May 20 Alaska Position Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's an inside joke.
Not really a joke-just some internal recognition for a hard working little airplane and the people that worked them...back then the anc base consisted of 9 737-200 combi/freighters..it was not uncommon for a third of the airlines revenue to come from that base...the $h1t about the artic eagle comes from two groups-the fng crowd who were hired after the "old girl" flew west and the pilots that tried and never made the cut....there is your un-asked for history lesson

Not really a joke-just some internal recognition for a hard working little airplane and the people that worked them...back then the anc base consisted of 9 737-200 combi/freighters..it was not uncommon for a third of the airlines revenue to come from that base...the $h1t about the artic eagle comes from two groups-the fng crowd who were hired after the "old girl" flew west and the pilots that tried and never made the cut....there is your un-asked for history lesson

What about the third group that was hired before the "old girl" flew west, and still didn't give a rats ass how cool it is to dead stick a 37 into OTZ, below mins and overweight. The "Arctic Eagle" stuff is a crock. fly the plane the way the guys who sign our paychecks tell us too...the "old girl" is gone.

Mookie

Or the guys that want to try and fly the 400/NG like a -200. Some of them just need to let it go!!!

That whole "arctic eagle" thing always cracks me up. Makin' the cut.... give me a freaking break. Yeah, I'm sure flying up there is a challenge but who here hasn't done that sort of flying (short field, in the weather, non-radar, icy runway, terrain, yada yada yada)? The bottom line is, they took a very simple airplane and turned it into a difficult program.

That whole "arctic eagle" thing always cracks me up. Makin' the cut.... give me a freaking break. Yeah, I'm sure flying up there is a challenge but who here hasn't done that sort of flying (short field, in the weather, non-radar, icy runway, terrain, yada yada yada)? The bottom line is, they took a very simple airplane and turned it into a difficult program.
Guessing you are a new guy boxboi....has nothing to do with you....fact is with 9 airplanes we earned 1/3 of the airlines profits and bruce ,ray, john and bill chose to show some appreciation for that...let it go

Guessing you are a new guy boxboi....has nothing to do with you....fact is with 9 airplanes we earned 1/3 of the airlines profits and bruce ,ray, john and bill chose to show some appreciation for that...let it go

So...by using that logic, should the guys now flying Hawaii be called the "Tropic Lei's"? The "Arctic Eagle" thing wouldn't be a problem if a portion, not all, of those guys weren't still trying to fly the 400/NG like the mudhen.

Mookie

Someone has been drinking the arctic koolaid.

Not defending anyones behaviour...and I think that the Hawaii tour is over for anc...hopefully the base will shrink back to its prior size and all the unhappy commuters can go home..

Not defending anyones behaviour...and I think that the Hawaii tour is over for anc...hopefully the base will shrink back to its prior size and all the unhappy commuters can go home..

Thereby solving many of AS's problems....

Latest resources

Back