Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Malaysian 777 enroute to Beijing missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(warning - speculation ahead)

If it was hijackers, maybe they had rudimentary instruction about 777 systems from online sources or MS flight simulator, had a (poorly thought out) plan to take it over & fly it somewhere but after they got control of the plane, got the transponder turned off & turned west discovered they discovered they were in over their heads, made a bunch of mistakes & and ran out of fuel over the Indian ocean & crashed.

but using a cheap flight sim with a good database would be good practice for learning switchology (turning off transponder, data, etc) - and doing basic 2D navigation - but probably lousy for actual control of a big airplane, fuel management, and all the other stuff that goes on in flying an airliner

I'm sure there are other plausible scenarios. This will be really ugly when it's sorted out.

I think its more complex than that

Keep an eye on L1 in flight......that's all I will say.

I think its more complex than that

Keep an eye on L1 in flight......that's all I will say.

Could very well be. I'm thinking I maybe starting to understand the mechanism. I think the motivation, who's responsible, etc is both bizarre and wide open. And if the jet is at the bottom of a really deep part of the Indian Ocean, it may be really hard to figure our even if the CVR & FDR are recovered.

Wonder if they had the fuel guy on the take and he toped it off .. The crew override the acars fuel send in link .. Yes the plane prob says hey we have more but they just call dispatch and load planning and say .. It's not correct .. And they go .. So with full tanks where could this plane have flown 2....

With all this wild speculation that is going on I'll say this, until it is proven otherwise I'll consider the flight crew as two more victims of this horrible crime.

I am still a long way from convinced it was a criminal event.

A trimmed airplane, without an autopilot, will tend to oscillate as fuel is burned and CG changes. I would expect some pretty long period altitude changes.

An incapacitated crew and or a EE fire would cause things to go offline one at a time.

They are not going to stop looking until they find the airplane and then we will know.

I am still a long way from convinced it was a criminal event.

A trimmed airplane, without an autopilot, will tend to oscillate as fuel is burned and CG changes. I would expect some pretty long period altitude changes.

An incapacitated crew and or a EE fire would cause things to go offline one at a time.

They are not going to stop looking until they find the airplane and then we will know.

All of these "what if's" would have produced fault messages to operations and an E&E bay fire doesn't change the heading by 120 degrees.

All of these "what if's" would have produced fault messages to operations and an E&E bay fire doesn't change the heading by 120 degrees.

Maybe, maybe not, depending upon what failed first.

In any case, your first point is the important one; all speculation is retarded.

When they find the airplane and start pulling out actual data, we will know.

Latest resources

Back