Medical fails may climb

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes but all that only works if you live long enought to be a gummer:rolleyes:

Want the best chance of a long life? Don't work till you're old and gray.

Want the best chance of a long life? Don't work till you're old and gray.
Not true do a study on how working reduces the declines normally found in old age. Age 70. BP 110/74. BMI 24.5, perfect blood chemistry. I am having a ball, get to hang around airports, pliots and airplanes, what coudkl be better It is not up to anyone to judge how I go about aging. My dad worked until he was 85. Merry Chrstmas to all, the western world is not a bad palce to live due to the teaching of this guy from 2013 years ago. I wish you all the best

That's missing the point yip- I do plan on working all my life- everyone needs a purpose, but it will be focused on other things then- time will tell- and I hope that I do live a nice long fun life

This is a singular career yip. You feel free to work your office job and ramp as long as you'd like- the flight deck is a different environment. What me and flop are saying is that 40 years of age 60 led to decreased medical standards and a quality of life that benefitted all pilots.

Now, this FAS overreach -- = not a coincidence

Not true do a study on how working reduces the declines normally found in old age.

Actually, there are no peer reviewed studies on this that I've been able to find. There are statistics, but the experts say that the higher death rates in the fully retired are likely due to the fact that those in poor health already are far more likely to go into full retirement early, vastly skewing the numbers. In other words, the classic correlation does not equal causation.

I am having a ball, get to hang around airports, pliots and airplanes, what coudkl be better

Frankly, I can't think of much worse. But to each his own.

It is not up to anyone to judge how I go about aging

I don't care how you go about aging. Want to work until the day you croak? Go right ahead. Just don't do it in an airliner cockpit.

Flop and Wave have detached themselves so far from reality that I don't think there is a point to continuing to debate with them.

Tilton (who is 70 by the way) has decided to include other stakeholders which is reasonable, as was a small change in the retirement age which has proven significantly less dangerous than the anti-65 crowd would have everyone believe. So reason wins out over FUD.

To Wave and Flop and everyone else, I hope you are able to enjoy Christmas with your family. Age 65 played a small part in my not being senior enough to hold it off, even after all these years, but I still think it's a small sacrifice to right something that was wrong and my family and I will still have a nice Christmas on whatever day we celebrate it.

Tilton (who is 70 by the way) has decided to include other stakeholders which is reasonable.

He's being reasonable? Or he's having a change of thought because Congress is about to spell it out to him?

You really need to be able to understand the big picture. You can't see further than your narrow point of view.

From Tilton's point of view, it doesn't matter wether or not 60 to 65 is reasonable. It's how it was done, middle of the night with language that specifically took him [his position] out of the equation. Prater pulled a stunt, now Tilton's trying to pull a stunt and only one small group has gained anything and most of us have lost.

Last edited:
I guess you don't fly because you like too

I fly to make money. And at your advanced age, I would think that you would have learned the difference between "to" and "too" by now. :rolleyes:

That chart is crazy

Guant is healthy??

I just looked at the BMI chart. My BMI when I ran a marathon (a respectable 3:29) was 24.6. My resting heart rate then was 60. I once got down to 24 and my friends were concerned about my health because I became so gaunt. If they start judging they need to have a better method to determine who is overweight.

On an unrelated rant. If they are so worried about fatigue why are they considering a "Cargo Pilot Carve Out" for the new regs? They are hippocrates.

Latest resources

Back