• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Melted Engines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you dream of being a 20 year turboprop captain when you were a little kid? Apparently WSurf loves saying "Condition levers MAX!". Definitely cooler than saying "Welcome aboard Republic flight 123".

I don't think anyone dreams of being a 20 year TP capt. Nobody dreams of being a 20 year RJ capt either...so I still don't get your point.

Did you dream of being a 20 year turboprop captain when you were a little kid? Apparently WSurf loves saying "Condition levers MAX!". Definitely cooler than saying "Welcome aboard Republic flight 123".
That's akin to moving from the fryer to the burger prep station. Try again....

LOL, and I'm not close to 20 years :) And this coming from a guy that has 10 post of FlightInfo! Peach Fuzzz .Go away little birdie! Fly far, far,far away.........

Last edited:

Are you 5 yrs old?!?! Idiot

Seen the pics, scary that there could have been a Jeff City 2.0. Jeff City 2.0, now with passengers!
Same here. What was left of the good engine? Or WAS that the engine that re-lit?

Same here. What was left of the good engine? Or WAS that the engine that re-lit?

The melted engine is the one that relit at altitude when they followed the memory item and selected continuous ignition to ON. They are very lucky that both didn't re-light. They got the other engine started later and it functioned properly and got them safely to the ground. I too would like to know the condition of that engine and know how close they came to melting both of them.

Latest resources

Back