Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cornfed said:
Did anyone get this email?

Wow no Christmas bonus for us but apparently there is cash just laying around!

Thanks for nothing!!!!!!

We'd like to drop a quick note to congratulate Steve Santos and Kevin
Mckamey on the holiday gifts they received. For those of you who may not
know, these two gentlemen each received a Maserati sports car as a token of
appreciation from our new investor for the hard work they put into Avantair.
The fact that "cutting costs" is one of our newest company slogans is noted.
Maybe the reason the company cant afford to pay bonuses every year or
squeeze out a Christmas bonus is because hundreds of thousands of dollars (
or would that be euros?) is spent on a few key people. (KEY being a fairly
loose term here.) Anyway, before this gets too long winded, pass the word
along, ladies and gentlemen, that congrats are in order. Next time we get an
"atta boy" email for being away from our families over the holidays, there's
always the hope of shiny new wheels parked in our driveway when we arrive
home. Santa might come thro one of these times. Happy New Year!

Word around the campfire is that the bill was sent to accounting, which means that while they may not "own" the cars, they are probably company cars. In other words, their insurance, gas, mx, tire wear, etc. is all written off and paid for by the company. The gift that keeps on giving.

There's only one purpose for a union and that's a last ditch solution to poor management. You leave, stick around and tolerate it or unionize. If you don't plan on leaving you may want to consider those union green cards. You're the lowest paid frac pilots in the industry w/ one of the poorest schedules, what do you have to lose?

Avantair is no different than any other aviation company: The upper echelon is in it for themselves and could care less about the employees.

I hope a bird sh!ts on those Maserati's every time they take them out of their garages!

Dilligaff

cornfed said:
Did anyone get this email?

Wow no Christmas bonus for us but apparently there is cash just laying around!

Thanks for nothing!!!!!!

We'd like to drop a quick note to congratulate Steve Santos and Kevin
Mckamey on the holiday gifts they received. For those of you who may not
know, these two gentlemen each received a Maserati sports car as a token of
appreciation from our new investor for the hard work they put into Avantair.
The fact that "cutting costs" is one of our newest company slogans is noted.
Maybe the reason the company cant afford to pay bonuses every year or
squeeze out a Christmas bonus is because hundreds of thousands of dollars (
or would that be euros?) is spent on a few key people. (KEY being a fairly
loose term here.) Anyway, before this gets too long winded, pass the word
along, ladies and gentlemen, that congrats are in order. Next time we get an
"atta boy" email for being away from our families over the holidays, there's
always the hope of shiny new wheels parked in our driveway when we arrive
home. Santa might come thro one of these times. Happy New Year!
Dude
You are complaining about how you are treated at a job that is nothing more than a stepping stone. You should be asking what is needed to make my resume good enough for NJA or CS, or some other worth while job. It really sounds like you have too much time on your hands.

hammer2 said:
Dude
You are complaining about how you are treated at a job that is nothing more than a stepping stone. You should be asking what is needed to make my resume good enough for NJA or CS, or some other worth while job. It really sounds like you have too much time on your hands.

I have more than enough time to go to one of the other fractionals. I am here because of where I live! No other fractional will let me live where I do!

I am upset because forever they have promised us the world and continue to go back on their promises. From one day to the next you don't even know what company policy is and its getting old. But apparently they have time to worry about buying expensive cars but not spending time where it matters.

I know the pay sucks but I am here to live how I want and where I want. I have said it before that this company could be great but the just continue to crap all over us as pilots. There is going to be some point where we as pilots strike back. We had a union scare before and a lot of other pilots have been saying it is time we have one again!

Alfred Reppetti and Steve Santo you need to make us happy pilots, and we will make you enough money to buy more than a Maserati! But you need to take care of us first!

Hammer2, I do believe that you're missing the point. Cornfed provides a professional service and should be paid accordingly. To witness lavish spending by the company while the pilots are underpaid is an insult that shouldn't be tolerated. I wholeheartedly support their right to unionize. Given the management's blatant disregard for their pilots, I fail to see any other solution to the problem.

Thank god I did'nt go to work for that crappy company! You really have to do your homework, including talking to as many people as possible.......living where you want too can be a huge sacrifice...just my 2 cents worth!

Conversation is an exercise of the mind; gossip is merely an exercise of the tongue.

I don’t think it has to be said here; “don’t believe everything you read”

I spoke to the owner about these very posts. The story I got is very different than the one that was posted. I find it incredible that the majority of you are commenting on these posts as if they were accurate. They are not.

It seems someone has taken some half truths and spun a great Christmas time story of Scrooge and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Perhaps it too will become a classic.

Perhaps the person writing this fable has a hidden agenda. Or perhaps he does it because he is unable write one that inspires others to achieve.

Now I know that my post will not get the same attention that the other posts get because it will not incite the emotion that the other posts do. Those posts tear down, divide, and separate people. Those posts predict doom and gloom and perpetuate the sky is falling mentality. And that’s what makes the headlines.

Another thing I fail to see---why should families have to be uprooted just because aviation companies choose to buy "cream" for the fat cats instead of providing "bread" to hard working pilots? Rest assured, if they can buy cars for well compensated employees, they can afford to pay the pilots fairly.

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE TREATED/PAID ACCORDINGLY

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back