• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mandatory Retirement Age at 91K/135 Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd say that is the best advertisement for mandatory retirement I've ever seen. Can you imagine doing a tour with this guy?

Sorry about the marriage(s), we all have problems, it's just that your problems shouldn't be everyone else's problems. The "me-80s" is gone!!

I'll bite....what are the "me-80s?"

I'd say that is the best advertisement for mandatory retirement I've ever seen. Can you imagine doing a tour with this guy?

Yeah, I sure can. In fact, it'd be an absolute blast! I hope we'll get to share a front-end one of these days.

Those were the days I deployed 3 times with the Marines.

I guess it was all about me....

I get it....the 80s were supposed to be the "me" generation? I would say that is a decade or two early.

Admit it.....you were in the office begging to be deployed everytime.

I get it....the 80s were supposed to be the "me" generation? I would say that is a decade or two early.

Admit it.....you were in the office begging to be deployed everytime.
Actually ... I did like deployments ... so I guess it really was about me....

As I see it, pilot ability is a combination of intelligence, hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and experience. If this is true, we need look no further than the professional athelete community wherein the same traits are required. Since coordination and reflexes start to deteriorate rapidly around age 30, we need to determine the age that experience no longer compensates for the deterioration. Looking around the major sports teams, it's apparent that very few athletes remain active past the age of 40. Since there's no age limits for professional athletes, their retirement age is likely the age at which their experience no longer compensates for their physical deterioration. Therefore, I believe we should use these self-evident facts to establish mandatory retirement regulations for pilots, who seem to hang on long after they are past their prime. In my view 40 would be the most obvious retirement age for most pilots, with limitations placed on those who don't maintain good physical standards. Yep, 40 should be the new 60!
icon26.gif

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back