Merry Xmas from Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HazMat said:
I have heard the story. The story I heard is not the one being told. I choose to believe the story that was told to me by the man who told it to me. I didn’t take notes and my memory is not good enough that would want to document what I had heard. I would probably butcher it just as bad as the other guy. And what would be the point of that? More gossip. Like a bunch of little girls. (No offense to the little girls of this world).

The management here is accessible. The president is accessible. If I can get the story; then anyone at the company who really cares to, can get the story.

I find it disheartening that on this board there are people willing to believe anything written that is negative in nature with no proof at all. But to suggest that there is an error requires of the person reporting the error proof positive. Suddenly, I am the bad guy for saying there is an error. I become untrustworthy because I report, that, from my perspective, this is a great place to work. I will be the one labeled. I will be the one who will have derogatory remarks made of him. Interest, very interesting…

Do you mean to tell me that you cant remember if they got two cars or not?

Maybe you shouldnt be a pilot if you have no memory.

This was a very long post with absolutely no information in it! It almost sounds very similar to the recent "Go Team Go" email that was recently sent out. That email said there was misinformation but apparently the higher ups have to get there story straight before they tell us what really happened.

Bottom line is this if you can remember. Did the people in question get two shiny new cars?

Personally, I don't know if they got cars or not. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, since they all think they do such a good job. I will say again what I said on another thread: There is a lot of potential here, but with the current people in charge, it will never amount to much.

The current D.O. is one of the problems.
Says that safety is priority and then contradicts it by trying to get crews to do things that go against what is in the GOM.

All it takes is one crew to cave to the pressure, put one in the dirt, and it is all over.

WP

widespread, I noticed you just started around august.......doesn't take long to figure it out does it?

widespreadpanic said:
All it takes is one crew to cave to the pressure, put one in the dirt, and it is all over.

widespread I couldn't agree more!

It starts with the sales department giving the owners the wrong information about the plane and just snowballs from there. I am so sick of hearing owners get pissed when you tell them they cant bring 4 people with luggage and go 1500 miles. But thats why we cant do fuel stops now without a trip review from the higher ups.

It would also be nice if our dispatch department could figure anything out from one minute to the next, or even had any idea about aviation. I feel like they are hiring people who were flipping burgers a week before they start with us. There are some good ones but they are becoming very few and far between.

fuel stops

cornfed said:

It starts with the sales department giving the owners the wrong information about the plane and just snowballs from there. I am so sick of hearing owners get pissed when you tell them they cant bring 4 people with luggage and go 1500 miles. But thats why we cant do fuel stops now without a trip review from the higher ups.

It would also be nice if our dispatch department could figure anything out from one minute to the next, or even had any idea about aviation. I feel like they are hiring people who were flipping burgers a week before they start with us. There are some good ones but they are becoming very few and far between.

cornfed,

As far as fuel stops having to come from the higher ups- dont forget that little FAR that deals with a little issue called " pilot in command." They can't tell you that you may not stop for fuel. Granted, if people are stopping for fuel because they want a cigarette or potty break, that's one thing. But the problem is as we all know it- they want you to roll into a destination on fumes to prove to the world that this weedeater can do what a jet does. Sorry, its a great airplane, but oversold by this company beyond reason.

cornfed said:

You pay burger flipping wages and you get burger flipping talent.

I can't speak for the current dispatch department as I am no longer involved with them. But if it comes across as if they have no idea what they are doing (and there are a few still there who definately fall in this category) it's because management tells 'em something different every other day.

There were many days when one of these :uzi: would come in handy.

angryoneincher said:
Sorry, its a great airplane, but oversold by this company beyond reason.

That is so true. My favorite is reading the brochure and the website for Avantair.

The Avantair website advertises a maximum range of 1750 NM with 6 passengers and a VFR reserve. First of all since when do we fly VFR, and secondly this just cant be done.

According to Piaggio America their brochures state that the Maximum Range with an IFR reserve is 1509 NM. but we apparently dont clue the owners in to that stat. Or the fact that you need way more reserve fuel than the minimum if you are going in to the lovely Northeast where they put you down low hundreds of miles from your destination airport, since we are a turboprop.

Latest resources

Back