• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Maximum age of new hires at American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not work for Eagle but that is an interesting suggestion. Do you suppose if we all wrote letters of NOT recommendation that could make a difference? It sure sounds like it would be worth a try. Does anyone have any information of who we could send these letters to? There are more than a few of us that would love to see others get hired, but, will absolutely be downright disappointed (to say the least) if he gets hired.

Thanks for the response.

Hobie

I am not writing any letters. I am not on a witch hunt. I am not perfect. I have character flaws.

I would not pick your pocket. But this guy would.

Libel and slander are based on things that are not true. If there was a letter to be written it would be based on MY opinions and experience. But I am not writing any letters.

Once again, and this is important, there are MANY that know and have experienced what this guy is capable of doing. His local reputation is deplorable. But not in Dallas.

I really had no idea how many nerves this would touch. I think it is because of the thought of what if this could happen to me.

I will let this ride for now. It is obviously too touchy of a subject.

If there is the new hiring boom going on right now, no one person will have the power to change fate and this tool will get an airline job. Just not five of the airlines out there for certain. And in the chance that the ones that have been critical of this subject on this particular person on this board, all I can say is, I tried to tell you so.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Fly safe.

You just said that you wanted to write letters. This is what I was referring to.

And a note to Dash-power. I don't disagree with the policy at SWA, JB (I believe) used to have the same policy. What I DO disagree with is the candidate NOT have the chance to refute/explain their side of an issue in this case (because some, not all, but some people DO carry vendettas)

Rekks,

I don't disagree with you. In the going on twenty years I have been here I have only seen someone on the list once that I talked to a CP about. I did it with a heavy heart but knowing it was the right thing to do for the company. I can say that the CP wanted to know why I would not recommend this individual. After some discourse I was actually relieved to here him tell me that there had been others that had the same feelings about this candidate.

Hobie,

You have got bigger balls than I have. And I am meaning that as a compliment. Some slip through the cracks and we have to put up with them for a career. What you are doing is trying to fill the crack so this wise guy doesn't charm his way through the system creating havoc for everyone in their path. Anyone giving you a hard time must not have experienced how miserable it is to be around the "all about me" crowd.

You are passionate about this to the point I have no doubt this guy should not be employed as an airline pilot.

I also agree with the point that this guy has a higher than average likely hood of not making it through the interview, training, IOE or probation.

Thanks for trying to keep my job more secure and enjoyable.

You just said that you wanted to write letters. This is what I was referring to.

It was a suggestion followed by a consideration. It never went further than that and the thread clearly followed to let fate take its course.

But it was interesting you brought up libel but really what you were referring to is slander. One of his customers, a well known local successful professional, he totally ripped him off. The customer took him to small claims and then this tool started telling people that this customer was coming into the office at night stealing pilot supplies. The tool sure kept his mouth shut after this customer threatened him with a lawsuit based on slander.

Just one of a hundred stories. But I digress.

Thanks again for all the replies whether you agree or not.

Since you don't work at eagle it's none of your business. However...

If you know someone who both knows this individual AND works at eagle, you could let them know that he's interviewing. Such a person could make an informed decision of their own.

If the guy really pencil-whipped flight time, call the FSDO. Once the investigation starts eagle won't touch him. But you better be GD-sure of what you are talking about here...if you did that to me and I was innocent I'd sue you.

This man HAS tried to sabotage careers. He would cross your line to take YOUR job away from you. There are just some people that create problems due to their own personal gain. This person is a bad man. If trying to keep a person from negatively affecting another is pathetic behavior, then so be it. I would only wish someone would do the same for me.

There are Aholes like this aplenty already especially at the regionals. Ur not going to change anything. The guy may have sabotaged u but by trying to sabotage him you'll be just as bad as he is. I would just let it go.

Yeah....it is a good decision to move on. I feel ya. There are Jerks everywhere and it is impossible to stop them from getting an airline job. They usually just do it to themselves. There are plenty of pilots out there that have wondered why they never got hired.

On a thread creep note, what is the best guess at time to upgrade at American Eagle for a new hire now?

In a couple years, if they can find him, they will be hiring pilots in the their 60's, just to ensure they may stay there 3-5 years.

Latest resources

Back