• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Maximum age of new hires at American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you let him? And did you advance as a result? And did you fess up to it?

YOU are as guilty as HE is!!

So STFU, or FESS up and DIE!!!!

Are you kidding or brain dead on this one? ME would imply Multi-Engine time, as he pencil whipped his own ME time. Not me as in I. You get it.?

Karma works, sometimes it just takes awhile, and aviation is a pretty small loop. (and that holds true for every side of a story/issue!)

It would be nice to see Karma in action for the sake of all the people in this persons path.

Thank you.

And you let him? And did you advance as a result? And did you fess up to it?

YOU are as guilty as HE is!!

So STFU, or FESS up and DIE!!!!

Are you kidding or brain dead on this one? ME would imply Multi-Engine time, as he pencil whipped his own ME time. Not me as in I. You get it.?

Thank you Kalifornia for pointing that out for me. I thought referring to multi-engine time as ME time would be universally understood. I stand to be corrected.

Thanks again.

Hobie

If you feel this man is dangerous you should be reporting it to the FAA. Otherwise you're just a punk trying to sabotage someone else. I think you're the later. I can't believe you'd be stupid enough to post this crap. Then again this is FI, only pilots of the highest standard congegrate here.

1) This isn't 1980. Age discrimination is a thing of the past. Major airline newhire age demographics span the whole gamut. The same is true for regionals as well.

2) Even if this guy is as nasty as you say he is, how does his employment at Eagle affect you? In the airline piloting profession there's really not much a non-managerial colleague can do to your livelihood. You are not, no matter how much you try, a "kharma policeman." That's above your paygrade. Sabotaging someone's career is beyond pathetic -- that you would even consider it reveals a lot about your character. You want to let your feelings be known? Don't say hello to him in the lounge.

Live your life. Move on. Don't be overcome by jealousy or hatred.

If you feel this man is dangerous you should be reporting it to the FAA. Otherwise you're just a punk trying to sabotage someone else. I think you're the later. I can't believe you'd be stupid enough to post this crap. Then again this is FI, only pilots of the highest standard congegrate here.

This type of message boards can sometimes lose the message. I can appreciate the perception this may create. I am not trying to sabotage any career. I am not alone in my opinions on this individual. If you were in my shoes I am certain you would be just as stupid as I posting this crap. This about trying to avoid heartache for others more than some personal difference.

I will not ever have to deal with this person. But you may. And yes, in a crew situation I could see this person affecting safety due to his instability and poor decision making. If you have ever held the position requiring a crew type situation, remember the person you have had the worse experience with. Well this guy is worse than that.

Have a nice day.

Hobie

1) This isn't 1980. Age discrimination is a thing of the past. Major airline newhire age demographics span the whole gamut. The same is true for regionals as well.

2) Even if this guy is as nasty as you say he is, how does his employment at Eagle affect you? In the airline piloting profession there's really not much a non-managerial colleague can do to your livelihood. You are not, no matter how much you try, a "kharma policeman." That's above your paygrade. Sabotaging someone's career is beyond pathetic -- that you would even consider it reveals a lot about your character. You want to let your feelings be known? Don't say hello to him in the lounge.

Live your life. Move on. Don't be overcome by jealousy or hatred.

This man HAS tried to sabotage careers. He would cross your line to take YOUR job away from you. There are just some people that create problems due to their own personal gain. This person is a bad man. If trying to keep a person from negatively affecting another is pathetic behavior, then so be it. I would only wish someone would do the same for me.

You are right about the age issue. I have heard some guys getting regional jobs in their forties. But I am more interested on what has been the max age during this new round of hiring after a long period of not.

This truly is not about hatred or jealousy. I am not alone in how undeserving this would be for this man while others may not get what they rightfully deserve.

Last edited:
Ha ha you're full of it. Go to the FAA or keep your pie hole shut. If you ever want to interview at XJ please let me know. I'll make sure that they hire a gutless gossip queen like you. We need more like you around (sarcasm btw)

Have a nice day (more sarcasm).

Hobiehawker,

I personally applaud your efforts to keep someone with your description out of this business. At SWA we post a list of all the people about to be interviewed so that if someone knows an applicant with a history of poor character, they can tell the Chief Pilot this person and the story behind the poor recommendation. It is not 100%, but effective. You obviously feel strong enough to engage on this forum and take some pretty personal jabs trying to keep our pilot group strong.

I wish more would do the same. It sure would have made a difference in a few trips I have had in my career.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in continuing this dialog. Being called pathetic and wishing you would die often times can stop someone from doing something good.

I hope this selfish, unethical person does not work in an industry I hold very deep in my heart. And as you said, some people are just not deserving in what I consider a privilege to be a part of this respectable profession.

I can tell you though, in my experience, that these types who get airline jobs find themselves very alone and unhappy after the initial excitement of being a "big" airline pilot. This is absolutely the wrong career choice for someone who only thinks for themselves.

Dash

Ha ha you're full of it. Go to the FAA or keep your pie hole shut. If you ever want to interview at XJ please let me know. I'll make sure that they hire a gutless gossip queen like you. We need more like you around (sarcasm btw)

Have a nice day (more sarcasm).

I obviously have unintentionally touched a nerve with you. Only you know why but I do apologize. (no sarcasm)

Have a nice day. (no sarcasm)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back