• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mandatory Retirement Age at 91K/135 Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got it! I know how to fix the whole thing!

REVERSE THE PAYSCALES!

That's right, as a new hire you get deep six figures but every single year you take a paycut. That way towards the end of your career your making $12,000 a year and eating Ramen Noodles in your apartment with 4 roomates. That would get the old guys out the damn door and make room for us "up and comings".

No thanks are necessary.

PS
I've long thought this should be done for flight attendants as well....I'm serious about that one

;)

That was incredible! Now pay me back my Social Security benefits and we'll all be happy!

At Flops we had a guy that aside from a case of halitosis that could melt steel basically slept all day long.

We would land walk into the fbo I would go take a leak and walk into the crew lounge and he would already be asleep.

One day I wanted to keep track and he slept 4:55 throughout the day. We got done at 8PM and he entered his room at 9pm. We had a 12pM van and the company pushed up departure time so i called him at 11:20am and he was still sleeping from the night before. We take off and not even 20 mins into the flight he is fast asleep for over an hour on our repo leg. Heck at least he couldnt breathe on me while sleeping

I will pay $1000 to the flops guy that knows his initials.

They're everywhere!! I have not flown at one employer in 25 years where we haven't had a grandpa that did the same thing. What I worry about is what happens when two of them are flying together at the same time!!!

I see both sides of the arguement, but I just wanted to let people know that it's not always the young guy saving the old guy.!

Wait... now hold on just a second.

You're saying that experience and well-honed intuition are valuable in the cockpit?

Now that's just crazy talk. ;)

"Resign. Or be prosecuted!"

Five points for the first correct movie answer.

.... I had one of our really really old crusty captains save my a%$ a few weeks ago. I forgot to preselect my inbound course for a VOR approach going into New Orleans. With a low overcast sky, he noticed right away that something wasnt right.... No big deal in his eyes and we went on our merry way without having to hear the young punk jokes.

I see both sides of the arguement, but I just wanted to let people know that it's not always the young guy saving the old guy. When people lose sight of the fact that its a team and we are there to back each other up under any circumstances, then its time too hang it up...Age has nothing too do with it. It goes both ways!

Excellent post and very classy to share a story that you could have kept to yourself, Av8tr.

Well since we are talking safety

Lets raise the minimums to lets say 7000 hours at the Fracs.

That way we will have more experienced pilots, right?

Therefore safer, right?

Doesn't sound so good when someone is trying to shove it up you butt huh?

Where exactly will you young geniuses be when youre 60?

Ya don't know do ya!

I really enjoyed the one I heard the other day about a young guy bitching about the old guys.

Turns out he's supposedly mid 30's and about 80 lbs overweight.

For such sharp young pilots you don't seem to really know $hit from shinola. You are gonna get old too you fools!!!!!

Your new wives are liable to get tired of your sanctamonius B.S. and dump you.....Whoops! What now??

All these rules you are implementing are gonna come back and bite you in the butt some day.

Man, I get spooled up over your ignorance.

Good luck to you all. I hope your epithany on this subject comes soon.

Lets raise the minimums to lets say 7000 hours at the Fracs.

That way we will have more experienced pilots, right?

Therefore safer, right?

Doesn't sound so good when someone is trying to shove it up you butt huh?

Where exactly will you young geniuses be when youre 60?

Ya don't know do ya!

I really enjoyed the one I heard the other day about a young guy bitching about the old guys.

Turns out he's supposedly mid 30's and about 80 lbs overweight.

For such sharp young pilots you don't seem to really know $hit from shinola. You are gonna get old too you fools!!!!!

Your new wives are liable to get tired of your sanctamonius B.S. and dump you.....Whoops! What now??

All these rules you are implementing are gonna come back and bite you in the butt some day.

Man, I get spooled up over your ignorance.

Good luck to you all. I hope your epithany on this subject comes soon.

I'd say that is the best advertisement for mandatory retirement I've ever seen. Can you imagine doing a tour with this guy?

Sorry about the marriage(s), we all have problems, it's just that your problems shouldn't be everyone else's problems. The "me-80s" is gone!!

Latest resources

Back