• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Medical fails may climb

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A simplistic view of unions and airline history for sure- ideological and how has that worked for the middle class- one that is shrinking to dangerous levels.

As for the subject- look at the debt you're leaving gen x -

What on earth is your justification for that? Oh yeah- blame the other side of the aisle- meanwhile- both sides of the aisle in my generation is stuck with it and you guys benefitted. Just a coincidence I'm sure

Yep, you are right. But not just the pilots that went before you. The entire generation that went before you.

WW2 boys came home and went to college on the GI Bill, lest they flood the economy with unemployed vets. The women had had a job and they wanted out of the kitchen. Thus the two income family.Then the lure of a job for life concept. Get a good job and ride it out to retirement. Job security, health insurance, retirement.

It's not the baby boomers that drained the till. It's your parents. the ones on Social Security, the ones that could exist on their own, through the largess of their pensions but still suck the government tit. But then, without it , you would have to take care of your elderly Japanese Style.......out of your income.

As for the subject- look at the debt you're leaving gen x -

What on earth is your justification for that? Oh yeah- blame the other side of the aisle- meanwhile- both sides of the aisle in my generation is stuck with it and you guys benefitted. Just a coincidence I'm sure
Yup both sides of the aisle are to blame but with the $7 trillion increase during Obama's first 5 years in office compared to the $5 trillion in Bush's 8 years, plus most analysis saying Obama will double the debt from the time he enter office to the time he leaves; I'd say one side should recieve a lot more blame than the other.

But you can't blame Yip's generation. Most of the debt has been in the last 13 or 14 years. In 2000 it was $5.7 trillion. Now it's $16.7 trillion. That increase is us, not Yip.

Y
It's not the baby boomers that drained the till. It's your parents. the ones on Social Security, the ones that could exist on their own, through the largess of their pensions but still suck the government tit. But then, without it , you would have to take care of your elderly Japanese Style.......out of your income.
Retirees on Social Security paid into it and they should recieve their payouts. Congress has used the Social Security fund as a ready cash source. If they would stop raiding it, Social Secuirty would be a lot more solvent. It's not the baby boomer's parents raiding it, it's everyone else raiding it.

Entitlements in general are way out of control and are busting the budget. 2 years of unemployment, how easy it is to get on food stamps or disability, etc. It needs to stop. It's gone from temporary assistance programs to a lifetime benefits. That's bull******************** and it's going to bankrupt the country.

I think you guys have completely jumped the thread. How does this pertain to fatties and sleep apnea?
This thread is a test of that, to see if it puts anyone to sleep, worked for me last night.

BTW Yes Middle class is shrinking, they are getting richer like airline pilots.

www.hoover.org/news/daily-report/106421

January 26, 2012 | Wall Street Journal

Yes, "the middle class has shrunk," as Mr. Obama said while campaigning last month. But not because it's getting poorer, rather because it's getting richer.

According to Stephen Rose of the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, fewer people live today in middle-class households with incomes between $35,000 and $105,000, while the percentage of households making less than $35,000 has remained the same. Where did the missing households go? They became richer. In the past three decades, the percentage of households making more than $105,000 in inflation-adjusted dollars doubled to 24% from 11%.

I actually thought about resigning it this month. One of the main reasons I didn't was that I needed to get a medical procedure done, and our insurance plan is much better than anything you can find for a small business. I paid $75 instead of having to pay 20% coinsurance. Whether I stay any longer after getting released back to flying depends on how slow the schedule is on reserve.

Again, nothing spells reality like making payroll and being responsible for a business. Your example is exactly what I'm talking about. Do you know what I miss about JUST flying? (And I am passionate about what I do) - being "OFF". Very few careers are you as "off" as when you're a line pilot.

Again proof will be when it happens. Until then, reality = medical procedures. The rest is fantasy SWA hater stuff. Unless, you think that's the last medical procedure you'll ever need.

wave, you'll see. :)

(And I am passionate about what I do) - being "OFF". Very few careers are you as "off" as when you're a line pilot.
Bingo give that man a cigar. When you own your own business and you are a small start up where you do almost everything there are no days off. The phone can ring almost anytime a customer has problem he wants you to fix right now. The endless hours chasing down pope who are behind in paying there bills, everybody and there brother wanting money from you. But I built it up to $3.5M business with 20 employees and had a ball until the market fell apart. Back to flying much more enjoyable.

And yet my ultimate conclusions are far different than yours yip.

PCL- it's your life- I'd like you to be happy and you're committed to staying unhappy at SWA- so a good decision that you haven't made yet.

Latest resources

Back