Management Pilots Fired at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't it more embarassing that the pilots flew the plane
Pretty tough talk for a gear bitch on a 1900. If MX says its airworthy for a ferry, how you gonna double check, call Montreal? As an A&P and IA for 20+ years, I will not question the mechanics, unless its so obvious. A pitot tube/mast is not one of them, engineering in Montreal will give thumbs up or down. If you got a ferry permit you are most likely gonna go. Now go charge the pod, gel the hair and reorganize the backpack.
PBR

I understand Montreal was never called, that was part of the problem.

Pretty tough talk for a gear bitch on a 1900. If MX says its airworthy for a ferry, how you gonna double check, call Montreal? As an A&P and IA for 20+ years, I will not question the mechanics, unless its so obvious. A pitot tube/mast is not one of them, engineering in Montreal will give thumbs up or down. If you got a ferry permit you are most likely gonna go. Now go charge the pod, gel the hair and reorganize the backpack.
PBR

PBR your joking right?

As the PIC I question everything maintanence tell me and just because they say its ok dosen't mean its ok ferry or not! If I'm not comfortable with it I will not fly it. Maintanence will lead you down the primrose path if you let them.

The Captain who flew the aircraft with the sawed off pitot tube at the time was a new Captain. To mainanence thats fresh meat they will tell you anything to get you to take an airplane.

701EV

PBR your joking right?

As the PIC I question everything maintanence tell me and just because they say its ok dosen't mean its ok ferry or not! If I'm not comfortable with it I will not fly it. Maintanence will lead you down the primrose path if you let them.

The Captain who flew the aircraft with the sawed off pitot tube at the time was a new Captain. To mainanence thats fresh meat they will tell you anything to get you to take an airplane.

701EV

Amen. I have refused a couple of airplanes that maintenance tried to push me into. They are not the ones that have to fly the plane. Was I wrong in disagreeing with MTC? I don't think so. 99% of the time I feel comfortable with a mechanic's decision. However, if your gut is telling you that it doesn't seem right then it is your duty to speak up. My career is on the line too.

Last edited:
The other week the airplane we we on had some oil (maybe 2 oz.) on the engine exhaust. I called Mx and they said its no big deal fine to fly...i said thats fine let me write it up and you can ops check ok it.....then they actually investigated it more and we swapped airplanes because it was a few hour job to change some of the carbon seals.

Latest resources

Back