat, but hardly original. Those of us who have posted here awhile are used to seeing posts with more accusations than evidence. Cornfed's post was informative and his FACTS reminded me of the legitimate complaints NJ pilots shared here last year. Your post, by comparison, was merely insulting and added nothing to the debate. The rest of us are trying to see the situation clearly. Please stop "muddying the water". NJW

I have heard the story. The story I heard is not the one being told. I choose to believe the story that was told to me by the man who told it to me. I didn’t take notes and my memory is not good enough that would want to document what I had heard. I would probably butcher it just as bad as the other guy. And what would be the point of that? More gossip. Like a bunch of little girls. (No offense to the little girls of this world).

The management here is accessible. The president is accessible. If I can get the story; then anyone at the company who really cares to, can get the story.

I find it disheartening that on this board there are people willing to believe anything written that is negative in nature with no proof at all. But to suggest that there is an error requires of the person reporting the error proof positive. Suddenly, I am the bad guy for saying there is an error. I become untrustworthy because I report, that, from my perspective, this is a great place to work. I will be the one labeled. I will be the one who will have derogatory remarks made of him. Interest, very interesting…

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back