• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MAF/pilot shortage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you were/are associated with Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholicism, or some other un-Godly cult
Well ... well ... well ... there it is, in a nutshell. That little attitude of yours is the reason for Muslims killing Jews, Christains killing Muslims, Christians killing Christians. Religious zealotry among misguided, superstitious, arrogant nutjobs has always been among the most dangerous things in the world. "If you don't believe eggzackery like I do ... you're doomed and, well ... you're my enemy. Everyone's wrong but me."

It's a small step from that little statement of yours to driving an airliner into a building, sawing the heads off young businessmen, shooting a doctor, ethnic cleansing, or bombing a clinic. A small step. A very small step.

You sir, and those like you, scare me. You are a schizotypical sociopath and the seeds of violence have already been sown in your family. You're probably raising a couple little bombmakers right now.

Minh

Last edited:
Timebuilder said:

2Corinthians 6:14 says "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?"

So, as believers, were are not to felllowship or partner with unbelievers, which explains the doctrinal requirement of MAF membership or organizations like them.

I'm sure glad Christ didn't subscribe to this. How do you propose to obey the great commission if you don't associated with unbelievers?

>>Well ... well ... well ... there it is, in a nutshell. That little attitude of yours is the reason for Muslims killing Jews, Christains killing Muslims, Christians killing Christians. Religious zealotry among misguided, superstitious, arrogant nutjobs has always been among the most dangerous things in the world. "If you don't believe eggzackery like I do ... you're doomed and, well ... you're my enemy. Everyone's wrong but me."

It's a small step from that little statement of yours to driving an airliner into a building, sawing the heads off young businessmen, shooting a doctor, ethnic cleansing, or bombing a clinic. A small step. A very small step.

You sir, and those like you, scare me. You are a schizotypical sociopath and the seeds of violence have already been sown in your family. You're probably raising a couple little bombmakers right now.<<

You don't know me, and by your words above it is apparent that you do not know or understand the teachings of Christ.

The difference between Christ's teachings and those of Islam could not be greater. Islam teaches that the unbelieving infidel is to be destroyed...killed. Jews and Christians..."people of the book"...are to be allowed the privilege of living under Islamic earthly government, at the price of paying tribute, and other penalties befitting their status as second-class citizens.

Call me ignorant...but that's the word from the Quran. Read it for yourself. As an aside, the fact that people calling themselves "muslims" are killing the "people of the book" is proof positive that they are not true to the teachings of Islam.

Christ, on the other hand, taught that we should love and pray for our enemies. If you will read your history, *all* of the wars that were fought strictly in the *name* of Christianity were under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman "church" is unbiblical, unscriptural, and in error in every way from the Word of God as revealed in the Bible. It has deceived, and is deceiving, millions into believing that they are going to Heaven.

The United States is not at war in Iraq in the name of Christianity. If you want to know about war in the name of "Chrisitanity," study the Roman "church's" persecution of the Waldensians, Albegensians, and the Huguenots, as well as the history of the Spanish Inquisition.

Just as would reject as specious the argument that I, as a white man, bear some kind of present-day responsibility for the enslavement of blacks by whites in our history, I vehemently reject any association of myself, as a disciple of Jesus Christ, with the past practices of blasphemers purporting to act in His Name, while committing all sorts of deviltry.

You might try reading and attempting to understand the Words of Christ in the Bible. "If any man seek wisdom, let him ask of God"--James. If you and I paid more attention to what Christ said, instead of taking some man's word for what he said, or believing some "church's" dogma about what he said, we would all get a real blessing.

A real source of problems and frustrations in our world today is the fact that almost everyone in this generation has *little* or *no* first-hand knowledge of what the Word of God says. Therefore, they assert what someone has told them, or their own opinions.

God is God, and we are not. His Word is His Word, and our opinions don't count against it. If you have trouble with this way of thinking, that is because you are in need of a Savior.

I forgive you for all those crude remarks and insinuations, as Christ commanded. I am praying for you, and I hope you will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as the *only* Way, the *only* Truth, and the *only* Life. These are His own Words in which He described Himself, and I have taken Him at His Word.

You might try reading and attempting to understand the Words of Christ in the Bible.
I might try wiping my @ss with it instead. :rolleyes:

I noticed you didn't defend nor explain your remarks, which my post was intended to take a shot at.

So ... every single Christian, except fundamentalist Christians who believe eggzackery as you do are merely members of an "unGodly cult"? Did we understand you correctly? I just wanna make sure I've painted you with the proper brush. And I believe I have.

Minh

(Apologies to those Christians who aren't quite the nutjob this guy is (you know who you are) for the butt-wiping remark. I jest cain't hep myself with people like him and 100LL. :D )

>>If you were/are associated with Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholicism, or some other un-Godly cult<<

Snakum, apparently you want me to analyze this statement of mine for you. Glad to do it. Before we get started, though, I notice you apologized to Christians for your blasphemous remark about what you could do with God's Word, the Bible. You should know that you have not offended me, or any other believer by your blasphemy; rather, you have sinned against God. If you are truly sorry, it is to Him that you should apologize. I hope you will.

Now that we have that out of the way:

Mormonism is an ungodly cult. I assume you aren't familiar with the teachings, so in a "nutshell" (as you are fond of saying), Mormons believe in and teach such things as proxy baptism for the dead, and that believing & practicing Mormons can, and will, become gods themselves...gods like Jehovah God. They believe that Jesus and Lucifer (yes, *that* Lucifer) are brothers...sons of the same god, who used to be a man. They believe in "another gospel" of Jesus Christ, apart from the Bible. Now, these teachings are about as far from Christ's teachings as possible; in fact, of the things I have mentioned, either they are *completely absent* from the Bible, or the Bible *directly contradicts them*.. So, if I say that Mormonism is an ungodly cult, what *exactly* do you have a problem with? Could it be that you are ignorant of Mormonism, or God's Word, or both?

Jehovah's Witnesses is an ungodly cult. I assume you aren't familiar with the teachings, so in a "nutshell" (as you are fond of saying), Jehovah's Witnesses believe in and teach such things as only a limited/finite number of people being saved from Hell, and that Jesus is not truly God, i.e., equivalent to God the Father...one and inseparable...which Jesus Himself claimed: "I and the Father are One." Now, these teachings are about as far from Christ's teachings as possible; in fact, of the things I have mentioned, either they are *completely absent* from the Bible, or the Bible *directly contradicts them*. So, if I say that Jehovah's Witnesses is an ungodly cult, what *exactly* do you have a problem with? Could it be that you are ignorant of JW teachings, or God's Word, or both?

The Roman Catholic "church" is an ungodly cult. I assume you aren't familiar with the teachings, so in a "nutshell" (as you are fond of saying), the Roman "church" believes in and teaches such things that "baptism" into the "church" and observance of the "sacraments" will get you to Heaven; that there is an earthly organization headed by an infallible human being (whose "infallible" words have been changed many times throughout the centuries); that after death, salvation is possible; that prayer can be to departed believers, instead of God; and...well, I could go on, but you get the drift. Now, these teachings are about as far from Christ's teachings as possible; in fact, of the things I have mentioned, either they are *completely absent* from the Bible, or the Bible *directly contradicts them*. So, if I say that the Roman "church" is an ungodly cult, what *exactly* do you have a problem with? Could it be that you are ignorant of Catholicism's teachings, or God's Word, or both?

Snakum, the real issue here is acceptance or rejection of God's Word. Since God's Word is directly in opposition with a sinful world and its practices, the easy and popular thing to do is reject it. That is what you are doing. It shows the true condition of your heart...that you are a sinner who needs God's free gift of salvation, by faith in the sacrfice for sin that Jesus made on the Cross. You have to be willing to admit you are a sinner...be sorry for your sinful condition...be willing to turn from your sins, and to ask Him to save you. The Bible says that He will do that; and that "if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away, behold, all things are become new."

By God's Grace, I am familiar with the Bible, and I believe what it says; but, by your own words, it is evident that you either are completly ignorant of the Bible, or that you know what it says, but that you reject it as untrue? Which is it? and, WHY?

The Bible says that if any man loves Jesus, he will keep his commandments. It says that all have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God. It says that the wages of sin is death. It says that God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son...that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but shall have eternal life. It says that no man comes to the Father, but by Jesus, the Son. That's what Jesus said.

If you reject God's Word, you reject God. If you reject God, you will die in your sins. If you die in your sins, you will remain separated from God for all eternity. That means Hell. Hell is real. Jesus talked about Hell more than any other personality in the Bible. He believes that the lost are going there. That means they are. If you are lost, this means you. I urge you to get right with God while you have time.

I am praying that you will decide for Christ.

avbug said:
I've said nothing about "personal problems," mate. Nor do I want your feelings, good, bad, or otherwise.

How about sticking to avaition, then, instead of bible thumping. The sound is reverberating to the point of extreme annoyance. Hawk Jesus some place else. I realize now that this is how you're going to get saved...squawking His name over and over until you've beat it into everyone by "confessing it" enough.

Enough is enough. Shut up already. You're saved. We get it.

How soon you forget. You've posted those problems, at least by oblique reference. Maybe that's a little cloudy. I'm not going to bring them up here, I'm just trying to figure out why this bothers you so much. Conscience? Naw, not you.

Apparently, you don't yet understand the process of salvation. It isn't a matter of "squawking His name over and over until you've beat it into everyone by "confessing it" enough." That isn't a necessity. However, the believer IS tasked to spread the Gospel. Everywhere.

Even to nasty curmudgeons.

:D

SATCFI said:
I'm sure glad Christ didn't subscribe to this. How do you propose to obey the great commission if you don't associated with unbelievers?

Now, go back and read it again.

We can associate with all kinds of people. That's why Christ ate with tax collectors, prostitues, and others. He did not partner with them in a ministry. None of the disciples worked with Christ until they had set aside their old beliefs, such as was the case with Saul on the road to Emmaus. Before he could work together with Christ, he had to give up his Old Ways.

So, Christ was 100% consistent with the scripture. None of the many disreputable persons He ministered to became people who worked with Him, until they expereinced the change of heart that was a requirement.

Being yoked with unbelievers is not Biblical. Bringing them the Word, IS.

So ... every single Christian, except fundamentalist Christians who believe eggzackery as you do are merely members of an "unGodly cult"? Did we understand you correctly? I just wanna make sure I've painted you with the proper brush.

Mihn has raised what is a very good question. How does one recognize a "cult?"

Simply, you find out who they think Jesus is.

Prophet? Cult.

Wise man? Cult?

Enlightened leader? Cult.

A guy who created a new scripture based on appearances in America in colonial times? Cult.

A guy in Waco who says he's Jesus? Cult.

In other words, the person of Jesus is made clear in the Bible, and as scripture from God, the Bible is 100% sufficient. No other doctrine, no other books, no other prophets.

Acts 4:12. No other name.

Otherwise, it is probably a cult.

A cult. Occult. Hmm. Could be a connection there.

You're elitist piousness and tone of superiority does not impress me.

You people must be whack jobs to think you can denegrate someone else's beliefs and think that garners you success in reaching their heart and is somehow related to winning souls to christ. Do you honestly think that you have more rights to own your beliefs than anyone else? You must be whacked if you think any one else's opinions about their personal relationships with God don't matter, that only yours does. Disrespecting the other person's beliefs just insults them. I don't care what you believe, but if you don't show me respect I will never listen to you. You even call names, don't you know that you must be an example in all ways if you are to claim superiority, you have already failed. A true leader leads by example.

What you don't know about the love of God and winning souls is a lot, your words speak volumes about your ignorance. Try practicing loving your neighbor as yourself in deed and in action then speak of the gospell. This elitist attitude makes me sick.

Timebuilder and onthebeach you shred and offend your opponent with words, you cry cult and taunt and bite with condescending cutting words of "I'll pray for you, your wrong , your misguided, personal problems!" You do not acknowledge belief and sevice to God in whatever form, but denegrade it, criticize it and mock it. Much like the treatment Christ received from the Pharisees and Saducees, they were very convinced they were right too.

Why not lead by example, why not be glad that others recognize God and the role of spirituality in their lives rather than condeming them because they do not believe exactly as you do. You must learn to be thankful for what you do have, and not condemn others for what you percieve they don't know, offending and insulting others is no way to bring them to Christ.

God is real big on feedom of will, you do more harm than good beating anyone up for their beliefs, and pounding in yours, you do not have the market cornered on truth! God would have all men to be saved, and come to a knowledge of the truth, but it is all about a loving relationship between him and us, without the love, the words fall to ground and are meaningless.

Your intensions might be good, but you cannot be insulting and elitist in your delivery, if you are, you are the ignorant one, you are THE ZEALOT, if you know all things but have not charity-love, it is nothing. Argue with that, I dare ya.

It's like you're not even trying to spread the gospell, you're trying to righteous-ize everyone else, making sure they are practicing the "right" way, making sure they submit to your rule of practice and then they'll be okay.

Let's be honest, your words do not convey that you are really trying to be loving in promoting the gospell, your ending words say you are trying to win an arguement, you feel slighted and must get the last blow in the fight. Don't bring God into this fight, shame on you!

Do you honestly think that you have more rights to own your beliefs than anyone else? You must be whacked if you think any one else's opinions about their personal relationships with God don't matter, that only yours does.

I think this one quote pretty much captures the tone of your post, so I'll address it before I go and start my day.

Your criticism is based on a fallacy, a common one, to be sure, but it is false none the less.

Do I think I have more "rights" to my beliefs than someonne else? No. The "right" to have a belief is guaranteed by the constitution.

Does someone else's opinon "matter?" Yes, expecially if their mislead and misinformed opinion leads them to fly airplanes into our buildings. Aside from that, it is simplly a matter of what they believe versus what God teaches.

My opinon does NOT matter. Only God's does, and it is the only opinion of ANY importance in the grand scheme of things.

If you approach this question from the ecumenical viewpoint that somehow all beliefs are equally valuable, and somehow all lead you to a relationship with God, in the manner that HE determines is acceptable, then you would be wrong.

That's God's opinon, not mine. I merely follow it.

and yes, shame on you for not following what God says. There IS no argument.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back