• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Melted Engines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I cant speak for a pilot but from a mechanics point of view... An airplane is an airplane is an airplane. I work on the barbie jet variety and if I am able to keep my job/QOL for 20+ years that would be fantastic. What is wrong with being happy with where you are?

In pilot circles, 10+ years at a regional is considered a career failure and instantly throws up red flags about your competency and character. There's a big stigma as to why you didn't make it to a major.

In pilot circles, 10+ years at a regional is considered a career failure and instantly throws up red flags about your competency and character. There's a big stigma as to why you didn't make it to a major.

Brilliant. Especially with the tremendous pace of all the hiring at the majors for the last 10 + years. Only a complete stooge would still be at a regional after the most recent 10+years... is american still running 50+ a month? Delta 40+ a month, SWA 60+?,, oh, no wait... that was 15 years ago.

Brilliant. Especially with the tremendous pace of all the hiring at the majors for the last 10 + years. Only a complete stooge would still be at a regional after the most recent 10+years... is american still running 50+ a month? Delta 40+ a month, SWA 60+?,, oh, no wait... that was 15 years ago.

Didn't say I agreed with it. But I have been on the receiving end of a talking down to in many jumpseats over the years. I just smile and don't give a crap about what anyone thinks or says.

Didn't say I agreed with it. But I have been on the receiving end of a talking down to in many jumpseats over the years. I just smile and don't give a crap about what anyone thinks or says.

You know what works in that situation? Tell them to go F-CK themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant speak for a pilot but from a mechanics point of view... An airplane is an airplane is an airplane. I work on the barbie jet variety and if I am able to keep my job/QOL for 20+ years that would be fantastic. What is wrong with being happy with where you are?

Nothing...Only you know what's best for you and yours. I have my game plan that I'm trying to carry out, but I'm not judging anybody else.

I cant speak for a pilot but from a mechanics point of view... An airplane is an airplane is an airplane. I work on the barbie jet variety and if I am able to keep my job/QOL for 20+ years that would be fantastic. What is wrong with being happy with where you are?[/QUOTE

Not that I'm there yet.... But 100k a year 4 vaction slots... you chose every month what days you want off. Hmmm, I can't blame the top 20% of regional pilots staying where they are. Not many jobs that you can take almost 2 months off every year and enjoy an incredible QOL. The people bitching are the junior folks.

Latest resources

Back