• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Major intentions for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your props to SUN are around because currently they are the largest plane you have that can fly in there.

Wrong.

Your "at risk" flying is just that, and DL obviously didn't have faith in some of that, or it wouldn't be "at risk." Fingers crossed!

It's "just that"? Sorry, but it's not about "faith." It's about competence. DL took the Brasilias under CPA in the 90's, and then soon after gave control back to OO when they were unable to properly price, route, and market the Brasilias, and THAT is why OO is flying them at-risk. If DL was competent at properly marketing these turboprop markets, then they would've made SUN a permanent CPA market a long time ago as they are now doing with the jet because of the margins they lust after, but that's not how it worked out.

The interesting thing with UAL is that they too are discovering the same thing RA has figured out, and Doug Parker too, and that is 50 seaters are too expensive. (Look at CLE for example). Hopefully you don't have too many.... Wait, wait, never mind.....

Your management has you under the impression that 100% of DL's regional flying is CPA, and you're sitting here happy to regurgitate what they feed you, but that's NOT the case. There's plenty of at-risk out there. Some EAS is in there, but most of it isn't. It's not just Brasilias out there anymore.

As far as dealing with UA, most SKW pilots I talk to like the DL flying compared to the UA side. It's a better run operation at the hubs supposedly.

Well, yes, I agree, but again you miss my point. SFO is a pain in the ass, plain and simple. More than any other airport inside class B or C airspace in this country, except for maybe JFK. The less I have to deal with it, the happier I am.

Last edited:
Umm, WRONG!

Check today's schedule SLC-SUN. You guys have outsourced so much of your flying you can't keep track. Debate that, master.

Wow, 3 CR7s. Do you know what "outsourcing" means? Replacing your own with cheaper. Can a mainline plane land at SUN? Ahhhhhh probably not. So, you're WRONG, that's not outsourcing. I am the master.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wrong.

It's "just that"? Sorry, but it's not about "faith." It's about competence. DL took the Brasilias under CPA in the 90's, and then soon after gave control back to OO when they were unable to properly price, route, and market the Brasilias, and THAT is why OO is flying them at-risk. If DL was competent at properly marketing these turboprop markets, then they would've made SUN a permanent CPA market a long time ago as they are now doing with the jet because of the margins they lust after, but that's not how it worked out.

Your management has you under the impression that 100% of DL's regional flying is CPA, and you're sitting here happy to regurgitate what they feed you, but that's NOT the case. There's plenty of at-risk out there. Some EAS is in there, but most of it isn't. It's not just Brasilias out there anymore.

Well, yes, I agree, but again you miss my point. SFO is a pain in the ass, plain and simple. More than any other airport inside class B or C airspace in this country, except for maybe JFK. The less I have to deal with it, the happier I am.

SUN must have lengthened the runway recently, E120s USED to be the largest DL plane, but now CR7s three times a day. Wonderful. You see, DL doesn't really like props, most people don't. They dumped all of the Mesaba Saabs, and your E120s are the last to go. If you want to fly them, grab EAS routes, which I think you are doing with some GLA routes they can't keep. I don't think DL is interested. You may fly that awhile, but as the legacies pull away your senior Capts, I have a feeling you won't be able to crew a lot of flights, and those EAS routes will probably be the first to go. Watch GLA to see what will likely happen to you guys within the next few years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

SUN must have lengthened the runway recently,

Nope, although one is in the works.

E120s USED to be the largest DL plane, but now CR7s three times a day. Wonderful. You see, DL doesn't really like props, most people don't. They dumped all of the Mesaba Saabs, and your E120s are the last to go. If you want to fly them, grab EAS routes, which I think you are doing with some GLA routes they can't keep. I don't think DL is interested. You may fly that awhile, but as the legacies pull away your senior Capts, I have a feeling you won't be able to crew a lot of flights, and those EAS routes will probably be the first to go. Watch GLA to see what will likely happen to you guys within the next few years.

With a response like that, I know that you've run out of ammo. It's pretty clear to me that you simply don't know what you don't know, and are instead relegated to just repeat ad nauseam the same crap that management and the union has already fed you, and heck, as a last-ditch effort, are attempting to bull-******************** your way through the rest of your response.

Good day.

Last edited:
Well stated Jedi. Jenny is full tilt full of shet! And her GF Mercy-Full-Of-It too, and Oys Yo Yo, and whatever else she's uses on FI.

Legacy Airlines Profitable? Step away from the Crack Pipe! Its a shell game. Bag fees, premium seats and to the cash flow true. But when you don't pay your debt and just refinance it, I guess you can call your money made anything you want. Delta will be back in BK within the next 5 years to "reset them selves". this is why most brokerage firms discourage airline stock long term. Ever wonder why American posted profits for the entire year, then the year of their BK they were posting losses? That last year the were claiming their financed debt to justify their BK. Easy losses or "light" losses are: predicting to make 10 million in a quarter, but only made 7 million "profit". we lost 3 million". All a shell game. The Bush administrating really opened the door to airline and BK after 9-11. They were deemed essential to the US economy.

Regional work under a asa agreement to provide service for a fixed amount. They do not have the finance capital to refinance their debt. Their venders demand monthly payment for service.

I've watched Richard Anderson over the years. He has proven to be Whip-saw king of the airline industry. I have great respect for his business tenacity. Once the regionals are gone, I believe the hay-day at Delta will be over. Mr. Anderson will have to keep pleasing shear holders with dividends and no place in the short term to make them; i.e. ASA agreements that squeeze money out of regionals for services to unprofitable out stations.... and yes their is money made by the major carrier their. But when the regionals are gone his attention will be back on his own labor groups to make those dividends its going to get ugly. Remember the Northwest Pilots, FAs' , and mechanics..... that was the whip saw king in action.

It's loaded in the desktop timetable. Here are the rest of the flights out of TVC starting June 9th: all seasonal

DTW - 5 flights/day; 4x 717, 1x CRJ
MSP - 3-4 flight/day, 3x CRJ, 1x A319
ATL - 1-2 weekly; CR7 on Sat/Sun
LGA - 4x per week; 1x CR7 Fri & 3x CR7 Sat

It also stated 2 daily 717s from AUS to LAX and back starting June 16th.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How come no one commented on this? What big shot "Senior 767 International FO With 5000 People Below Him" would have the Delta Desktop app? What pilot would care unless he was buying tickets? Commuters use Travelnet. I don't know ANY pilots who sit on their computer all day looking up random cities. Traverse City? Really? Unless someone commutes from there, why would you pull that out of thousands of destinations? More proof that General Lee is a troll, not a pilot. I guarantee he's a dam diamond medallion who thinks he knows all and is pretending to be a pilot. I just love how his new shtick is to lecture everyone about "contributing". When did this broken record troll who 90% of his posts have been taunting the regional pilots that they're going to lose their jobs over and over become the arbiter of what's a "contribution" TO AN ANONYMOUS WEB BOARD! :D His only real "contribution" is the comic relief he brings to the majors board with the other 10% of his posts that the real pilots laugh him off the thread over. That's why he trolls here. You all need to stop arguing with this idiot WHO IS NOT A PILOT. Stop feeding the troll!

Now for my "real" contribution, I have no idea about TVC, and don't care, but if you look at the ATL system, -88s are going to all the old ASA cities. Several times a day. and in case you haven't noticed, we're parking them at concourse C. any of you who still think you may have a long term career at ASA or any other regional better wake up if you're more than 5 years from retirement. The writing is on the wall. As much as I dislike GL, he is right in that the regionals will continue to shrink. Anyone can see that, his painfully obvious broken record posts notwithstanding. 5 years from now every regional will be half its size and senior captains, (10-20 yr) will be going back to the right seat. Get out while you can. My worst day at Delta is still better than my best day there.

How come no one commented on this? What big shot "Senior 767 International FO With 5000 People Below Him" would have the Delta Desktop app? What pilot would care unless he was buying tickets? Commuters use Travelnet. I don't know ANY pilots who sit on their computer all day looking up random cities. Traverse City? Really? Unless someone commutes from there, why would you pull that out of thousands of destinations? More proof that General Lee is a troll, not a pilot. I guarantee he's a dam diamond medallion who thinks he knows all and is pretending to be a pilot. I just love how his new shtick is to lecture everyone about "contributing". When did this broken record troll who 90% of his posts have been taunting the regional pilots that they're going to lose their jobs over and over become the arbiter of what's a "contribution" TO AN ANONYMOUS WEB BOARD! :D His only real "contribution" is the comic relief he brings to the majors board with the other 10% of his posts that the real pilots laugh him off the thread over. That's why he trolls here. You all need to stop arguing with this idiot WHO IS NOT A PILOT. Stop feeding the troll!

Now for my "real" contribution, I have no idea about TVC, and don't care, but if you look at the ATL system, -88s are going to all the old ASA cities. Several times a day. and in case you haven't noticed, we're parking them at concourse C. any of you who still think you may have a long term career at ASA or any other regional better wake up if you're more than 5 years from retirement. The writing is on the wall. As much as I dislike GL, he is right in that the regionals will continue to shrink. Anyone can see that, his painfully obvious broken record posts notwithstanding. 5 years from now every regional will be half its size and senior captains, (10-20 yr) will be going back to the right seat. Get out while you can. My worst day at Delta is still better than my best day there.

I will comment. It is because he pulls his sh*t off airliners.net. This same information is a whole post on airliners. I have said this over and over again, he is no pilot but one of those idiots obsessed with airplanes, flight schedules blah blah blah....

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6002179/

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back