• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays Announcement to Pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, 4 pages to a thread over something that just really shouldn't matter all that much.

Here's what I do regarding this delicate subject this time of year; absolutely nothing. Now I'll admit that I'm atheist or agnostic or whatever you might call a guy that doesn't give a sh!t about any religion... so I treat Christmas as just another day. No need for any special greetings at all, no need to worry about offending anyone. If anyone wishes me a Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah or Happy Kwanzaa, I don't get offended at all, I just say thanks and move on. No big deal really...

Or, how about Happy HannuKwanzaMas!

pookie said:
If I wish you or anyone a merry christmas, I'm not makeing a religious statement on your behalf...I'm makeing it to reaffirm my faith on my behalf in Jesus' honor.

#1.So you reaffirm your faith by a PA announcement? #2This country includes all kinds of religions and backgrounds, so dont reaffirm your faith to me and i will not do the same.#3 Jesus is not my god and so be it.

#4We just had the local library remove all their nativity scenes due to the simple reason that my tax dollars should not be used to fund your belief.#5 You know what, the courts agree with me.

Replies in order.

#1. Yes
#2 I dont care. Reaffirm your faith all you want to who ever you choose.
#3 I still dont care
#4 We just had one put up a nativity scene
#5 So?The courts once told my kids they could not use the words "under God " in th pledge....we ignored them. As did millions of others.

Merry Christmas!

capt. megadeth said:
Things capt. megadeth worries about:
Paying my mortgage
Getting a raise
Affording to live in an increasingly expensive city
Job Security
Being able to have a healthy child
Staying healthy so I can keep flying
Being able to enjoy life

You guys/gals that worry about nativity scenes and $hit like that obviously have too much time on your hands.

Anything else? Man...dare I say that you will not be able to stay healthy enough to stay flying if you are sitting at home wringing your hands over all that stuff.

Some pointers.....

Re-fi your house or sell it for one with a lower mortgage.
Join the Negotiating committee.
Move to a cheaper city.
Get a gov. job.
Dont have kids.
Dont worry so much...it'll kill ya.

Cant help you with the last one. If you sit around a worry about having a happy life.....then good luck to ya.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Sorry bout the Christmas thing Pookie...I know how much that upsets you.

acaTerry said:
Jesus existed, saturn did not.

Says you.

Boy, this thread got ugly fast. I'll just say that I celebrate Christmas, because while I don't believe Jesus is my Lord and personal Savior, I dig on his message (or what those other guys said was his message). I don't see a lot of that message being practiced around here, though. Seems one can be a total dick to everyone one meets and still call onesself a Christian. Nice.

And to the one that says Christmas being a federal holiday proves that we're a Christian nation, I say Labor Day is a federal holiday, too. It doesn't make us a communist nation.

MickeySlapnutz said:
Anything else? Man...dare I say that you will not be able to stay healthy enough to stay flying if you are sitting at home wringing your hands over all that stuff.

Some pointers.....

Re-fi your house or sell it for one with a lower mortgage.
Join the Negotiating committee.
Move to a cheaper city.
Get a gov. job.
Dont have kids.
Dont worry so much...it'll kill ya.

Cant help you with the last one. If you sit around a worry about having a happy life.....then good luck to ya.

Um, thanks for the advice.

It's not that I worry about it all day.....my point was that people that get their panties in a bunch over "merry christmas" either A. have waaaaaay too much time on their hands or B. are rich and don't have to think about any of the things I think about which actually affect my life. Someone saying "Praise Allah" to me (even though I am not Muslim) would not offend me. People can say whatever they want. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO GET BENT OUT OF SHAPE ABOUT THIS KIND OF BULL$HIT......AND IT IS BULL$HIT!

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
EOpilot said:
Seems one can be a total dick to everyone one meets and still call onesself a Christian. Nice.

Oh yes....I have seen more church going bible thumping hippocrites in my life than I care to think about.

PCL_128 said:
Merry Christmas all the way. Screw the liberal political correctness freaks.

Don't lump us liberals into that PC group. We're not all like that. By the way...famous liberals: 1) Ben Franklin, 2) George Washington, 3) Christ.

Latest resources

Back