Merry Xmas from Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HazMat said:
I have heard the story. The story I heard is not the one being told. I choose to believe the story that was told to me by the man who told it to me. I didn’t take notes and my memory is not good enough that would want to document what I had heard. I would probably butcher it just as bad as the other guy. And what would be the point of that? More gossip. Like a bunch of little girls. (No offense to the little girls of this world).

The management here is accessible. The president is accessible. If I can get the story; then anyone at the company who really cares to, can get the story.

I find it disheartening that on this board there are people willing to believe anything written that is negative in nature with no proof at all. But to suggest that there is an error requires of the person reporting the error proof positive. Suddenly, I am the bad guy for saying there is an error. I become untrustworthy because I report, that, from my perspective, this is a great place to work. I will be the one labeled. I will be the one who will have derogatory remarks made of him. Interest, very interesting…

From muddying the water to tap dancing! Yes, that is interesting! In response to the accusation that Cornfed's post was untrue, I asked HazMat to back up his claim. And we got a longer version of mud slinging. Story. . note taking. . memory? What are you talking about? It was a yes or no question!

Experts in detecting deception report that the guilty are quick to attack those who question them, and then play the victim card. What labels? What derogatory remarks? My complaint was based on your behavior-- your rush to accuse others of false posts while you withhold information you claim to have. If you can't answer the car question -yes or no- then your source must have been even more evasive than you were, HazMat.

For the record, I have no problem with you being happy with the conditions at Avantair. I have talked to NJ pilots that voted for the Failed MEC and their pathetic TA. There are always exceptions to the rule. I choose to side with the majority and support their cause. They say, where there's smoke there's fire. When it comes to the problems (in the fractional industry) which affect pilots and their families, the smoke is thick and the fire burns hot. With no rain (relief) in sight, it's time to grab a water hose (card) and save your property (jobs). I say "save" because if things get much worse, they won't be worth keeping. Considering the investment of time and effort that pilots put into the companies they fly for, it is unfair to expect them to leave without first trying to make it a job worth hanging on to.

May the New Year bring changes for the better for the pilots of other frac companies. I am pleased to say that for the NJ pilots and their families this year is seeing the delivery of the goals we started with this time last year. Please take hope from their experience. It is possible! NJW

MAY THE RISING TIDE LIFT ALL BOATS

What a great day today is!

I went to my mailbox and what did I get but a big envelope with a nice letter and a Union Card to mail in to the Teamsters! It looks like Christmas came a few days late for me this year.

I couldnt put that card in the mail fast enough.

Look out Avantair! We are serious!

GO TEAMSTERS! GO UNION!

Join now or pay later

Never one for a pro union stance, I have to say that here at avantair, we'll need one to protect not only our interests, but our jobs. Seems a well liked fellow pilot got canned recently for a "customer complaint". No details or proof was submitted. No written warning, no verbal, just "see ya". We have had guys flat out not show up for work and not get canned. IMO, instead of fixing their problems and looking at themselves for improvement, they're trying to spin damage control for the recent "expendature" there. It's very apparent that's what this is, the timing is too right and out of nowhere. How many more of us will get fired because management has a communist mindset?

sure hope i get one of those cards in the mail. If I don't how do you get one?

P180puke that's awful about your fellow pilot! I'm sorry to hear it but not surprised. In the midst of the NJ labor dispute, management tried the same type of BS! As you correctly pointed out, the union stands between the pilots and management. That same scenario had a much happier ending due to SU's intervention. I'd like to say again, it's not just the paycheck! Your union dues guarantee you badly needed representation and contract compliance. How can pilots afford not to join?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back