Management Pilots Fired at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASARJMan

Gary Hall and Sorrell fired from their positions. Anyone know why and if this is true? Any more shake-ups going on at the Kremlin (aka the G/O).

Gary got the ax? Well there goes the ONLY continuous member of management's negoitiating team since the beginning. That's interesting.

Gary Gross is the Gary that is on the Neg Com. Gary Hall is safety manager.

Of course that makes it even more interesting. Didn't ALPA just put out a very embarassing report about ASA maintenance sawing the pitot tube of a CRJ and flying it? One that ASA threatened to sue the union if they didn't retract it? Perhaps a little too much heat on corporate safety?

And wasn't Sorrell a bigwig in the CRJ engineering department? Hmmm...

Tom was the first RJ standards guy. I was in his class. He was also the head of the BAe-146 dept. He taught me on that thing too.

Hell of a pilot back then.

Why they get fired? I like 'em both. Good guys unless the management koolaid got 'em!

ASA is a complete train wreck waiting to happen. I feel bad for the people who try on a daily basis to make that operation work. It is time for the quality people to move on to greener pastures where they will be appreciated.

I left and have had no regrets after 8 very long years there. Jobs that pay and treat their employees better are out there guys and gals- I have have met several respectable aviation outfits that offered CAREERS!

Meanwhile AD, the one currently responsible for our ramp, and who was the VP of maint and engineering during the pitot tube incident, is promoted to COO after DAL forces ASA to fire all the rampers. Where's the justice?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back